The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, her spokesman confirmed that she would be returning to public engagements in the near future, so....we know we'll see her some time in the near future. :lol:

Last edited:
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Royal sources expect the Duchess of Cambridge to resume royal duties in February, probably towards the end of the month.

I hope this also means we get that announcement of the new Patronages she's taking on. We were supposed to learn that too around now and it also had to be pushed back due to Kate being so sick IIRC.

Looking forward to seeing more of HRH next month and happy it seems the worst is over. :flowers:

I hope this also means we get that announcement of the new Patronages she's taking on. We were supposed to learn that too around now and it also had to be pushed back due to Kate being so sick IIRC.

Looking forward to seeing more of HRH next month and happy it seems the worst is over. :flowers:

You probably are right and SJP will annouce her new Patronages soon. I hope so!:flowers:

You probably are right and SJP will annouce her new Patronages soon. I hope so!:flowers:

I am interested to see what new patronages she takes, but I almost think I'd rather see her do another round of visits related to her current patronages. Particularly Action on Addiction- I feel like she could do so much good with that particular patronage.

I think of all of them, EACH has been the one she's shown the most dedication to- which is lovely, since it is such a worthy organization.

I am interested to see what new patronages she takes, but I almost think I'd rather see her do another round of visits related to her current patronages. Particularly Action on Addiction- I feel like she could do so much good with that particular patronage.

I think of all of them, EACH has been the one she's shown the most dedication to- which is lovely, since it is such a worthy organization.

Same here!:flowers: It would be lovely to see her doing some visits related her current patronages!

I think EACH and the NPG are the ones she has been showing more dedication.

I would love to see her doing some more engagements related to Action on Addiction and the Art Room

Victoria Murphy‏@QueenVicMirror
@RoyalKateDebate My understanding is it's all got pushed back because of pregnancy. I think Feb at earliest

Journalist response to question on when there would be news of Catherine's patronages (22nd Jan)

Just because there hasn't been any *public* stuff going between Kate and those two organizations, doesn't mean she's not doing anything behind the scenes.

I would also think doing anything publicly w/Action on Addiction would need to be carefully handled to ensure whomever meets Kate is either been a Recovering Alcoholic or Recovering Drug Addict for several years or someone who while not sober for long, is at least confident enough to be able to handle the exposure they would get by meeting HRH. It doesn't take a great leap to imagine the Media would just love to jump on someone who ended up going off the wagon after meeting Kate and that in turn wouldn't be a great thing for AoA.

JMO and also assuming, of her current patronages AoA is going to be the one we only see her Publicly doing an Engagement for the least among her Patronages and for the reasons up above. However, that doesn't mean she's not doing a lot behind the scenes.

Once again...JMO. :flowers:

Just because there hasn't been any *public* stuff going between Kate and those two organizations, doesn't mean she's not doing anything behind the scenes.

Of course, and I didn't mean to imply otherwise- I was just very impressed with her opening a dialogue between EACH and Hospice Malaysia and I'm interested to see if she undertakes similar partnerships for some of her other patronages in the future.

She's only done one public visit for Action on Addiction, and some of it could certainly be logistics, but the major benefit of her patronage is to shine a light on addiction issues and bring in funding for them. That's got to involve more public work than private :)

I'm sure it's on her agenda for the future, I'm just looking forward to seeing it.

If that's Kate where are the protection officers? Or do they wait outside? I never see pics of any around her when she's out and about alone when she's not working...perhaps they just never make it into the shots...

LaRae

If that's Kate where are the protection officers? Or do they wait outside? I never see pics of any around her when she's out and about alone when she's not working...perhaps they just never make it into the shots...

LaRae

i guess they are not in the pictures because keep a reasonable distance with her and try to mimetise as much as possible with the rest of the world...

it's interesting because neither the bartenders or the girl next to her seem (from the picture at least) recognise her.

i guess they are not in the pictures because keep a reasonable distance with her and try to mimetise as much as possible with the rest of the world...

it's interesting because neither the bartenders or the girl next to her seem (from the picture at least) recognise her.

I have seen pics of when Harry and William were going out and about, you'd almost always see their protection officers in pics but maybe that is because of the higher level of craziness that comes with the all those photograhpers.

I noticed that too that no one around 'her' (if it's Kate) was looking at her but then again I suppose there are people who just would not recognize her, like the man in the store in Wales.

LaRae

That could be anyone!

Not just anyone - someone with legs as trim as Kate's. That rules out quite a bit of the population. :lol: And the lens on that camera is awful - we may never ID the shoes ;)

They probably looked after Lupo who is not allowed into a food store, so had to stay outside. Just imagine someone stole The Royal Pet....

Kate Middleton was spotted today in Pret A Manger in London

Source Twitter
@maisiewillis
@norachou

Eliza Walker@elizarosewalker
Just saw Kate Middleton in south ken #greatspot #whatababe

She was spotted shopping on Kings Road.

Hannah Kay@HannahKayGR
Serving Kate Middleton was crazy #beauty

Caryse M@Brwneyegirl25
Looks like Kate was in Gap today!!

Apparently Kate was out and about yesterday in South Kensington (where I live- I still can't believe I missed a chance to see her! I'm not lucky).
She went to Gap store, Starbucks and Pret A Manger where she bought a sandwich and a croissant.

I saw the picture yesterday on facebook and instagram but I was not sure about posting it in the thread as I didn't ask the owner for permission and didn't find a way to contact her.

Thanks for sharing!:flowers:

The public seem to be just as intrusive as the paparazzi they complain about. We have turned into a nation of paps.

Anyone with a cell phone can snap a picture in the twinkling of an eye these days. I'm thinking this picture of Kate was taken just that way, because of it's blurriness.

Not just anyone - someone with legs as trim as Kate's. That rules out quite a bit of the population. :lol: And the lens on that camera is awful - we may never ID the shoes ;)

Probably not much if the population in London, models an all.

The public seem to be just as intrusive as the paparazzi they complain about. We have turned into a nation of paps.

To be perfectly honest is Catherine walked in front of me in a shop I would ask for a picture with her. Although I wouldn't post it on twitter.

Very true and it's scary, IMO.

To be perfectly honest is Catherine walked in front of me in a shop I would ask for a picture with her. Although I wouldn't post it on twitter.

And she would refuse it as she always does. :)

And you know that how? Have you asked her for a picture?

No I've not.

But I know people who have asked her and received a refusal x) She says she can't do this when asked for a picture while she's out and about. Remember the girl who asked her to do that at Thatcham Waitrose earlier this year?

I'm not talking about her walkabouts during her official engagements when some are lucky enough to take a pic with her. Although she refused some as well.

I wonder why that is. When prince Willem-Alexander and princess Maxima were visiting this area with their children a few years ago they were more than happy to pose for photo's with people. They however asked people not to officially publish them and no one did. There is a photo of them in the restaurant they were in though...

I wonder why that is. When prince Willem-Alexander and princess Maxima were visiting this area with their children a few years ago they were more than happy to pose for photo's with people. They however asked people not to officially publish them and no one did. There is a photo of them in the restaurant they were in though...

I'd venture because Catherine has a higher profile than the Dutch Royals, so it's more likely that a person who asks for a picture with the Duchess will sell it off to a newspaper, or worse, gossip rag. I think it's a precaution, but I have a feeling the circumstances are taken into consideration as well, such as who is asking, and whether or not it's a walk-about during which she has a lot of time to spare for pictures. I've been to stage doors of theatres after shows, and sometimes actors will have the security tell people ahead of time that this particular person will not be stopping for pictures. There are no exceptions in this case, because if they stop for one person, they'll have to stop for everyone else too.

If Kate stopped for one, then others would be asking her for a picture. It would never end. It's easier to say no to everyone unless they are officially taking pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom