The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Hi, can somebody tell me something about Sophie Densham, Private Secretary of Camilla? Thank you!
(So far, i always saw the the Duchess joined by Amanda ... at official engagements ( can´t remember the surname))

A pic of Sophie Densham published today by getty:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Hi, can somebody tell me something about Sophie Densham, Private Secretary of Camilla? Thank you!
(So far, i always saw the the Duchess joined by Amanda ... at official engagements ( can´t remember the surname))

A pic of Sophie Densham published today by getty:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
There used to be a very useful list of all of the Prince's and Camilla's staff in an appendix to the Prince of Wales's financial Annual Report, but I noticed tis summer that when I tried to download it from the Clarence House website there was no longer such a list.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Nobility

Brixton

A worthwhile cause. I hope Camilla's presence helps them raise the funds. The problems of the inner city are the same around the world. Once again Camilla looks at ease with a diversity of people. She looks relaxed.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Royal Highness

Antony Price, the man who redesigned the Duchess of Cornwall
October 5

I have known her for years as a woman of impeccable taste, even though the press were always trying to catch her on a horse, down a lane, looking awful,” says Price.

Antony Price, the man who redesigned the Duchess of Cornwall - Telegraph
Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
There used to be a very useful list of all of the Prince's and Camilla's staff in an appendix to the Prince of Wales's financial Annual Report, but I noticed tis summer that when I tried to download it from the Clarence House website there was no longer such a list.
I found such a list but it is in Welsh... But I think Milla Ca refered to Amanda MacManus - she shared the same text with this Sophie Densham, but in addition she has "pairt-thide" behind it, so I guess Sophie Densham is the lady-in-waiting but shares the job with Ms. MacManus who only works part-time.

here's the link: http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/content/documents/Annual%20Review%202008%20(Gaidhlig)%20-%20Income,%20Expenditure%20and%20Staff.pdf

Interesting what I found about Ms. MacManus at: http://www.time.com/time/daily/speci...son_loss2.html (from Time Magzine, pre-wedding):

"Nor has she (Camilla, then still Mrs. Parker Bowles) ever been anything but discreet. After news of her private June 12 meeting with Prince William at St. James's Palace appeared in newspapers last month, Parker Bowles was quick to accept the resignation of part-time aide Amanda MacManus, who confessed to inadvertently leaking the story in pillow talk with her husband, a Times newspaper executive. (He then mentioned it to a pal in New Zealand, who in turn passed it on to his tennis partner, The Sun's chief reporter, John Kay.) "

Seems she welcomed Ms. MacManus back into the fold - nice gesture, this.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I found such a list but it is in Welsh... But I think Milla Ca refered to Amanda MacManus - she shared the same text with this Sophie Densham, but in addition she has "pairt-thide" behind it, so I guess Sophie Densham is the lady-in-waiting but shares the job with Ms. MacManus who only works part-time.
Thank you Jo , yes i´m talking about Amanda MacManus. She´s the one i often saw near Camilla at official engagements. But i asked about Sophie Densham because you can actually see her at events attended by Charles and Camilla. So maybe she could get a postion like Elizabeth Buchanan, who will leave Clarence House in December?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this evening dress on Camilla. It shows her neck and shoulders but barely any cleavage.

Quote:
Antony Price, the man who redesigned the Duchess of Cornwall
October 5

I have known her for years as a woman of impeccable taste, even though the press were always trying to catch her on a horse, down a lane, looking awful,” says Price.

Antony Price, the man who redesigned the Duchess of Cornwall - Telegraph
Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla backs meals on wheels
October 6

Camilla has been invited to watch the service in operation in Ballater, Aberdeenshire to mark the beginning of Community Meals on Wheels week.

The Press Association: Camilla backs meals on wheels
Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thank you Jo , yes i´m talking about Amanda MacManus. She´s the one i often saw near Camilla at official engagements. But i asked about Sophie Densham because you can actually see her at events attended by Charles and Camilla. So maybe she could get a postion like Elizabeth Buchanan, who will leave Clarence House in December?
I found this source from 2007 which includes a lady called Katy Golding which is not longer featured in the 2008 Gaelic version, so I guess Sophie Densham took over Ms. Golding's position this year.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/cont...007_chap_5.pdf

And on googling around I found this charity site which is about a team called "Charlie's Angels" from "Clarence House". Now isn't that sweet?
http://www.justgiving.com/chca
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

I agree Jo, ´Charlie´s Angels´sounds really sweet... ( and they are doinig good things with their charity, i know the member Claudia Holloway, i received a letter from Clarence House signed by her )

<strong>Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall named as Honorary Air Commodore at RAF Halton</strong> - Aylesbury Today

The Press Association: Camilla backs meals on wheels

He described the Duchess as "very nice", and said they discussed a number of issues as well as sharing a glass of whisky.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great news for Halton and Care Catering, well done Camilla.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

BARROW is getting a surprise royal visit later this month when Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, returns to meet the crew of the Astute.

North West Evening Mail
Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 PM

I feel quite out of the loop. What have I missed? Am I right in saying we've not seen a tiara outing?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cornwall meets Olympic medallists at a Reception given by The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh at Buckingham Palace for the 2008 Great Britain Olympic Team, 16 October 2008.
http://http://www.royal.gov.uk/files...p2%20large.jpg
Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Nobility

http://URL : Protocole HyperText Transfer (HTTP)
i like her dress , the colors is perfecte , she looks elegante like usualy!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimae View Post
http://URL : Protocole HyperText Transfer (HTTP)
i like her dress , the colors is perfecte , she looks elegante like usualy!
Thank you for posting, chaimae , but unfortunately it´s not possible for me to open both of you links. Maybe you can give a tip or check the links again. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:37 PM

A new brooch for Camilla?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

milla Ca, the photo from post 34 is on this page, although I assume it'll rotate off the page as newer photos are added.

Royal Insight > Gallery
Old 10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you, Elspeth!
Old 10-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thank you for posting, chaimae , but unfortunately it´s not possible for me to open both of you links. Maybe you can give a tip or check the links again. Thank you!
I had the same problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
milla Ca, the photo from post 34 is on this page, although I assume it'll rotate off the page as newer photos are added.

Royal Insight > Gallery
Thanks Elspeth - its the one where she's wearing that beautiful blue, am I right?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall