The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's where the headline is misleading, of course, where it says she's debuting the baby bump. She's not debuting a bump where it's easily concealed by a loose cape. It's when the bump becomes obvious that it will be revealed. That's the picture I'm waiting to see.

Last edited:
The actual bump will be a huge money shot.

:previous: The cape is right but the hair is stingy and loose whereas Catherine had her hair in a ponytail. And, there was absolutely no RPO in sight. So perhaps not.

That could have been a sighting from another day where she was wearing her hair differently; she's been seen around town on a number of occasions. And perhaps her RPO was out of photo range. So it could be open to speculation that it was her.

I believe that was the case. I'll look it up later if no one already has but the original sighting was from a diff day and the photos from today were from a diff day.

ETA today's photos are from Jan 30th and the other one is from Jan 25th

I found more from Tuesday Jan 29th and Wednesday Jan 30th :)

Gallery here:
Kate Middleton Shopping For Maternity Clothes Photo 3

thanks! great pics, i guess the big umbrella helped kate not being recognised very much by the people shopping.

i think she looks lovely in those kitten heels. if i am not mistaken, she's carrying the nightingale givenchy bag.

is that her bodyguard then? i read her female protection officer is also pregnant so maybe she momentarily changed to this protection officer.

thanks! great pics, i guess the big umbrella helped kate not being recognised very much by the people shopping.

i think she looks lovely in those kitten heels. if i am not mistaken, she's carrying the nightingale givenchy bag.

is that her bodyguard then? i read her female protection officer is also pregnant so maybe she momentarily changed to this protection officer.
She looks lovely indeed although really skinny.

I believe he is one of her bodyguards. She has not only a female protection officer :flowers: She usually goes shopping accompanied by a blonde lady who is her protection officer too.

She looks really good.
I like these 2 outfits.

I know, she's trying everything in the world to hide her bump. I think the only time you might see it is when she's on official engagements.

She's trying to hide her bump

I really don't think so. She's at the point now where she knows she needs maternity fashions and also at the point where her everyday regular clothes will be feeling a bit tight and uncomfortable on her. She's not hiding anything. She's dressed comfortably with room for expansion is all. :D

I've noticed three basic approaches to modern maternity dressing:

• Look, look, look at my bump - the tight clothes make that a focus
  • I'm pregnant and practical. I'll wear comfy clothes and not seek the center of all attention
  • I'm on a budget -and so am making my old wardrobe stretch as long as I can and adding pieces as I go along.
Most of my friends are in the third group, so I naturally appreciate people who see maternity dressing as a practical problem, rather than an opportunity to buy more clothes.

And if Catherine started wearing a tight across the belly look all the time, I think I'd quit looking. Not that I find it a bad look - but Ms. Kardashian, Simpson, et al do it so well, why would one compete? I am sure Kate will sport the look at some time or another and it will look good on her. The press will go wild.

But I think most of the time she will continue to dress as she has - slightly subdued - in something flattering but not too daring and nothing garish. Fit for a Princess, rather than a reality show star.

I know, she's trying everything in the world to hide her bump. I think the only time you might see it is when she's on official engagements.

I agree :flowers: Maybe later this month we'll see it!

But she still could not have a 'proper' bump. I only displayed a bump when I was around 15/16 weeks pregnant.

Maybe because she's uncomfortable having her body scrutinized by the world? I know I would be.

I agree also and know that baby bumps can only be concealed for a short time. I am hoping she will become more comfortable with her body as it changes. Pregnant women are beautiful, too.

I agree also and know that baby bumps can only be concealed for a short time. I am hoping she will become more comfortable with her body as it changes. Pregnant women are beautiful, too.

She could be very comfortable with her body and STILL not want her stomach to become world headline news every time she leaves the house.

I think most people would be a bit creeped out to have something so personal discussed on that scale.

Honestly, if she chooses to drape herself in very loose fitting garments for her whole pregnancy, I won't blame her one bit.

I have a slight issue with these photos (and the others that have been shown recently). How can she be "well enough" to go shopping etc. but isn't carrying out engagements? I understand she obviously felt very unwell, but it's photographs like this that give the public a bad image of her as it looks like she is well enough to go shopping and buy things, but not well enough to go and do an engagement once in a while. She isn't the first pregnant Royal wife and she wont be the last. I know it's reported she'll be carrying out engagements soon, but c'mon. That really bothers me and I know it's not going to be well received, but it's my opinion and it's an opinion widely thought among the general public who think she is "lazy".

On a side note, I like her coat but I cannot believe how expensive it is! I read on Tumblr that it has a hefty price tag and was quite shocked. One thing I would hate is being followed by a PPO all the time. Obviously it's for her safety, but sometimes you just want to be alone, particularly if you feel unwell, yet she has to have someone with her all the time. Suppose it's what she signed up for.

As regards to her bump, no doubt we'll be seeing plenty of it in the future so I don't mind waiting.

I am not sure but I did read that she was apparently holding meeting with charities now, but not sure when an actual engagement is to take place.

When is the next scheduled official engagement of Catherine?
This month. I expect SJP to announce some engagements this week.

They say she'll start again with the charities she choose last year:flowers:

I have a slight issue with these photos (and the others that have been shown recently). How can she be "well enough" to go shopping etc. but isn't carrying out engagements?

It's been pointed out many times on this thread that there's a very big difference between the two. Her nausea probably comes in waves- she probably IS fine sometimes and then very sick on other days, and it's probably fairly unpredictable. She can go shopping or grab lunch with her parents with no prior planning- if she wakes up feeling ok that day, she can go for it.

Planning an official engagement is a lot of work. She can't just show up on the day when she's feeling well- it has to be planned in advance, lots of security set up, lots of people looking forward to seeing her. What if that's one of her bad days? She'd be disappointing a lot of people and causing a lot of hassle.

I'm sure her team is aware of this. I also think that cutting her some slack during her pregnancy would be kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom