The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Thanks Dazzling you have a good camera there.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Kate has no grey hairs then I officially demand a refund on my hair as I'm 3 years younger than her and have several! Mine is slightly darker than Kate's and is 'virgin' i.e. it's never been dyed. I'm going to have to start, though, as the greys are becoming more noticeable.

I agree, though, that those pictures put to bed any suggestion that Kate gets her hair done 3 times per week.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I've had a "mallen streak" since I was c. 21 - serious pain!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I agree, though, that those pictures put to bed any suggestion that Kate gets her hair done 3 times per week.
The pics prove Kate has not dyed her hair in a while, and that's it. It could be simply because of the pregnancy (for the reasons discussed above).
The pics don't prove she usually (ie, when not pregnant) doesn't dye her hair 3 times per week (that would be unsual, right?) and specially they don't prove Kate doesn't go to the hairdresser 3 times a week (pregnant or not).

Note that I'm NOT saying she goes 3 times a week as has been suggested. I'm just saying these pics don't prove she doesn't
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Back on topic - the Getty picture total is now 179

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Makes An Official Visit To Grimsby#

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits Grimsby#

No other RF gets this sort of coverage - it proves that images of DoC definitely sell, and there are some lovely ones in here.

This one is weird because she is sitting beside a dummy but the look on his face ......

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Sits Next To A Display Dummy

Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Pictures from today while leaving Kensington Palace

Please do not repost without my permission

The well-wishers were kept waiting for 70 minutes longer than expected because the Duchess had opted to fly to Grimsby by helicopter rather than taking the train, and thick fog prevented her leaving London on time.
St James’s Palace defended the decision to use the Royal Flight’s helicopter, at a cost of up to £4,000, rather than buying train tickets for £216 return, which would have enabled the Duchess to arrive in good time for her first engagement of the day.
A palace spokesman said: “A number of factors are always taken into account when considering royal travel arrangements, including what the member of the Royal family is doing before and after the engagements, and it was decided that the best way to travel was by the Royal Flight helicopter.”

Duchess's slip of the tongue may have given away baby's sex - Telegraph
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The well-wishers were kept waiting for 70 minutes longer than expected because the Duchess had opted to fly to Grimsby by helicopter rather than taking the train, and thick fog prevented her leaving London on time.
St James’s Palace defended the decision to use the Royal Flight’s helicopter, at a cost of up to £4,000, rather than buying train tickets for £216 return, which would have enabled the Duchess to arrive in good time for her first engagement of the day.
A palace spokesman said: “A number of factors are always taken into account when considering royal travel arrangements, including what the member of the Royal family is doing before and after the engagements, and it was decided that the best way to travel was by the Royal Flight helicopter.”

Duchess's slip of the tongue may have given away baby's sex - Telegraph
Dont see the point of the post content except for the link to the Telegraph.

Would like to add that the round trip to Grimsby from London is c.7 hours return on the train. About 6.5 by car and both are subject to delays.
Some balance is required.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Courtier

I was only putting the information out there for others to read as its the first time I've read in all the articles about this visit that she was a) delayed and b) took a helicopter. Unlike others I don;t write negative comments or harsh criticism on here, I think the forums should be a place to share information and that is what I did. Sorry if it offended you.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

No problem - sorry didnt understand.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The is a complete blog of the day by the Mirror newspaper - it looks very good and explains the charities, the people she met, comments etc. Really worth looking at.

Kate Middleton Grimsby: Live updates as Duchess of Cambridge visit jobless teenagers - Mirror Online

Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Thanks! Great pics. Where were you exactly ? I wonder if those grounds where the helicopter stopped were private palace gardens or the public Kensington gardens as another tweeter user also had seen her as he was walking so it must be in a pretty open space?

I'm always speechless at the amount of logistics of royal visits: the car taking her to the helicopter, the helicopter, the car waiting at the airport in grimsby... Seems like a lot to coordinate. I wonder what the cost of all that is...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Thanks! Great pics. Where were you exactly ? I wonder if those grounds where the helicopter stopped were private palace gardens or the public Kensington gardens as another tweeter user also had seen her as he was walking so it must be in a pretty open space?

I'm always speechless at the amount of logistics of royal visits: the car taking her to the helicopter, the helicopter, the car waiting at the airport in grimsby... Seems like a lot to coordinate. I wonder what the cost of all that is...

The cost is covered within the annual budget - it isn't hidden. The only additional cost above the annual budget is security - the amount/level/degree is determined by government not the BRF.

Example - PRincess Royal receives c. £145,000 per annum. This is used to cover the costs of her office (staff, postage, hosting events etc); and travel (cars, drivers, fuel, road tax, trains, planes (overseas) use of Royal helicopter, hotels etc). And other things that I've forgotten but hopefully someone else will supply the information

Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Nobility

She looks good, few extra inches do,her justice.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen sanctions every use of the helicopter, without exception. In the Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work documentary a few years ago, the Queen is going through her paperwork with her private secretary and there's a request from the Duke of Gloucester for use of the helicopter. The Queen goes through his itinerary for the day in question, considers it and then says, "of course he can have the helicopter".

For Kate to get to Grimsby for mid-morning by train, it would mean leaving London in the middle of rush-hour when trains are full to bursting. Had the Queen arrived in Grimsby by helicopter, no-one would bat an eyelash.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Majesty

The Queen gives the permission to the palace officials for members of her family use the helicopter for official engagements. Sometimes it's the best transport option.

It's good to see Catherine on her official duties. The officials and crowds were very happy to meet and chat with her. I see the elderly seem to be very interested in her future role as Queen. I think she's doing a good job on preparing for her future role and doing these engagements on her own.

I thought the pictures and video's were great.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Love, love, love, all the photos of Kate with little ones!
And an unplanned stop at the hospice- that gets a big A+ in my book- though I am not surprised in the least- Catherine has a very compassionate heart. I can only imagine the good her magic touch did for the people she met......
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Thank you for sharing your pictures. You're lucky to have gotten a glimpse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love, love, love, all the photos of Kate with little ones!
And an unplanned stop at the hospice- that gets a big A+ in my book- though I am not surprised in the least- Catherine has a very compassionate heart. I can only imagine the good her magic touch did for the people she met......
Agree, as always. Pictures of Catherine with children simply warm my heart. She's so genuine, and caring, and I'm getting the impression that it's not at all feigned. Love that she stopped at the hospice. No doubt her visit gave plenty of people something to smile about.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you everyone for posting the helicopter pictures and all the travel information and details. It is all so interesting.
Her hair certainly struck me as grey at the roots, I'll have to ask the expert, my hairdresser, what she makes of it.
In any case, she looks very well, and handles all of the people who were so obviously dying to meet her, well, and makes them feel at ease.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Majesty

'I can feel the baby kicking': Kate Middleton talks pregnancy on official visit to Grimsby:
Kate Middleton Grimsby: Duchess tells crowds she can feel baby kick - Mirror Online

Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Duchess Kate Blog@HRHDuchesskate
Kate was spotted in Peter Jones today looking at pieces from maternity brand Seraphine including their 'Brooke' dress in purple.