The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite right, classic DM trash!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't agree more. Not to mention that it's well known that the DOC and Princess Alexandra are very close (if i remember well Camilla was very present during sir Angus Ogilvy's last days and Alexandra was always very supportive regarding Charles and Camilla relationship).

I really liked the video on her visiting the dogs and cats, when I get a chance I would like to do volunteer work with animals because I love them and feel that we should show them more respect and love.

I suspect that somewhere along the line Princess Alexandra has expressed a desire to start thinking about cutting back her patronages and, of course, Richard Kay turns this into one of his anti-Camilla rants.

A non-story.

I have to agree here with you. If you read the article, it says:

"But a Soho local tells me: ‘Recently, a visitor who was being shown round the premises was told that the long-term plan was for Ben’s aunt, Camilla, to become the new patron."

Long term being the keyword here.

I can very well see the DoC stepping in and assisting then perhaps covering this patronage for Princess Alexandra very nicely.

The headline was a sensationalistic approach to get folks to read and buy I think.

I stopped believing what the Guardian writes about the Royal family when they told their readers in an article about the planned changes in the RF's funding that there "never was a historic link between the Civil List and the Crown Estate", thus giving the queen her share of the Crown Estate would be stealing from the taxpayer or something like that. Okay, the Guardian is an anti-monarchist paper but even they must know that of course the RF got their right to the Civil list payments in exchange for the Crown Estate. So what they wrote was a blatant lie in order to give their readers the feeling that the RF- members are just hangers-on.

I have to agree with you here. It still amazes me at how many people think that all of the BRF are wining and dining and vacationing in style on the taxpayer's expense. WE know its not like that and in 2013 its going to change again.

Regardless of whatever is published and alluded to, I would imagine even if funding by the taxpayer is totally cut off from the RF, they'd really not be hurting for their next meal. After following their activities for a few years and what they have done as representatives of the Crown, I do think that they do earn whatever they do receive.

As far as the "comments" left on the Facebook page about Camilla, all I can say is those that left negative comments probably have no clue of what Camilla has been doing as the DoC. Just looking over the history of pictures from events lately, I don't think I've ever seen Charles looking happier and jovial than he has been lately. Camilla herself seems to have a wonderful connection with children and people and seems to make them feel right at home.

If you look down the article you can see that poor child is tramatized by the DOC with those puppets on her hands. I tell you he's going to have therapy for life! :p
I wonder if they will leave all those comments. People are entitled to their opinions and FB is a public page. Hopefully, people will come around and realize that the DOC is supoorting the Monarchy and that is her job and she is, IMO doing an excellent job of it.

I dont think it's accurate to say 'anti-Royalists' when all of the negative remarks are regarding Camilla. To quote the movie The Queen....Charles: 'Why do they hate us?' QEII: 'Not us, dear.' There are a lot of people who love Queen Elizabeth who decidedly do NOT love Charles and Camilla.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has attended a Service For War Wounded at
St. Bride's Church November 10, 2010 in London.The service commemorated
journalists, cameramen and support staff who have fallen in the war zones
and conflicts of the past decade.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

I dont think it's accurate to say 'anti-Royalists' when all of the negative remarks are regarding Camilla. To quote the movie The Queen....Charles: 'Why do they hate us?' QEII: 'Not us, dear.' There are a lot of people who love Queen Elizabeth who decidedly do NOT love Charles and Camilla.
Oh dear, how sad, How awful to be reduced to using a DM article and a fictional movie to validate one's ant-Camilla stance. But let's get it right shall we working on the premise that half a truth is more of a lie than an outright lie.
Telegraph.co.uk:quote]
But moderators were forced to remove dozens of comments by anti-monarchist saboteurs who clicked the “like” button in order to join discussions on the page only to post abusive messages.

The Telegraph was even-handed enough to present both sides . . . .
One user branded the Royal Family “scrounging layabouts” with another called the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh “inbred t------”.
. . . . . . Their views were outweighed by positive messages, however, with hundreds of supportive comments filling the site withing hours of it's launch.
So even the Queen came in for a hammering!
One user defended the Duchess of Cornwall saying: 'Glad that Charles has found happiness with Camilla - let's accept that they were meant for each other and draw a veil over the past.'
Let's just take a little reality break shall we?

Last edited:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has attended a Service For War Wounded at St. Bride's Church November 10, 2010 in London.The service commemorated journalists, cameramen and support staff who have fallen in the war zones and conflicts of the past decade.
I'm glad she did. She looked lovely once again. Hope we'll see the couple together at the Cenotaph on Sunday! :flowers:

Oh dear, how sad, How awful to be reduced to using a DM article and a fictional movie to validate one's ant-Camilla stance. But let's get it right shall we working on the premise that half a truth is more of a lie than an outright lie
MARG, as you know perfectly well, I was replying to an earlier posted article. And I am neither sad nor awful nor reduced. I am just pointing out that given the amount of 'anti-Camilla' posts in reply to the article, it would certainly appear that statistically I am FAR from alone in my feelings towards the woman. And there are many of us who LOVE QEII, and not Camilla which was my point abount it being not 'Anti-Monarchist'.

I know from experience of hearing people's comments that this is true. Many people love and admire the Queen but don't particularly care for her heir or his wife. These people aren't "Diana fanatics" either.

And there are many of us who LOVE QEII, and not Camilla which was my point abount it being not 'Anti-Monarchist'.

Quite right, we live in a free society and people are allowed to hold their own views. However, DM readers in general tend to be anti-monarchist, and the newspaper has a very anti-monarchy / pro-Diana position, so it is only natural that there be a confluence of interest amongst DM readers and the anti-Camilla brigade.

My own view is that in the UK, the perception of Charles as a thinker and an individualhas risen cnsiderably in the last decade or so. Some of this may just be passage of time since "St Diana" was shoved off the mortal coil, but more so, IMO, because a lot of the unfashionable things that Charles championed in the the 1990s are mainstream now: environmental awareness, organic food, preservation of architect.

At the risk of sounding unpopular, I do think that whilst HM has been unflinching in her duty, I do think at one level she lacks the intellectual depth and curiousity that Charles has demonstrated. I have no concrete basis for saying so, but this is my view that I cannot substantiate with hard facts.

facebook and DOC

When you go on these websites facebook, you tube-you see the same name of email address "spamming" a topic. So while I am sure that there were vulgar comments that doesn't mean that this represents 100's of people. It is likely the same group typing over and over again.

If you go to you tube (not thle royal channel and type in any BRF member you will see vulgar comments.
Overall I dont think this Facebook idea was a good one. It is going to be hard to moderate this.

Overall I dont think this Facebook idea was a good one. It is going to be hard to moderate this.

Why is it not a good idea?
It's quite easy to moderate a facebook account.

I think that you could very well be correct in your opinion. Perhaps it has to do with her education and also the young age at which she became Sovereign. From what I've picked up about the Queen's education, her mother made sure that she had the standard education befitting an upper-case girl, and her father mentored her as far as being a sovereign goes. Then she was married at 21, a mother at 22, and Queen at the age of 26. Prince Charles has had many years to study and form his opinions and relative freedom to express his thoughts as well; we know more about what he thinks about things.

At the risk of sounding unpopular, I do think that whilst HM has been unflinching in her duty, I do think at one level she lacks the intellectual depth and curiousity that Charles has demonstrated.

The Duchess of Cornwall met schoolchildren at Clarence House for a lecture with
author Jeremy Strong and afterwards they all travelled by Routemaster bus to a
reception at the London Transport Museum, London to mark the 15th Anniversary
of the National Young Readers' Programme. So it's been one event with different
settings.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery 1 ** zimbio/gettyimages 2 **

Last edited:

Like in previous years the Duchess of Cornwall today, November 18, switched
on the Christmas lights in Bath, this time with a special support by an elderly
gentleman ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The DOC looked particulary good lately :flowers:

Wonderful!

As usual the tasteful version of the same event from the DM

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, turns on Christmas lights in Bath | Mail Online

ETA: Well, not everyone was laughing.
Camilla turns on the Christmas lights -- but the festive feeling is not universal

I bet this lady has some election to win or something like that next year. She felt that "we should have had somebody who isn't associated with pomp and ceremony and wealth" ? Sure an olympic gold medalist and Nicolas Cage (last year) are not associated with wealth...Nonsense all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom