The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

Isn't April 23rd St George's Day, National Day in England and the Announcement of Knights of the Garter?

Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammie View Post
Surely what miche was referring to is Diana was not the first Royal to ever christen a ship. Who did the press constantly compare Diana with in the early days?
Most likely they compared her to The Queen or Princess Grace.

Good to hear about Catherine's new engagement.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Am glad to hear these engagements. It's been so nice to see Kate out and about lately.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Courtier

I think she'll attend the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation Service at Westmisnter Abbey on the 4th June, Trooping the Colour on 15th June and Order of the Garter on the 17th June.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

and the friends wedding on 22nd

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know about the Percy TVS wedding since it closer to July and up in Northumberland. I can't imagine going past Berkshire as it gets closer to the due date. The royals events in early June will probably be it for her.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Courtier

It will all depend on how she is feeling. My sister was an RN and went to work the night shift and had the baby during her shift. It just depends.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

17th June to the 22nd June is not a great gap. I think she'll really try to be there

Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

more info on the Manchester trip

Place2Be announces new collaboration and Royal visit

Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

There is also Lady Natasha Ruffus Isaacs' wedding in 8th june. She'll probably attend this one, no?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I am really heartened by what I have been seeing The Royal Foundation doing recently and I think we're looking more and more into the shape of things to come as patronages and charities start to collaborate their programs and work together for the betterment of all.

"This visit will mark the official launch of the M-Pact Plus partnership between Place2Be, The Royal Foundation, Comic Relief and Action on Addiction to reduce the impact of addiction on children and their families. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge will meet Place2Be staff and volunteers, and parents, children and staff from school. Comedian John Bishop will represent Comic Relief at the event."
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1m
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the National Portrait Gallery April 24th for a reception celebrating the work of @TheArtRoomUK.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 46s
April 24 new engagement for the Duchess of Cambridge:a visit to celebrate the work of The Art Room charity at the National Portrait Gallery
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Majesty

Catherine is on a roll with these official engagements. She's really getting stuff done before the baby arrives.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Catherine is on a roll with these official engagements. She's really getting stuff done before the baby arrives.
I think so too and she seems so very comfortable doing engagements on her own also. If the rumors are to be believed and William is leaving SAR, these two will be very much in the public eye doing engagements after Kate takes a bit of a hiatus after the birth of their child.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

I love that she's getting her schedule full and we will see her for the time being, because when she takes maternity leave in July, we won't see her until, probably, the baby's christening (which is likely to be in November).
Old 04-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Upcoming we have;

Duchess of Cambridge will attend the National Scout Service at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on the 21st April

New engagement for the Duchess of Cambridge just announced: visit to The Willows Primary School in Wythenshawe Manchester on Tues April 23rd

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the National Portrait Gallery April 24th for a reception celebrating the work of @TheArtRoomUK.

Duchess of Cambridge to become Royal Godmother as she names a cruise ship 'Royal Princess' on June 13.

Is the friends wedding 22nd of June or April?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Upcoming we have;

Duchess of Cambridge will attend the National Scout Service at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on the 21st April

New engagement for the Duchess of Cambridge just announced: visit to The Willows Primary School in Wythenshawe Manchester on Tues April 23rd

Duchess of Cambridge to become Royal Godmother as she names a cruise ship 'Royal Princess' on June 13.

Is the friends wedding 22nd of June or April?
June I believe.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Kate Middleton 'Shameless set' school targeted by arsonists hours after visit announced causing £40,000 damage:
Kate Middleton 'Shameless set' school targeted by arsonists hours after visit announced causing £40,000 damage - Mirror Online

I think that's so horrible someone would that to the kids school playground.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

they have arrested 3 x 13 year olds!

Old 04-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Courtier

I thought that type of thing only happened here in the States. There a lot of sick kids out there.