The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Gentry

According to Mark Stewart, @regaleyes on twitter:
The Duchess of Cambridge has a solo engagement for SportsAid on 28 November, she will attend the Sportsball at Supernova

Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
REMINDER: The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Place2Be, will attend the charity's 'Resilience & Emotional Strength in Schools Forum' on Nov 20

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
REMINDER: The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Place2Be, will attend the charity's 'Resilience & Emotional Strength in Schools Forum' on Nov 20
I'm really looking forward to this event. Thank you for the reminder.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Serene Highness

She said she's not good at sewing and poetry and that her favourite art is photography. She added Prince George is growing very fast because the ex- offenders gave to her a 3-6 monthss vest for him!
Here you can follow the engagement of today. She's wearing black.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/n...terfeed&utm_medium=tw
Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@HRHDuchesskate: Kate's wearing a @maxmara jacket and an @orlakiely_JPN skirt today (with thanks to @RE_DailyMail)

@gordonrayner: Duchess of Cambridge in Max Mara today at Place2be in Canary Wharf http://t.co/huRsyMt4Ep https://twitter.com/gordonrayner/sta...08881733140480

@RE_DailyMail: Very short skirt for Kate today, struggling to contain it in the wind.... http://t.co/F7ZU06quq6 https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...06692067360768

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/...alProduct=News
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The Duchess of Cambridge has a Marilyn moment! Kate braves wintry weather on charity visit to discuss cyberbullying | Mail Online

"Hello!" Busy Kate Middleton attends children's charity event second day in a row
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Serene Highness

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m Kate's decided to stay an hour longer than planned to listen to two more sessions, on addiction and self-harm, at today's forum.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Vicky Smith ‏@VixSmith_Mirror 48m
Kate is applauded as she leaves. She waved as she left the building in Canary Wharf pic.twitter.com/Ft7veRWtdm

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
We've seen more evidence today that Kate's not just a clothes horse but an intelligent, engaged woman determined to make a difference.

Duchess of Cambridge arrives at children's charity event in Canary Wharf-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ary-Wharf.html

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has demonstrated her dedication to children's emotional well-being by attending an education forum. Kate is patron of school-based mental health charity Place2Be, which held the event for headteachers in London's Canary Wharf. Its theme was resilience and emotional strength, with speakers addressing the challenges faced by children and young people-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
Duchess Of Cambridge Battles Windy Conditions-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...y%20Conditions

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m Kate's decided to stay an hour longer than planned to listen to two more sessions, on addiction and self-harm, at today's forum.
Good for her to really stay and hear what the charity is saying. Bravo Kate. I do hope she starts volunteering with a Scout group near Kensington soon. I loved seeing those pictures when they were in Anglesey.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the photos and the videos. Glad to see that she opted to stay longer and listen in the speakers.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has demonstrated her dedication to children's emotional well-being by attending an education forum. Kate is patron of school-based mental health charity Place2Be, which held the event for headteachers in London's Canary Wharf. Its theme was resilience and emotional strength, with speakers addressing the challenges faced by children and young people-
Home - ITNSource News
The video tells a clear story. Catherine is clearly an animated speaker when it comes to topics close to her heart.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Majesty

Yeah, I've read that she's very chatty and she likes listening to everyone and learn about their ideas and problems.

Pictures:
The Duchess of Cambridge Attends Place2Be Forum-
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/11/t...e-attends.html

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yeah, I've read that she's very chatty and she likes listening to everyone and learn about their ideas and problems.

Pictures:
The Duchess of Cambridge Attends Place2Be Forum-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Catherine + children= love + magic. Period.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Catherine + children= love + magic. Period.
Yep, yep. She's great with kids, and it's always a pleasure to watch her in action. She lights up when she's talking about what she loves, and feels strongly about.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Yep, yep. She's great with kids, and it's always a pleasure to watch her in action. She lights up when she's talking about what she loves, and feels strongly about.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app
Agreed on all 3 points.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

I love how she is so animated when she is speaking. She uses her hands alot and is very passionate. I think when people use alot of body jestures it shows that they are really involved in what they are speaking about and that they care. I know that it is a normal thing with some of my family members, including me.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I love how she is so animated when she is speaking. She uses her hands alot and is very passionate. I think when people use alot of body jestures it shows that they are really involved in what they are speaking about and that they care. I know that it is a normal thing with some of my family members, including me.

Then we all share the same trait.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post

I am honestly starting to believe that Kate is very much into what she is doing. I can imagine that like most royals doing engagements, she is going to run into days where she'd rather stay home in bed or in comfortable sweats just having a "do nothing" kind of day. She has grown a lot more confident in her roles and it doesn't seem to faze her doing engagements alone. She is honestly interested, involved and is just as happy to meet and greet people as they are to meet and greet her.

Its still very much "Team Cambridge" but I don't think anyone needs to worry any longer about Kate's ability to do engagements on her own. She's a natural at it.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am honestly starting to believe that Kate is very much into what she is doing. I can imagine that like most royals doing engagements, she is going to run into days where she'd rather stay home in bed or in comfortable sweats just having a "do nothing" kind of day. She has grown a lot more confident in her roles and it doesn't seem to faze her doing engagements alone. She is honestly interested, involved and is just as happy to meet and greet people as they are to meet and greet her.

Its still very much "Team Cambridge" but I don't think anyone needs to worry any longer about Kate's ability to do engagements on her own. She's a natural at it.
The Itnsource vids of her last two engagements show how relaxed she has become. She was so relaxed when talking to the crafts group at Only Connect.
At Place2be it looked like she couldn't get the words out her mouth fast enough . You can see why most people who have met her describe her as "chatty"