The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why she is such a fan of blush. Not criticizing JW.

Does anyone know when Catherine's next public engagement will be?

Does anyone know when Catherine's next public engagement will be?
Probably June 4th (which is Westminster Abbey service), but if she doesn't attend, then the one which is confirmed next is June 13th where she will name the Princess Cruises ship Royal Princess.

I'm guessing more engagements will be announced soon. The royals will be pretty busy next month.

There is a garden party this Wednesday and another one next week. William has events in London this week with the wildlife conference and Uefa mtg. Perhaps we will see them Wednesday afternoon at the garden party. Kate went to one last year on her own but William hasn't been to one yet.

There is a garden party this Wednesday and another one next week. William has events in London this week with the wildlife conference and Uefa mtg. Perhaps we will see them Wednesday afternoon at the garden party. Kate went to one last year on her own but William hasn't been to one yet.

I imagine Catherine will attend a Garden party this year in support of the Queen, particularly if there is one near the coronation celebrations.

There is one on Wednesday and then may 30 and the last one is early June after the coronation service but before trooping the color.

I imagine Catherine will attend a Garden party this year in support of the Queen, particularly if there is one near the coronation celebrations.
Lets hope she does, I remenber she attended one last year at the end of May (if I recall correctly, she wore pink I think).

I don't have much knowledge about Garden Parties, is it the whole day? Brunch? Afternoon? Exactly what time of the day is it for tomorow?

Lets hope she does, I remenber she attended one last year at the end of May (if I recall correctly, she wore pink I think).

I don't have much knowledge about Garden Parties, is it the whole day? Brunch? Afternoon? Exactly what time of the day is it for tomorow?

These are tea parties held in the afternoon.

Their teas, cakes and other pastries make me want to beg for an invite to one of these Garden Parties.

The invitation is from 1600-1800 but the gates open at 1500. Security is tight and those attending must bring 2 forms of ID which must inc a photo. About 2500 attend so it obviously takes time to get through security.

The timetable is

1500. Gate opens
1530. Tea is served until 1700
1540. Yeoman of the Guard appear
1600. National anthem announces the arrival of HMQ and members of BRF.
1615 Tea is served in the Diplomatic tent
1645. tea is served in the Royal tent
1710 BRF take tea
1750 BRF depart
1800 National Anthem.

Guests can take tea when they wish, wander round the garden and, if lucky, get introduced to a member of the BRf

I just read that Kate's currently learning to cook Italian.

Lucky William! Meatballs and gravy for his Sunday dinners. ;)

Gracie Giraffe, LOL - MEATBALLS AND GRAVY! For the rest of the world, outside the environs of NYC and Boston - this means spaghetti sauce and meatballs.

And here is a nice bit from Mikey Tindall about mum and dad Cambridge. It is a little peek into the window of the firm and family:
Kate Middleton and Prince William will be great parents, says Mike Tindall - Mirror Online

Of course, now, when I meet him he will smack my nose for calling him Mikey! LOL. :lol:

Growing up with my two Italian grandmas and my mom, it was always meatballs and gravy in our household. Only marinara sauce when it was meatless.

I wonder if Kate will learn to make braciole as well. Yum!

Last edited:
Growing up with my two Italian grandmas and my mom, it was always meatballs and gravy in our household. Only marinara sauce when it was meatless.

I wonder if Kate will learn to make braciole as well. Yum!

If she learns how to make a canole from scratch, I'll take back every mean thing I've ever said about her.

Hey, do you think she and the cook pronounce it all correctly, i.e., like Brooklyn Italians? Do you think Will asks for galamar and manigott as special treats? Does he complain when she uses to much earl to fry the veal cutlets?

I don't know if they'd be able to get the "brajol" pronunciation down pat, though I'd like to see them serve up a plate of "scunjeel" as well. Bring on the napkins for cleaning up after all that food!

Last edited:
Kate is learning to cook from Antonella, whom they hired a few weeks ago. Antonella, as I remember it, is Italian, so she'll probably teach Kate to cook any number of delicious Italian dishes.

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 2h
Hello also says the Order of the Garter (17th June) will likely be Kate's last public appearance before baby, if she feels up to it.

Does anyone know if the Duchess will also be attending Trooping the Colour this year?

Does anyone know if the Duchess will also be attending Trooping the Colour this year?

If she's up to it, She probably will attend. The ceremony takes place on the 15th of June.

She's never been on an engagement with William? Really?

:previous:

If this is the sentence you are referring to:
The ceremony will mark a break in Kate’s working life and echoes her first official engagement with husband Prince William, 30.

I believe the article is referencing that the first event she did with William was christening a life boat in Wales during their engagement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom