The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

...criticism of Kate's small stomach is annoying a juvenile.
As for the "baby bump" it doesn't bother me but I do get the argument from those who are tired of it; as for me I'm tired of cougar. Actually I've always hated cougar.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

A big part of the reason Kate's figure hasn't changed much through her pregnancy is because she is so tall and lean normally.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Courtier

With my first child I didn't wear maternity clothes until I was into my 7th month (same with my 2nd)...I am 5'5. Some women carry more inward (for lack of a better word) than others.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

More photogalleries

"Lehtikuva" Kate hyväntekeväisyys-tilaisuudessa National Portrait Galleryssä | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

"Pure People" Kate Middleton : Enfin une vraie robe de grossesse, en l'honneur de The Art Room
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I am reminded of Hilary Mantell's article and I have to say she has been proven to be correct. Catherine is being defined by her ability to get pregnant; her pregnancy; her shape; and what she wears.

So much stuff ( actually not the first word that I thought of but don't want to get banned ), written about everything other than her causes. And if they don't make progress, some dirty little rag like the DM will creep out of the **** and blame her for it.

And the DM pilloried Hilary for what she said. So sad.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course they pilloried her- what else could they do? Have an introspective moment and try to write more objective content that doesn't appeal to those who read and think at a third grade level?

Unlikely for the Mail.

And yes, I don't believe anything's been written about Catherine since she got pregnant that doesn't mention her pregnancy. It's being treated as the only notable thing about her.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Majesty

Yes, there is more to The Duchess of Cambridge than what she wears. She seem to be a bright young woman who's has thrown herself into her royal duties and using her royal status to champion very worthy causes like Action on Addiction, The Art Room and East Anglia's Children's Hospice.

She's also a great support to William, The Queen and the royal family. I remember people used to criticize her (still do) for not being born royal or within an aristocratic family and thought she wouldn't be able to handle being William's wife and being royal, I think she has proven them all wrong. I think Catherine is doing a excellent job and shaping her role as a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

The media is something else and needs a prayer but I think it's up to royal correspondents, royal watchers and royal bloggers to focus on what's really important.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
With my first child I didn't wear maternity clothes until I was into my 7th month (same with my 2nd)...I am 5'5. Some women carry more inward (for lack of a better word) than others.
I am also long waisted which, besides height, are prime reasons for not showing early and also received many comments on how I wasn't too big. That all changed in the last 2-3 months!
Not just Catherine is characterized by her pregnancy, all obviously pregnant women receive I would wager at least some sort of comment or touch by otherwise civil people.
I have been impressed with her devotion and focus during her engagements and her obvious good humor. The BRF and William are lucky indeed!
Is this her last week of engagments?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video, also Catherine speaking
Old 04-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

Can anyone post here the dates and events Catherine is likely to attend in June? I think I miss one or two.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Can anyone post here the dates and events Catherine is likely to attend in June? I think I miss one or two.
Confirmed so far - Duchess of Cambridge to become Royal Godmother as she names a cruise ship 'Royal Princess' on June 13.

We supposedly have a friends wedding on 22nd June as well. We also have (for other royals) the coronation thanksgiving service, order of the garter, various garden parties and trooping of colour that Catherine may attend.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post

DEFINITE
June 13 - The Duchess of Cambridge, as ship's godmother, will name the Princess Cruises ship Royal Princess at a ceremony in Southampton.

MAYBE
June 4 - A service of celebration marking the 60th anniversary of the Queen's ascension to the throne will take place at Westminster Abbey. William and Kate's attendance not confirmed but expected.
June 15 - Trooping The Colour.
June 17 - Order of the Garter ceremonies

Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Catherine will attend Trooping the Colour but I would be very surprised if she rode in a carriage. She may ride in one, but I would find it very unlikely. Sophie when pregnant with James did not attend Trooping the Colour nor Order of the Garter in 2007 and did not ride in the carriages at Ascot that year. That could have been because she was in the early stages of her pregnancy and perhaps suffering from morning sickness/nausea, thus a trip in a bumpy carriage would not have done her any favours, but who knows! I am sure Catherine will attend these events if she feels well enough for them, as they are family events and in support of the Queen, but she may choose to travel by car. That's just me guessing though - I will of course be proven wrong I am sure.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the dates and the name of the events!

I guess she'll not attend any event on July, considering is the baby's due date. So June will be the last we'll see her officially until the actual birth.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

May I add that there is also Lady Natasha Ruffus Isaacs' wedding on 8th june. Natasha is reported to be friends with William and Kate and the groom is Rupert Finch, kate's ex. Natasha is the girl from Beulah. Though it's not sure I think they could attend this one too, no?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

All appearances from here on out seem to jive with a mid-July due date, which I believe Kate confirmed. You will now see her getting noticeably larger and larger as this is the time when the baby really grows. Until now it was really just developing organs, etc. Now it turns into a full size baby.

As she is about 30 weeks, I would assume all further appearances are "tentative". While she seems to be in the best of health, pregnancies, babies and bodies have wills of their own. She will probably be fit as a fiddle up to her due date, but textbook pregnancies can turn on a dime. Everything will be with doctors' approval. I doubt we will see her on a plane again until after the birth.

Sophie probably did not ride in a carriage during her pregnancy with James due to her placental separation with Louise, or perhaps she was naturally abundantly cautious given what she went through (who could blame her!) I would not be surprised if Kate is not in a carriage, either, however.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's first video message in support of CHildrens Hospice Week

Duchess of Cambridge speaks of hospice 'lifeline' in first video message - Telegraph

Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is this it for her engangements then? Good timing.
They've all been complaining about her not looking huge, but as GG says above, this is the time when you really grow.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

I've been wondering if we'll see her at Wimbledon this year. Yes, it would be close to when she's due, but considering how huge a tennis fan she is....I guess it all depends on how Kate's feeling at the time, but I have been wondering about it.

It's not often I get to combine two of my favourite things at the same time and ESPN/whomever has the Wimbledon rights now always show the Royals if there are any in attendance.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

As for Hilary Mantel, I am of the camp who believes they deliberately misunderstood what she said because she criticized the media. Then they took snippets of her speech and spread it around to make people who wouldn't read the entire thing angry.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Closed Thread