The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Courtier

Kate to attend the Tusk Conservation Awards in London, September 12

Kate Middleton back to work! Duchess of Cambridge to attend charity gala in first public appearance since Prince George birth | Mail Online

Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Majesty

Wow, looking forward to seeing Catherine again.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Looks like the ducks are getting all in a row. I would imagine that it will be a joint engagement with both Will and Kate as CNN has a slot scheduled for the 15th at 10pm EST to air "Prince William: His Passion" which will bring the crisis of endangered species in Africa to the forefront. Tusk will be part of the program.

I can't help but feel that this couple don't take their duties half heartedly. Over time I think we're going to see more and more networking such as the gala and the CNN special rather than them just showing up and cutting a ribbon in a photo-op.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Majesty

Yeah, William & Catherine will be involved and hands on with their charities and organizations.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, William & Catherine will be involved and hands on with their charities and organizations.
Perhaps this should be in the thread for joint engagements but I've come to realize something. William (and Kate) are certainly using the media to their best advantage. Although this upcoming interview will draw millions to watch William talk about being a new father and his newborn son, what better way to raise awareness to a cause they feel strongly about? The Cambridges (and perhaps their PR staff) know what they're doing here.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Majesty

I agree, Osipi.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Looks like the ducks are getting all in a row. I would imagine that it will be a joint engagement with both Will and Kate as CNN has a slot scheduled for the 15th at 10pm EST to air "Prince William: His Passion" which will bring the crisis of endangered species in Africa to the forefront. Tusk will be part of the program.

I can't help but feel that this couple don't take their duties half heartedly. Over time I think we're going to see more and more networking such as the gala and the CNN special rather than them just showing up and cutting a ribbon in a photo-op.
These two are very smart when it comes to using the media to their advantage. They are looking to make a difference, not just show up, shake a few hands, advertise a certain fashion label, hand in a check, say a few shallow and relatively meaningless words, and then move on. They want to make sure that they're as hands-on as could be, because that's the way to bring most attention to a cause. Yes, donation are great, but helping create public awareness for something or other is even greater, and William and Catherine are looking at the latter, which is also the bigger picture.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
William is also attending. Love the media!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Majesty

Most people who will watch this documentary will be interested in what they reveal about their personal lives and couldn't care less about saving animals or whatever the charity is - it is just another charity with a royal so 'big deal' - sadly they don't register with most people which one it is they are representing on any particular occasion. There will be some mention of a whatever Willam says - about their private lives if anything - and what Kate wears and nothing much on the issue itself.

This isn't just William and Kate but all the royals - the charities themselves don't actually register or mean anything to the majority of people - it is seeing a royal or noting what the woman was wearing.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Most people who will watch this documentary will be interested in what they reveal about their personal lives and couldn't care less about saving animals or whatever the charity is - it is just another charity with a royal so 'big deal' - sadly they don't register with most people which one it is they are representing on any particular occasion. There will be some mention of a whatever Willam says - about their private lives if anything - and what Kate wears and nothing much on the issue itself.

This isn't just William and Kate but all the royals - the charities themselves don't actually register or mean anything to the majority of people - it is seeing a royal or noting what the woman was wearing.
I disagree. I think the royals do raise awareness for these causes and I think people do pay attention to the purpose of these events. I know that I pay attention to the causes.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Several of the charities reported that there was a major increase in donations after Kate became their patron.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

Did anybody know anything about EACH, Action on Addiction or The Art Room before Kate picked them as patronages? The publicity they get from Kate is priceless. People on twitter raised several thousand pounds for EACH as part of the royal baby fundraising campaign.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Courtier

I think Iluvbertie is right. A lot of people who will watch the interview will do so only to hear about his private life. They may listen to the whole interview, but they may not pay attention to the real purpose of the interview. That does not take away from the fact that there has been an increase in donations to charities, but I would be that is more in the UK than in the USA.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Wealthy people will watch and then try and get tickets for the Gala dinner and offer donations. And that will include wealthy Americans. Why else give this major coup to CNN?

Old 08-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Wealthy people will watch and then try and get tickets for the Gala dinner and offer donations. And that will include wealthy Americans. Why else give this major coup to CNN?
That's a no go unless its for next year's Gala. The Gala is on September 12th and the program airs on CNN on September 15th.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That's a no go unless its for next year's Gala. The Gala is on September 12th and the program airs on CNN on September 15th.
Preview this coming Monday!

Old 09-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by renauld View Post

Certain posters like to stir the pot by posing unflattering pieces from the DM.
Always the usual suspects.
Sorry but that's not true, posters post the Daily Mail articles because it has something to do with the Duchess of Cambridge, flattering or not. Has nothing to do with "stirring the pot".

The article has it's own thread as it's about a new book, it isn't a current event for Catherine.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
True or not? I wonder if William had not met her he would still be unmarried now. Which would be a disaster for the Royal Family. So Kate has saved him from an unmarried fate, which can only be a good thing. Most woman would not have wanted the job!
Why would it be a disaster for William to be unmarried now?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I see no George nor Nanny, so I'll doubt that. Chicken Royale with Cheese? Jeez E!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I see no George nor Nanny, so I'll doubt that. Chicken Royale with Cheese? Jeez E!
found this on Tumblr, apparently this lady is the nanny
You can call me duchess: Photo