The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Nobility

Height is not the only thing to take into consideration, but also one's general build and health. Kate is not only quite a bit taller, but also of a more slender build. Add to that the fact that every pregnancy itself is different. It's a delicate subject to address because there are so many different factors at play, and there's only so much a woman can actually control.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post

As for Hilary Mantel, I am of the camp who believes they deliberately misunderstood what she said because she criticized the media. Then they took snippets of her speech and spread it around to make people who wouldn't read the entire thing angry.
I agree - today in the short piece on the Hospice video (which they tacked on the end of the piece about William leaving the RAF), The Sunday Times wrote about the dress she was wearing and its price

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

I for one think that Catherine looks great for being so pregnant now...I think it has to do with body type and the amount of care that is taken with the body during this time. As for this thread being about the current events of the Duchess, I do not think a discussion about how she looks at this stage of her pregnancy is relevent. Im sure there is a specific thread for that. Shall we continue?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Administrator

As this is (nominally, at least) the Duchess of Cambridge current events thread, discussion of various US celebrities and their pregnancies has been removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 04-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

I really enjoyed Catherines speech. She was very comfortable and has come a very long way when it comes to feeling relaxed. She really seems to have alot of compassion for children with cancer. Great charity.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

These are the proper pictures of the ones we saw a few weeks back;
Duchess of Cambridge and mother Carole pictured buying baby nest after enjoying lunch at Mediterranean restaurant | Mail Online
Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you really think she is going to put the baby in that basket?
It looks very uncomfortable because the position will not be very straigh that is a round basket...And of course if the baby grow out quite quickly it only last for the first 3 or 4 months, it is a very small basket and the price is too high...of course it is easy to bring the basket down stairs during the day they are light and easy to move and maybe because of that she choses it!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:08 AM
Nobility

Yes.. It's perfectly normal to put the baby to sleep in a moses basket for the first few months. Mainly because it doesn't take up a lot os space and you can place it right next to your own bed. My sister had one for both baby's as did most people I know. The bottom is perfectly straight so the baby will be fine.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Do you really think she is going to put the baby in that basket?
Perhaps if you saw some baskets outfitted with bedding you would realize that the baby will be quite comfortable: MosesBaskets.com

I would imagine in a house the size of the Middleton's - that they will just place the moses basket in one spot. Perhaps near where the family eats dinner or watches television. Likely they will also have a full nursery for the baby as the house is reported to have enough bedrooms and I would expect that Kate and William will continue to visit the Middletons as the years roll on.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:44 AM
Royal Highness

Kate Middleton visits Naomi House children's hospice near Winchester, Hampshire - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Majesty

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1h
Kate will make her last public appearance for weeks today with a visit to a children's hospice

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was lent a Moses basket but never used it. Yes, if you have a big baby, it only lasts a couple of months but mostly,
There were no wheels for rocking or moving it from place to place
I was lucky to have a giant vintage bassinette to rock and wheel from room to room.
Also used a baby carriage inside.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

First pics from today

Search - Getty Images UK: cambridge naomi (being updated)
Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

catherine look great!!!!! no official acts until june???
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Royal Highness

We don't know that yet. Some engagements are announced just 1 or 2 weeks until the actual date.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Courtier

I am sure we see her again with her new patronages.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

i hope so! in may is ascot and and the windsor royal horse show
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
i hope so! in may is ascot and and the windsor royal horse show
Royal Ascot is in June. This year from 18th- 22nd
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

what is possible for May is attendance at the Garden Parties at BP and possibly (but it would be a 1st) the Chelsea Flower Show which members of the BRF attend every year.

Plus as Kathia Sophia said, shor notice engagements are generally the norm.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge spends second wedding anniversary apart from Prince William:
Duchess of Cambridge spends second wedding anniversary apart from Prince William - Telegraph

Dr. Maya Angelou
Closed Thread