The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A former policeman has complained to the Duchess of Cornwall that his old job guarding Buckingham Palace left him with bad feet.
Camilla promised to pass on the gripe when she met Brian Johns, 67, as he displayed his badly calloused feet to a nurse in a podiatry treatment room at Llandovery Community Hospital

The Press Association: Camilla 'to pass on ex-guard gripe'

:D

sound intersting , i think it should be amusing for the dads to see the duchess cooking :)
looking for the pictures sky :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scrutiny over the Prince of Wales' expenses has not dampened his popularity on the second day of the Royal tour in Wales.
His wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has spoken exclusively to the BBC in her first official interview on the second day of the couple's royal tour in Wales.

BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | Camilla gives first interview

why would Wales be especially quiet as she says, I wonder. Scotland isn't?:flowers:

:previous: I think she is just comparing it to the noise and hustle of London. When we go down to London, the noise and smell seems overwhelming. When we then move back up to Scotland, the silence seems absolute. :flowers:

Pics 3.7.2009

Extremely nice and cute pics from today, I think pic 3 is
my favourite of these :)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall plays with children when she opens
the new Berryfields Community Centre in Bodmin, Cornwall, England,
July 3, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

I think it's quite obvious Camilla is a very hands-on grandmother. :D
Those pictures are amazing, thank you iceflower! :flowers:

:previous:
How cute is the third picture. The baby really doesn't have a clue who Camilla is. :lol:
Thank you IceFlower.

Iceflower,
Thank you for the wonderful pics. Pic 3 is super - just think what that little girl is going to think 10 20 years from now! Pic 6 is a must for 2nd place "No, not the pearls!" :eek: :flowers:

Pics 10.7.2009

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrives to present Afghanistan
Campaign Medals to members of the Royal Navy at Whale
Island Naval Base on July 10, 2009 in Portsmouth, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery **

:previous: Super pictures, Thank you iceflower. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall has presented campaign medals to Royal Navy medics for their service in Afghanistan.
Camilla was guest of honour at an event to celebrate the contribution of the Royal Naval Medical Services personnel who deployed to Helmand Province between October and April this year

The Press Association: Camilla presents medals to medics

-------------------------------
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has been confirmed at the guest of honour on the first day and will perform the opening ceremony

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/4485683.Bands_ready_to_roll_at_Trowbridge_show/

The story of how a group of shoppers, angry at the part that the Duchess of Cornwall, had played in the break up of the Prince of Wales's first marriage, pelted the then plain Camilla Parker Bowles with bread rolls in a supermarket near her home in Wiltshire has always been officially denied.

Co-stars fail to cast a spell on Emma Watson - Telegraph

A Clarence House spokesman insists: "Whether it was bread rolls or doughnuts, it's still not true."

Pics 23.7.2009

Here are yesterday's pics with less watermarks,
Camilla meets members of the Gloucestershire Federation of
Women's Institute during a reception at Highgrove, Tetbury
on July 22, 2009

I like those group pictures taken from a higher
point like in pic 3 , it shows more people and the
royals as a part of a whole "normal" group :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here are the first pics from today:

The Duchess of Cornwall visited the West Wilts Show, where she
formally opened the show. She also looked around and met many
of the exhibitors, Trowbridge, Britain, July 23, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Pics 23.7.2009

Camilla attended another event after the West Wilts Show
yesterday:

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Knorr-Bremsee Rail Systems
Ltd and presents The Queen's Award for Enterprise innovation,
July 23, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

HE was stranded in The Solent and showing the first signs of hypothermia.
Master goldsmith Will Souter slipped in and out of consciousness as rain and strong winds battered the 26ft sports cruiser, which had suffered engine failure.

Saving my life was a gem of a day
-------------------------------
Of all the famous faces the Duchess of Cornwall has met in her royal duties, the one she encountered on Thursday is likely to be the most intimidating.

Camilla crosses path with a scary foe as she opens country show |Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

People wishing to attend the funeral of WWI veteran Harry Patch can now apply for tickets from Wells Cathedral

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Somerset | Tickets available for WWI funeral

HUNDREDS queued yesterday for tickets to the funeral of Harry Patch, Britain's last survivor of the World War One trenches

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...for-chance-to-pay-respect-to-Harry-Patch.html

All available tickets for the funeral of WWI veteran Harry Patch at Wells Cathedral have now been issued

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/8179275.stm
The Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Gloucester are due to attend the funeral service

--------------------------
I find this somewhat distasteful, surely it should be done by invitation to his friends, family and dignitaries.

Farewell to the Last Tommy: Thousands pay their respects at funeral of World War I veteran Harry Patch

In life, he was honoured as the last survivor from the trenches during a war that cost millions of men their lives. In death, World War I veteran Harry Patch wanted the focus to be on peace.

And so the funeral of the 'Last Tommy', who died aged 111 last month, was about reconciliation rather than a display of military power - of inclusion rather than separation.
British soldiers who took part were joined by Belgian, French and German soldiers - a living recognition of the veteran's own words that all those involved had been blighted by the Great War.

'Irrespective of the uniforms we wore, we were all victims,' said the centenarian who fought at the Battle of Passchendaele when he was eventually ready to talk of the horrors he had witnessed.

Although no tribute would ever be enough to thank Harry Patch, the last of the British finest, I think this sincere show of respect, gratitude and emotions was a nice touch. I find it especially fitting that not only British but also Belgian, French and German soldiers joined the service.

Rest in peace, Mr. Patch.

Last edited:
I'm sure they reserved spaces for family and friends. I often feel that the gallant soldiers of World War I are forgotten heroes... and I know my grandfather was one of them. I wish he had had the long life of Mr. Patch.

A few more pics of Camilla today:

HRH Camilla Duchess of Cornwall attends the funeral of WW1
veteran Harry Patch at Wells Cathedral on August 6, 2009 in
Wells, England. The Duchess of Gloucester attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I'm sure they reserved spaces for family and friends. I often feel that the gallant soldiers of World War I are forgotten heroes... and I know my grandfather was one of them. I wish he had had the long life of Mr. Patch.
They did, as well as for the dignitaries and members of the armed services. I suppose in the end it was fitting that members of the public could also attend.:flowers:

Harry Patch, First World War Veteran, Laid To Rest In Funeral At Wells Cathedral Attended By Royalty | UK News | Sky News

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Somerset | In pictures: Last Tommy's funeral

Camilla leads mourners saying goodbye to Harry Patch, the 'Last Fighting Tommy'

An "ordinary Somerset man" who "became extraordinary" – this was just one of the tributes read out in honour of Britain's last surviving WWI veteran, Harry Patch, at his funeral service at Wells Cathedral in Somerset on Thursday... - HelloMagazine Article

Pitures via Daylife

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom