The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the pictures but I think she's probably taken George for a walk in the park before--at least I hope she's been able to get out without being photographed. These types of photographs really tell us nothing and can only make William and Catherine more apprehensive about leaving their home.

Am I the only one happy to see her doing something that I would count as normal and healthy behavior? New Mom in same old outfit walking with the baby and dog.

It overshadows any "gudawful" scenarios for me. I'll worry about it if something bad happens.

Am I the only one happy to see her doing something that I would count as normal and healthy behavior? New Mom in same old outfit walking with the baby and dog.

It overshadows any "gudawful" scenarios for me. I'll worry about it if something bad happens.

I'm happy she is walking in the park with George. I am not happy that she is being followed by photographers. I think most people would be frustrated if they had to worry about photographers everytime they walk out the door. I have no problem with snapping photographs at official functions, but everyone has the right to some privacy. Catherine has been very discrete and has not sought out the media in her private life. Therefore, she has the right to have a private life.

No you are not the only one

It's refreshing to see just walking along with her child and the family dog, plus her just walking through the park like any other mother will attract less attention than if she had a bevvy of RPO's following her.

Let's not forget that that area is heavily monitored anyhow so she's not exactly wandering through an area that is full of unknown dangers.

The royals privacy should be respected but the other side of it (I think) is the pictures of Catherine pushing Prince George in the park can be considered historic too. The Queen, Charles, Diana, William and Harry have been pictured and even videoed being pushed in their prams as babies in the park. The same may end up happening with George's children.

Just thought I'll throw that out there.

I'm finding it amusing that on the Harry relationship thread just now the conversation is running heavily to "why doesn't she just smile and walk when in public with paps" and here we are running to "those paps are really irritating." ;)

There is a bit of truth in most things, you know.

if someone was found taking pictures of a woman and child in a park they would be arrested for stalking, even though it is a public place.

I imagine that walks such as these have to be cleared with their security,but they are never going to be able to guarantee complete safety and I'm sure Kate is well aware of the potential risks involved. But I agree there is a vulnerability about these pics and the likelyhood they were taken with a long lens isn't good either.

i wouldn't underestimate the capability their bodyguards must have at dealing with anything unexpected. i'd assume they must have gotten really high (if not the highest) level of training and were carefully selected. i wouldn't be surprised if they came from an MI5 or MI6 background - if there isn't such thing as a high level security service we are not even aware of that takes care of heads of state and the like.

if someone was found taking pictures of a woman and child in a park they would be arrested for stalking, even though it is a public place.

they would, but this is no "mrs smith" we are talking about, but the duchess of cambridge, future queen consort, walking with the future king, who we have seen on 3 ocassions only. it's only natural for the paps to want some material - they are just doing their jobs. and kate or anything revolving around her is highly sellable material. this (royalty) is business. full stop. most of the people from the UK i speak to about royalty tell me that they value it on the basis of their ability to bring money into the country - mostly through tourism. it's likely these are british photographers, working with british agencies. these pics will sell for thousands to several magazines - that is all revenue for the UK. consumption of magazines which will have these pics of kate in the front page by people ALL over the world is a part of the reason royalty still exists in the UK - and i am very sure the queen and william understand this and its repercusion and implications have been communicated clearly to kate before the engagement announcement. so i find it funny to complain about the harrasment they go through when they are doing "normal" things - at least they can do normal things in the first place, which wasn't really the case several decades ago! normal citizens won't get the chance to ever get the opportunities royalty gets, so they are lucky that they can do both at least some times when they go unnoticed by the press. my point is that "normality" is not granted when you are a royal, in the same way that "royal activities" are certainly not granted when you are mrs smith.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but wanting/not minding press when it is convenient or good for you but getting annoyed and talking about privacy when you don't want it is silly, especially for high profile people. Besides, aren't their grounds she can stroll with George completely private?

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but wanting/not minding press when it is convenient or good for you but getting annoyed and talking about privacy when you don't want it is silly, especially for high profile people. Besides, aren't their grounds she can stroll with George completely private?

No, there is a small garden - not big enough for a stroll.

They will end up moving out of London for most of the week, IMO esp if William wants to study land management.

We do not own these people 24/7. They are entitled to some privacy and I find the use of long lens, skulking paps really creepy.

Everyone, no matter who they are, deserves some privacy.

I think it's great that Catherine is allowed the freedom to walk in the Park, go shopping and run errands when she can. William has said that they are all pretty much independent.

Taking the baby for a stroll in the gardens of Kensington Palace is totally fine but she should be allowed to venture outside the palace walls and take the baby for a walk too.

I think it's great that Catherine is allowed the freedom to walk in the Park, go shopping and run errands when she can. William has said that they are all pretty much independent.

Taking the baby for a stroll in the gardens of Kensington Palace is totally fine but she should be allowed to venture outside the palace walls and take the baby for a walk too.

Kensington Gardens is not private - that is the name given to the public park.

They have a small enclosed garden but I think it may be overlooked by other properties within the private part of KP but I'm not sure.

Kensington Gardens is not private - that is the name given to the public park.

They have a small enclosed garden but I think it may be overlooked by other properties within the private part of KP but I'm not sure.

Yes, I know that. I was talking about the small gardens in Kensington Palace. I think she should be allowed to venture out the palace walls and and continue to take her walks in Kensington Gardens. I think she take these walks there all the time but not photographed there often.

:previous: oops sorry misunderstood. I agree

I've seen 3 more pics of Catherine walking with George but I cannot post them... However she seemed quite annoyed for being photographed! I admire her, how could she stay so calm?

She has to stay reasonably calm and grit her teeth, what can she do? Telling them to go away is not an option, they'd just ignore her and she would get the bad press.

I had not heard about the biking last year - had anyone else? (see the People link) Is it tab hogwash?

You would think if it was true someone would have taken a picture. It seemed very strange if they left William and Kate at home and went on a pub crawl by bike in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom