The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she visits the hospice once a year, a heart of gold indeed!

Yes, she visits the hospice once a year, a heart of gold indeed!

To be accurate, there has been one publicised visit. She was obviously in contact with all of her charities prior to the publicised visits. I would assume meetings with the chief officer and team privately. Otherwise how could she take up the patronages?

She can't be there on a regular basis publically and, frankly, it would be incredibly disruptive is she was. The same applies to other royals visiting their organisations (be it milatry, charity or other). Formal visits do take a lot of organisation and there should be a reason for it, rather than just turning up. Those latter types of visit are normally done privately.

To be accurate, there has been one publicised visit. She was obviously in contact with all of her charities prior to the publicised visits. I would assume meetings with the chief officer and team privately. Otherwise how could she take up the patronages?

She can't be there on a regular basis publically and, frankly, it would be incredibly disruptive is she was. The same applies to other royals visiting their organisations (be it milatry, charity or other). Formal visits do take a lot of organisation and there should be a reason for it, rather than just turning up. Those latter types of visit are normally done privately.
Public visits do a lot of good. Of course, there are pros and cons. I get the feeling she has made a private visit recently....;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Catherine is in constant contact with her charities and with the officials of the charities. The Duchess held a B&BQ for one of charities at her parents home in Berkshire. She attend engagements that will help benefit her charities and the officials of her charities attend The Royal Forums that's held twice a year.

Agreed! Indeed she does, and that is putting it very mildly!:wub:
She and Robert Hardy need to do a hospice visit together!;):prettyplease:

If they ever do a collaborative visit, it'll be extremely special and magical. The children won't know what hit them.

We should also take into account that Kate's choosing to wear one of EACH's bracelets led to their selling thousands of them, all over the world, earning the organisation much-needed funds.

Oh, and then there's the fact that, with Kate's becoming involved in the 100 Women in Hedge Funds charity (via William), two of her patronages will each be the beneficiary of 100WHF's philanthropy for a whole year (Action on Addiction in 2013 and The Art Room in 2015). Would this have happened if they'd not had Kate as a patron? Of course not.

I had the exact same reaction about the little one in the photo!
Agree about Catherine too!

Duchess of Cambridge donates baby hamper to auction for East Anglia
A baby hamper donated by the Duchess of Cambridge is among lots going under the hammer for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices this month.

Each Charity Auction | The Annual Each Charity Auction Website (Video included)

KL.FM 96.7 - News - Duchess Of Cambridge In Children's Charity Boost (Video included)

Duchess Of Cambridge In Children's Charity Boost (Video included)

Duchess Of Cambridge In Children's Charity Boost - Yahoo! News UK (Video included)
A children's hospice has seen a surge in its profile since the Duchess of Cambridge became its Royal patron a year ago.
The Treehouse in Ipswich is run by East Anglia's Children's Hospices, or EACH - one of four charities chosen by Kate to receive special support. "Kate's got that credibility. She's very newsworthy, so people recognise her. They trust her. They like her.
"She's got that real warmth about her in the way that Diana had and she is also able to champion of some of those unpopular causes like we saw with Diana, putting things like Aids and landmines on the map."
Kate Middleton Donates Baby Hamper to Charity After Pregnancy Announcement - UsMagazine.com
"EACH is invaluable to hundreds of families. In the past year there has been an unprecedented amount of care and support delivered to children and young people with life-threatening illnesses, and their families," the mom-to-be says in a statement on the auction's page online.
"I have been fortunate enough to meet some of those who have been supported by EACH, and seen firsthand the positive impact this organization has on their lives," she continues. "For both families accessing care, and those who have been bereaved, EACH is a lifeline at an unimaginably difficult time."

There she was in the hospital sick and she was thinking of her charity.

She probably saw that there would be a LOT of interest in all things baby once her pregnancy was announced and like the smart cookie she is, figured out a good way to help others benefit from it also. I really admire her for that.

She probably saw that there would be a LOT of interest in all things baby once her pregnancy was announced and like the smart cookie she is, figured out a good way to help others benefit from it also. I really admire her for that.

This woman's kindness and selflessness never fail to amaze me.

I had to look up "hamper" because I was not sure, and I can´t believe it. Almost seems like a joke.

I'm not a native speaker either, but I understand "hamper" to be a basket filled with gifts? What is the joke?

You are correct. I don't get the joke either, but it's some kind of dig.

You are correct. I don't get the joke either, but it's some kind of dig.

Well, it does have 2 meanings
A large basket, usually with a cover, OR

To prevent the free movement, action, or progress of.

Well, it does have 2 meanings
A large basket, usually with a cover, OR

To prevent the free movement, action, or progress of.

So I guess she gave in fact a basket full of baby related gifts to a charity to be auctioned off for the benefit of said charity. So again, what's the joke?

So I guess she gave in fact a basket full of baby related gifts to a charity to be auctioned off for the benefit of said charity. So again, what's the joke?

Don't know - ask Rosana. MAybe she got confused between prevent and present (gift)

Here in the US (at least in the southern part of the US), the usual connotation of the word "hamper" is as a receptacle for soiled laundry. In that regard, I don't know that a hamper of baby gifts would be well received.:)

Here in the US (at least in the southern part of the US), the usual connotation of the word "hamper" is as a receptacle for soiled laundry. In that regard, I don't know that a hamper of baby gifts would be well received.:)
We use the same term in California. So I get the joke. ;)

I'm sure you will need a laundry hamper with a new baby. If it is filled with useful, needed item, I think it would be a beautiful gift.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Duchess of Cambridge today held a Meeting concerning Palliative Care for Children & Young People at St James’s Palace.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Kate held the meeting in her capacity as Patron, The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

EDIT: theroyaleditor has just answered a tweet of mine saying pics will be published in all UK papers today

Last edited:
@QueenVicMirror: Kate did some behind the scenes charity work this morning holding a meeting about Palliative care at St James's Palace

Didn't realize she had taken on a children's palliative care charity. Though her appearance will be item #1 covered, these difficult subjects will be given some daylight because of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom