The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Richard Palmer said on twitter they (the press) were not sure the Queen was even at Windsor Castle during the Scouts event

Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen was at Windsor for her birthday, whilst the scouting event took place.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, Lumutqueen, are you sure the Queen was at the Castle in that precise moment? Because, I'm sure Richard Palmer said no one really knew where she was
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer said that he didnt think she was there and that they were flying the Royal Standard because it was her birthday. That last point is wrong. The RS is flown only when the HM Q is in residence.

But that doesn't mean that at that moment she was in the building - as I said she could have visiting her grandchildren at Bagshot and came back later in theday.

She certainly was not at Buckingham Palace - never is when the London Marathon is on.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the clarification, cepe.

This week's Hello cover
http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/73...2411503d75.jpg

I love the moses basket
Old 04-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone knows if tomorow's engagement is in the morning? I know they don't give actual time, but I hope its a morning event since its a school visit, because that way we will get pictures earlier!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Courtier

The engagement has startet. Kateīs wearing a blue red patterned dress...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Nobility

Not liking this pic, think it's just the angle though:
https://twitter.com/allthingsregal/s...482177/photo/1

Hopefully better pics soon.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Is this a real pic? Canīt be her hand?!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Is this a real pic? Canīt be her hand?!
Like I said, bad pic...bend your hand backwards at the wrist and look at the skin on your back of your hands.

Much better pics are now emerging - Link here: Duchess Kate - she looks casually smart and fresh and perfect for a visit to a primary school.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Two live blogs for todays events

Firstly - the national newspaper take on it from the Daily Mirror

Live: Kate Middleton visits school on deprived estate where TV's Shameless is filmed - Mirror Online

and secondly the local newspaper approach from the Manchester Evening News

Live blog: Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, visits Willows primary school in Wythenshawe - Manchester Evening News

Worth revisiting as will be updated.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

New pictures about the visit.
Duchess of Cambridge wears Ģ1,065 dress for visit to school on Manchester's poverty-stricken 'Shameless' estate | Mail Online
Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Classy headline Daily Mail.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

That headline is a disgrace - the DM really are out to get at Catherine. There was an article on their website this morning about how small she is at this stage of her pregnancy - another implied criticism. Other journalists were ridiculing it on twitter.

Back to important stuff - really interesting speech, particularly as she has been the catalyst of bringing a range of resources together to help children affected by addiction (of family members). Really good work.

Love the idea of a gift for Lupo and the children seemed to be enjoying it all as well. Good event.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
That headline is a disgrace - the DM really are out to get at Catherine. There was an article on their website this morning about how small she is at this stage of her pregnancy - another implied criticism. Other journalists were ridiculing it on twitter.
The headline is to attract attention and get people talking, which is exactly what it has done.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The headline is to attract attention and get people talking, which is exactly what it has done.

............albeit in a negative way. The paper doesnt like her - that's the truth of it.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Majesty

I think Catherine is doing a fine job with her charities and helping them highlight their work and goals. I know some people who has suffered from addiction and it can really devastate a family.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4m
Kate was given a book called "What do Princesses do" and she read out some extracts

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4m
Kate read from the book: "Eat bananas? Yes I certainly do that. Dancing, yes that too. Eat sweets. Yes I like all those!"

Videos:
Duchess of Cambridge Visits Primary School in Manchester & Duchess of Cambridge Speech at Manchester Primary School:
http://news.itnsource.com/?cat=Royal
Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Telegraph article leading on the reason for todays events

PLEASE PIC, PUB Duchess of Cambridge promises to help children caught in the 'chaos' of addiction on visit to tough estate - Telegraph

Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
............albeit in a negative way. The paper doesnt like her - that's the truth of it.
Papers don't like anyone, they use celebrities, royalty and even joe public to make money. People click on the story because the headline is attention grabbing or for the pictures, and then they read the story. This is an online edition, so they have to do something to up their game. Simple fact is Catherine wore a Ģ1,065 dress to a Manchester school. I don't see any problem in pointing something out that is a fact.

As for her "bump", Catherine isn't showing and she's in her 6 month, people notice and for newspaper's it's another chance to run a "compare" story. I know someone who's 3 weeks away from giving birth and they looks about 4 months gone. Catherine can carry off pregnancy well.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Majesty

I don't see the point in reporting how much her dress and wardrobe cost but to encourage people to criticize her. I don't see journalist writing about the cost of Crown Princess Mary, Victoria, Maxima or whoever when they are out and about on official engagements. Back in the 80's the palace used to release details about Diana's wardrobe to the media when she did official engagements and Prince Charles stopped the palace from doing that. I don't think the focus should be on the price of her wardrobe. Of course her look will be discussed but mentioning the price is a bit much, IMO.

I too think Catherine carries her pregnancy very well. I don't know much about pregnancies but I do know that every woman's bumps are different and I don't think it's fair to compare her bump to other women's bump.