The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

That headline is a disgrace - the DM really are out to get at Catherine. There was an article on their website this morning about how small she is at this stage of her pregnancy - another implied criticism. Other journalists were ridiculing it on twitter.

Back to important stuff - really interesting speech, particularly as she has been the catalyst of bringing a range of resources together to help children affected by addiction (of family members). Really good work.

Love the idea of a gift for Lupo and the children seemed to be enjoying it all as well. Good event.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
That headline is a disgrace - the DM really are out to get at Catherine. There was an article on their website this morning about how small she is at this stage of her pregnancy - another implied criticism. Other journalists were ridiculing it on twitter.
The headline is to attract attention and get people talking, which is exactly what it has done.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The headline is to attract attention and get people talking, which is exactly what it has done.

............albeit in a negative way. The paper doesnt like her - that's the truth of it.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Majesty

I think Catherine is doing a fine job with her charities and helping them highlight their work and goals. I know some people who has suffered from addiction and it can really devastate a family.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4m
Kate was given a book called "What do Princesses do" and she read out some extracts

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4m
Kate read from the book: "Eat bananas? Yes I certainly do that. Dancing, yes that too. Eat sweets. Yes I like all those!"

Videos:
Duchess of Cambridge Visits Primary School in Manchester & Duchess of Cambridge Speech at Manchester Primary School:
http://news.itnsource.com/?cat=Royal
Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Telegraph article leading on the reason for todays events

PLEASE PIC, PUB Duchess of Cambridge promises to help children caught in the 'chaos' of addiction on visit to tough estate - Telegraph

Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
............albeit in a negative way. The paper doesnt like her - that's the truth of it.
Papers don't like anyone, they use celebrities, royalty and even joe public to make money. People click on the story because the headline is attention grabbing or for the pictures, and then they read the story. This is an online edition, so they have to do something to up their game. Simple fact is Catherine wore a £1,065 dress to a Manchester school. I don't see any problem in pointing something out that is a fact.

As for her "bump", Catherine isn't showing and she's in her 6 month, people notice and for newspaper's it's another chance to run a "compare" story. I know someone who's 3 weeks away from giving birth and they looks about 4 months gone. Catherine can carry off pregnancy well.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Majesty

I don't see the point in reporting how much her dress and wardrobe cost but to encourage people to criticize her. I don't see journalist writing about the cost of Crown Princess Mary, Victoria, Maxima or whoever when they are out and about on official engagements. Back in the 80's the palace used to release details about Diana's wardrobe to the media when she did official engagements and Prince Charles stopped the palace from doing that. I don't think the focus should be on the price of her wardrobe. Of course her look will be discussed but mentioning the price is a bit much, IMO.

I too think Catherine carries her pregnancy very well. I don't know much about pregnancies but I do know that every woman's bumps are different and I don't think it's fair to compare her bump to other women's bump.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Kate can never win. She criticized for recycling outfits. She criticized for buying herself a new outfit.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what the DM would consider appropriate wear to a "poverty stricken" council estate in Manchester.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't see the point in reporting how much her dress and wardrobe cost but to encourage people to criticize her. I don't see journalist writing about the cost of Crown Princess Mary, Victoria, Maxima or whoever when they are out and about on official engagements. Back in the 80's the palace used to release details about Diana's wardrobe to the media when she did official engagements and Prince Charles stopped the palace from doing that. I don't think the focus should be on the price of her wardrobe. Of course her look will be discussed but mentioning the price is a bit much, IMO.

I too think Catherine carries her pregnancy very well. I don't know much about pregnancies but I do know that every woman's bumps are different and I don't think it's fair to compare her bump to other women's bump.
I see no problem discussing price, since any of us could go online and buy one for ourselves. It's moot.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

That virtual sea of St. George's flags was wonderful. It made my day.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Because she buys off the peg, the price is there for all to see. Spending £1000 on a silk dress by a known designer is ok in my book BUT its leading with the price followed by "poverty-stricken" that shows this paper is being deliberately negative at an event where she has been the catalyst for getting agencies together to help.

The issue regarding CPs round Europe is that the majority of what they wear are not off the peg. So price is unknown.

Back to the event - think it was a great event. And I really like Henry.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

So I've been stuck in the hospital the past month so that's why I've been MIA but I've been loving seeing Kate at her recent engagements. Her tummy has def grown can't wait for tomorrow
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Dman for the video of her speech.

I liked the dress as I believe she looks her best in these deeper colors. It looks comfortable for woman at the beginning of her third trimester. As for the DM or any other publications' musings on her "bump" the only true opinion that counts is that of her ob/gyn. If she's gaining weight at a healthy rate and her abdominal measurements are within the expected range then her doctor will likely be pleased.

Kate appears to have good interaction when meeting with people. However IMO she needs to have her hair out of the way when she gives speeches. The hair flipping is distracting.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Thank you Dman for the video of her speech.

I liked the dress as I believe she looks her best in these deeper colors. It looks comfortable for woman at the beginning of her third trimester. As for the DM or any other publications' musings on her "bump" the only true opinion that counts is that of her ob/gyn. If she's gaining weight at a healthy rate and her abdominal measurements are within the expected range then her doctor will likely be pleased.

Kate appears to have good interaction when meeting with people. However IMO she needs to have her hair out of the way when she gives speeches. The hair flipping is distracting.
I agree. She keeps shaking her head at the end of each sentence (or less) to pull it back. That's not good.

But in overall it was her best speech so far
Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here are pics without watermarks

Kate Middleton Visits a Primary School - Pictures - Zimbio
Kate Middleton Visits a Primary School 2 - Pictures - Zimbio
Kate Middleton Visits a Primary School 3 - Pictures - Zimbio
Kate Middleton Visits a Primary School 4 - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
Quite a good speech by Kate in Manchester. It gave a real insight into her thinking about addiction being the root of all evil in the UK.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Hello" Kate Middleton visits primary school in Manchester - hellomagazine.com

"Pure People" Kate Middleton, enceinte : Son baby bump, grâce à Erdem, fleurit à vue d'oeil
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So I've been stuck in the hospital the past month so that's why I've been MIA but I've been loving seeing Kate at her recent engagements. Her tummy has def grown can't wait for tomorrow
Tomorow's event is in the evening, so we will not get pictures that soon.
But I'm excited as well, its a Art Room at the National Portrait Gallery, I'm expecting some elegant outfit and hopefully an up-do, to look glamorous

I think she'll give a speech for tomorow as well, since she's a patron.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Oh my, Ghost Night. I hope you are feeling better. Well of course you are otherwise you would still be in the hospital. I hope you continue to heal.