The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I imagine that walks such as these have to be cleared with their security,but they are never going to be able to guarantee complete safety and I'm sure Kate is well aware of the potential risks involved. But I agree there is a vulnerability about these pics and the likelyhood they were taken with a long lens isn't good either.
i wouldn't underestimate the capability their bodyguards must have at dealing with anything unexpected. i'd assume they must have gotten really high (if not the highest) level of training and were carefully selected. i wouldn't be surprised if they came from an MI5 or MI6 background - if there isn't such thing as a high level security service we are not even aware of that takes care of heads of state and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
if someone was found taking pictures of a woman and child in a park they would be arrested for stalking, even though it is a public place.
they would, but this is no "mrs smith" we are talking about, but the duchess of cambridge, future queen consort, walking with the future king, who we have seen on 3 ocassions only. it's only natural for the paps to want some material - they are just doing their jobs. and kate or anything revolving around her is highly sellable material. this (royalty) is business. full stop. most of the people from the UK i speak to about royalty tell me that they value it on the basis of their ability to bring money into the country - mostly through tourism. it's likely these are british photographers, working with british agencies. these pics will sell for thousands to several magazines - that is all revenue for the UK. consumption of magazines which will have these pics of kate in the front page by people ALL over the world is a part of the reason royalty still exists in the UK - and i am very sure the queen and william understand this and its repercusion and implications have been communicated clearly to kate before the engagement announcement. so i find it funny to complain about the harrasment they go through when they are doing "normal" things - at least they can do normal things in the first place, which wasn't really the case several decades ago! normal citizens won't get the chance to ever get the opportunities royalty gets, so they are lucky that they can do both at least some times when they go unnoticed by the press. my point is that "normality" is not granted when you are a royal, in the same way that "royal activities" are certainly not granted when you are mrs smith.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Nobility

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but wanting/not minding press when it is convenient or good for you but getting annoyed and talking about privacy when you don't want it is silly, especially for high profile people. Besides, aren't their grounds she can stroll with George completely private?

Old 12-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but wanting/not minding press when it is convenient or good for you but getting annoyed and talking about privacy when you don't want it is silly, especially for high profile people. Besides, aren't their grounds she can stroll with George completely private?
No, there is a small garden - not big enough for a stroll.

They will end up moving out of London for most of the week, IMO esp if William wants to study land management.

We do not own these people 24/7. They are entitled to some privacy and I find the use of long lens, skulking paps really creepy.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Nobility

Everyone, no matter who they are, deserves some privacy.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Majesty

I think it's great that Catherine is allowed the freedom to walk in the Park, go shopping and run errands when she can. William has said that they are all pretty much independent.

Taking the baby for a stroll in the gardens of Kensington Palace is totally fine but she should be allowed to venture outside the palace walls and take the baby for a walk too.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 12-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it's great that Catherine is allowed the freedom to walk in the Park, go shopping and run errands when she can. William has said that they are all pretty much independent.

Taking the baby for a stroll in the gardens of Kensington Palace is totally fine but she should be allowed to venture outside the palace walls and take the baby for a walk too.
Kensington Gardens is not private - that is the name given to the public park.

They have a small enclosed garden but I think it may be overlooked by other properties within the private part of KP but I'm not sure.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Kensington Gardens is not private - that is the name given to the public park.

They have a small enclosed garden but I think it may be overlooked by other properties within the private part of KP but I'm not sure.
Yes, I know that. I was talking about the small gardens in Kensington Palace. I think she should be allowed to venture out the palace walls and and continue to take her walks in Kensington Gardens. I think she take these walks there all the time but not photographed there often.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

oops sorry misunderstood. I agree

Old 12-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've seen 3 more pics of Catherine walking with George but I cannot post them... However she seemed quite annoyed for being photographed! I admire her, how could she stay so calm?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Nobility

She has to stay reasonably calm and grit her teeth, what can she do? Telling them to go away is not an option, they'd just ignore her and she would get the bad press.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

He's 5 months old now - so I am putting this here. Per the Mirror, Kate shopped for George. It could also be for any of her friends with babies, but the mirror did not think of that. Cute choices in either case.
Princess Kate buys baby George a patriotic Christmas jumper fit for for a king - Mirror Online

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 12-31-2013, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Kate and Pippa start New Years Eve together
Kate and Pippa Middleton Get an Early Start on Their New Year's Celebrations - New Year's, The British Royals, The Royals, Kate Middleton, Pippa Middleton, Prince George, Prince William : People.com
Old 12-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had not heard about the biking last year - had anyone else? (see the People link) Is it tab hogwash?

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 12-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

You would think if it was true someone would have taken a picture. It seemed very strange if they left William and Kate at home and went on a pub crawl by bike in December.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Its time for a new thread, which can be found here Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014.

Thanks to all who have posted!

Closed Thread