The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

I love how she is so animated when she is speaking. She uses her hands alot and is very passionate. I think when people use alot of body jestures it shows that they are really involved in what they are speaking about and that they care. I know that it is a normal thing with some of my family members, including me.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 11-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I love how she is so animated when she is speaking. She uses her hands alot and is very passionate. I think when people use alot of body jestures it shows that they are really involved in what they are speaking about and that they care. I know that it is a normal thing with some of my family members, including me.

Then we all share the same trait.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post

I am honestly starting to believe that Kate is very much into what she is doing. I can imagine that like most royals doing engagements, she is going to run into days where she'd rather stay home in bed or in comfortable sweats just having a "do nothing" kind of day. She has grown a lot more confident in her roles and it doesn't seem to faze her doing engagements alone. She is honestly interested, involved and is just as happy to meet and greet people as they are to meet and greet her.

Its still very much "Team Cambridge" but I don't think anyone needs to worry any longer about Kate's ability to do engagements on her own. She's a natural at it.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am honestly starting to believe that Kate is very much into what she is doing. I can imagine that like most royals doing engagements, she is going to run into days where she'd rather stay home in bed or in comfortable sweats just having a "do nothing" kind of day. She has grown a lot more confident in her roles and it doesn't seem to faze her doing engagements alone. She is honestly interested, involved and is just as happy to meet and greet people as they are to meet and greet her.

Its still very much "Team Cambridge" but I don't think anyone needs to worry any longer about Kate's ability to do engagements on her own. She's a natural at it.
The Itnsource vids of her last two engagements show how relaxed she has become. She was so relaxed when talking to the crafts group at Only Connect.
At Place2be it looked like she couldn't get the words out her mouth fast enough . You can see why most people who have met her describe her as "chatty"
Old 11-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
William's turn to deal with a screaming George.
Neither one of them has to deal with a screaming George. If they do, they are masochists.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Neither one of them has to deal with a screaming George. If they do, they are masochists.
Its all part of being a parent. We've always known that George is quite a vocal little one and they both probably have their own special ways of dealing with it when it happens. It seems mostly that when one parent is out, the other one is staying home with the baby with each parent loving it and forming their own special relationship with George. I like that. I can imagine that with George, Mom is the soft cuddle up one and Daddy is the one that's fun and plays tickle games and makes funny faces
Old 11-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Its all part of being a parent. We've always known that George is quite a vocal little one and they both probably have their own special ways of dealing with it when it happens. It seems mostly that when one parent is out, the other one is staying home with the baby with each parent loving it and forming their own special relationship with George. I like that. I can imagine that with George, Mom is the soft cuddle up one and Daddy is the one that's fun and plays tickle games and makes funny faces
I'm sorry, but in the case of William and Kate I think this idea is rubbish. They are not ordinary parents. There's no need whatsoever for them to be hands on parents all the time, and if they are insisting on doing it, which I doubt because I believe they have more help than they admit to, they are fools. Thanks primarily to the fact that his parents divorced and Diana got a huge settlement and then promptly died, William is an extremely wealthy man and they could, and should, have engaged staff to look after their apparently difficult child when duty calls them both to other activities. Had a nanny been engaged at the beginning a close relationship would have been established with that nanny which would have allowed William and Kate to escape the screaming more often.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Courtier

What happened to William old nanny? Wasn't she going to watch after Prince George?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
What happened to William old nanny? Wasn't she going to watch after Prince George?
she's part time. I assume she helps out when she can, hence the joint engagements.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
... Had a nanny been engaged at the beginning a close relationship would have been established with that nanny which would have allowed William and Kate to escape the screaming more often.
really? you are criticizing them for being too hands on and depriving a nanny of establishing a relationship with their child?

Yes they have the resources to have around the clock nannies, but they have made a conscious choice to be the primary caregivers in their child's life for as long as reasonable. George will have nannies in his life, but I applaud the effort W&K are making in these early months to be the 'first responders'.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry's comments smack more of envy than anything else

Old 11-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm sorry, but in the case of William and Kate I think this idea is rubbish. They are not ordinary parents. There's no need whatsoever for them to be hands on parents all the time, and if they are insisting on doing it, which I doubt because I believe they have more help than they admit to, they are fools. Thanks primarily to the fact that his parents divorced and Diana got a huge settlement and then promptly died, William is an extremely wealthy man and they could, and should, have engaged staff to look after their apparently difficult child when duty calls them both to other activities. Had a nanny been engaged at the beginning a close relationship would have been established with that nanny which would have allowed William and Kate to escape the screaming more often.
When William said he escaped from a screaming George, I took it to be a tongue in cheek remark. Although those times are harried and annoying for parents sometimes, its a part of being a new parent. I don't think either of them would really want to turn their child over to a nanny just to "escape" him.

Many parents, no matter the size of their bank accounts, really do prefer to be totally hands on and prime caregivers of their children. They feel that their child is the most precious thing in their lives and the child is their top priority and responsibility. IMO, Will and Kate are this type of parents. Just because George can be quite vocal and loud, it doesn't necessarily brand him a difficult child. Its how wee ones express themselves and also is quite good exercise to strengthen up the lungs.

The time will come in the future where as Will and Kate do take on full time royal duties and their calendars fill up, they will most likely have a full time, live in nanny that will be close to George as William and Harry were close to their nannies.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

William said that George was screaming when he left. That is what the early reports said.
Reporter license coupled with Harry's inane comments probably led to exaggeration. No surprise there.

Good posts OSipi - thank you

Old 11-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
really? you are criticizing them for being too hands on and depriving a nanny of establishing a relationship with their child?
No, I'm saying, or intended to say if I didn't make it clear, that they should have engaged a nanny from the start so she would have been a part of his life from the start and it would have been easy for them both to be away at the same time. Introducing someone later means that person has to establish a relationship with the child and that might not be easy.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine is someone who likes to know all there is to know about everything. William wants his children to have as "normal" a life as possible. Catherine is still getting used to having staff.

She is someone who will understand bringing up a child before she hands them over to a nanny - because she wants to decide what it is she wants. When#2 comes along there will be a nanny. This "transitional" year will enable them to decide how to balance royal vs "normal"

Old 11-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Catherine is someone who likes to know all there is to know about everything. William wants his children to have as "normal" a life as possible. Catherine is still getting used to having staff.

She is someone who will understand bringing up a child before she hands them over to a nanny - because she wants to decide what it is she wants. When#2 comes along there will be a nanny. This "transitional" year will enable them to decide how to balance royal vs "normal"

I agree. The term "transitional" is correct as he is adjusting to life outside of the RAF, they'll both be taking on more royal duties and engagements and adjusting to being parents.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, I'm saying, or intended to say if I didn't make it clear, that they should have engaged a nanny from the start so she would have been a part of his life from the start and it would have been easy for them both to be away at the same time. Introducing someone later means that person has to establish a relationship with the child and that might not be easy.
Maybe its just me but I think doing that with a nanny from the start actually would be detrimental to the child. In the first year of their lives, its the crucial stage where an infant bonds with his parents and having nanny on board getting close to George would seem like he had three parents. This way, its Mom and Dad his inner circle. They know the difference between the cries. Hunger? Attention? Dirty diapers? Teething? This is a unique bond that parents establish with their children basically from being there, being hands on and dealing with the giggly child as well as the uncomfortable child.

Yes, in time he will form a relationship with a nanny but by that stage, he will be able to differentiate between his parents and other members of his own inner circle such as grandparents, siblings, nanny and the Cookie Monster. Its all part of the growing process.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

If George is known as a 'screamer', it may be that he has colic. This horrible situation is common in perhaps 20 percent of babies. No one knows what causes it, although theories abound. It can last for 4-6 months, perhaps a little longer, so there may be light at the end of the tunnel. My baby didn't have it- TG!- but I wouldn't have left him suffering on his own if I had a choice.

There is nothing in the UK- or the world- more important for W and K to do than to raise their child as they see fit. And if they see fit to almost never leave him with a nanny or a granny, good for them. Poor Catherine looks rather tired, but for a new mother that's a badge of honor. Of course she can put him on formula- if he isn't already- and hand him off to a nanny. But she's doing the natural thing in taking care of her own baby. Sooner or later he will sleep through every night, and life will return to normal for his parents.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Wasn't Prince William a fussy baby also?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I could not disagree more. William and Catherine are trying to make sure that THEY are the main influence in the life of their child (and more than likely future children too). That is to be commanded, rather than criticized. As George gets older, he'll be bombarded with a lot of people; nannies, teachers, PPOs, etc., and it'll be very important for him to know who his parents are, and that THEY love him, care about him, and be there when something bad occurs. I've worked with a little girl last year, from what I gathered, she and her twin sister were brought up by TWO nannies from day one. The mother always complained that she needed 'adult' time, and chose to hand her daughters over to complete strangers as soon as they were born. It was heartbreaking to see them cry for their nanny when their mother came to pick them up from school. This year, I have at least two kids in my class who cry because they have to go home, and their parents have told me that they dread weekends, because the kids don't want to be with them. They want to be in school, because there they get some one-to-one attention they may not get at home, because the parents are busy, and employ a nanny, who on top of taking care of the children, has to take care of the house too. I'd hate to see the same thing happen to any other child. It's not healthy, and creates problems later on in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post

Yes they have the resources to have around the clock nannies, but they have made a conscious choice to be the primary caregivers in their child's life for as long as reasonable. George will have nannies in his life, but I applaud the effort W&K are making in these early months to be the 'first responders'.
Exactly! I think we've become a society that has adopted the philosophy that 'it takes a village to raise a child', which results in nannies, and teachers being he primary caretakers of the children. I think that if a parents are able to get by without a nanny (even if it means not going to a function), then they should. It creates a strong bond, and gives the child a sense of security. Nannies can come and go, but parents don't, so the strongest bond needs to be with the parents. Caregivers can come later, when the child is aware of who 'Mommy and Daddy' are, and that they're the ones who will be providing for the basic needs of the child. The nanny is there to help, and not to raise, and the children need to understand that (along with the parents).

Quote:
Maybe its just me but I think doing that with a nanny from the start actually would be detrimental to the child. In the first year of their lives, its the crucial stage where an infant bonds with his parents and having nanny on board getting close to George would seem like he had three parents. This way, its Mom and Dad his inner circle. They know the difference between the cries. Hunger? Attention? Dirty diapers? Teething? This is a unique bond that parents establish with their children basically from being there, being hands on and dealing with the giggly child as well as the uncomfortable child.

Yes, in time he will form a relationship with a nanny but by that stage, he will be able to differentiate between his parents and other members of his own inner circle such as grandparents, siblings, nanny and the Cookie Monster. Its all part of the growing process.
You took the words out of my brain ! I cannot say how happy I am that William and Catherine are taking the 'hands-on parents' approach. All parties involved will be happier in the long run.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread