The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Courtier

I like the idea of hiring the nanny you had as a child to watch after your own ( that is if they are willing to come out of retirement. That is if they have been) For the first year of George life Catherine and William probably wanted someone they know and trusted. As some have said I can see them hiring a new nanny next year who is younger. We don't know what kind of agreement they had.

With hiring someone you know or trust you can leave and go to events, engagement, Ball, dinner, Etc. and not have to be worried.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5m
New engagement for Kate: the Duchess of Cambridge will attend a SportsAid Athlete workshop at London's Olympic Park on October 18.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

more about the engagement above

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2h
#royal #Kate will view young athletes taking part in sports including wheelchair basketball, CP football, volleyball, fencing & badminton
Old 10-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Courtier

More info about her next engagement here - Kate Middleton's first solo royal engagement since birth of Prince George takes place on 18 October - hellomagazine.com
Old 10-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Courtier

New engagement on December 6th?

Chris Hanes@BattleWinner1
Cant wait until the 6th of December for medals parade �� Kate Middleton ��
Old 10-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Apparently the Dec 6 event is a medal parade for the Irish Guards so that makes sense for Kate to go to. William would also be there since he is the colonel.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
New engagement on December 6th?

Chris Hanes@BattleWinner1
Cant wait until the 6th of December for medals parade �� Kate Middleton ��
Well, that's blown the security!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Majesty

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 2h
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @100_WHF Gala Dinner in aid of @ActionAddiction at Kensington Palace on 24th October

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Majesty

I haven't heard anything about it but I know her military appointments should be coming up soon. I'm hoping she take up the role as Colonel in Chief of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment and share the job with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-11-2013, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I haven't heard anything about it but I know her military appointments should be coming up soon. I'm hoping she take up the role as Colonel in Chief of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment and share the job with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess me View Post
I agree and Catherine is the only person to take on the colonelcy of the Princess of Wales regiment. Princess Alexandra 'relinquished' her role as Colonel in Chief of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, after 40 years to make room for the Duchess of Cornwall.
I would be surprised if Catherine took on the role with the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment before becoming Princess of Wales. We already have a Princess of Wales, so I think we might stick with the current arrangement till we have a Princess of Wales who is happy to be called so.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness

It is interesting if true, that would be a nice coo for Canada considering that Kate doesn't have any British regiments yet. William doesn't have any Canadian regiments.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Majesty

Princess me, did you hear this on the radio or TV? If so, it could be that Charles is passing his regiment down to his daughter-in-law. I could also mean that Catherine could become Colonel in Chief of the regiment in Scotland as well. I guess more appointments will be made with it.

I think we could continue the conversation here: Duchess of Cambridge Duties and Roles

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Whats the point of this thread? Since 90% of Kate engagements are her charity's.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Whats the point of this thread? Since 90% of Kate engagements are her charity's.
This thread is about current events coming up and then the actual event. Charities and Patronages thread (think that if what you are referring to) has announcements of new patronages; explains about them and gives updates on them, ie updates from EACH.

This thread is only about those specific to the Duchess - she is also found on Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events and BRF current events, and special events threads, ie Trooping the Colour Wedding and Christening.

Easy mm?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^what you explained makes sense to me, cepe. But the Charities and Patronages thread is where some of her engagements are being posted (when they are related to the charities like today's) and the same is happening for William and Harry. So, it seems that different members have different interpretations of what should be posted in each thread (my interpretation being equal to yours, cepe). I think the moderators should clarify it and move the posts if necessary. Otherwise, it's just confusing...
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

wow, kate looks fab after only giving birth 3 months ago judging from the picture we got of her playing volleyball. well done to her! she clearly must have a good training routine and is very disciplined with her diet.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^what you explained makes sense to me, cepe. But the Charities and Patronages thread is where some of her engagements are being posted (when they are related to the charities like today's) and the same is happening for William and Harry. So, it seems that different members have different interpretations of what should be posted in each thread (my interpretation being equal to yours, cepe). I think the moderators should clarify it and move the posts if necessary. Otherwise, it's just confusing...
Juliette, the mods and most members don't mind the occasional slip. I have decided to take the attitude that I'll do my best to stay on topic and not worry about the rest. Someone will smack me if I need smacking and the rest does not matter much. Opps, I'm off topic.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Majesty

'Amazing' Kate Plays Volleyball In High Heels:
'Amazing' Kate Plays Volleyball In High Heels

I must say she looked very well and pretty glad to be back doing her royal engagements.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-19-2013, 12:58 AM
Courtier

Let's face it. She has all the time in the world to make herself thin and beautiful. She does not have a full time job to go out to everyday, she does not have to face a mountain of housework, ironing, cleaning, cooking shopping at weekends. She has as much money as she needs to buy healthy organic food. She has access to all the best gym equipment.

As much help as she needs with the baby. Why are the public so surprised she is back to her thin self so quickly. Her schedule is empty most of the time..It is just ---- me time for her! Am I envious, yes of course I am! She is a nice person with access to too much money and plenty of time!

I like them both as a couple, but they are spoilt and pampered which is not always a good thing!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

And here comes the whining about royalty and all the perks they have as opposed to us normal folks. If you don't like people who are rich have nannies and maids and don't have full time jobs I wonder if you are perhaps on the wrong forum.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Closed Thread