The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Didn't realize she had taken on a children's palliative care charity. Though her appearance will be item #1 covered, these difficult subjects will be given some daylight because of her.
Yup- she's done good work with it too. I was particularly impressed by her setting up a partnership between EACH and Hospice Malaysia, which she visited on her tour last year.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Not only that, but also staying in touch w/those children who have really touched her heart. When little Diamond, the little sweetie fighting cancer who rushed into her arms at Calgary Intl Airport during the Cdn Tour, had been blessed w/a Christmas Miracle of finding out that Cancer was in Remission, TRH sent out a statement saying how happy they were w/the news.

Apparently, they've stayed in contact w/Diamond and her Family too. That's only one story of many over the last two years too. Very impressive of her IMO.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Majesty

Catherine is making a difference in people's lives, and that's very, very admirable. I'm happy to hear that she chaired a meeting that concerned a charity she wanted to work with. I can't to see what she does next in terms of new patronages, and as always, her way with people (especially children) is extremely touching and sincere.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really happy to see catherine so healthy. that is the important thing, she really look fine.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking that her visit to Grimsby on the 5th March would be the first on her own to events not connected with her own patronages - something the other royals do all the time - am I right?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Yup I suppose so. It's her first typical Royal visit.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

JessicaC'London ‏@JessicaCLondon
Strolling next to Kate Middleton in the park today.. Super beautiful

MDMFLOW ‏@MDMflow
So Kate Middleton was in topshop today, knew it was her, browsing alongside me! What a champ!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

that's from yesterday. I posted it and it was moved to the other thread, the cambridge set and friends.

Seems that she was walking in the park both yesterday and today
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's fair enough, but do we then have to hear about how non-interesting Kate's going about her day-to-day to life is, over and over again, by way of a sarcastic joke that was mildly amusing the first couple of times but is now well past its sell-by date? Posters go out of their way to find news about Kate and then share it with the rest of us. They don't deserve the sarcasm that's been evident of late.

We get it, some people find the interest in the smallest detail of Kate's life ridiculous and laughable. The point was well made the first few dozen times.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Didn't realize she had taken on a children's palliative care charity. Though her appearance will be item #1 covered, these difficult subjects will be given some daylight because of her.
I'm glad, but I hope she will also promote the arts!
The RF has always been patrons of the museums, the ballet, the opera...I think Kate should take on more of such patronages.

I know she has the National Gallery, but I think that's the only one.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm glad, but I hope she will also promote the arts!
The RF has always been patrons of the museums, the ballet, the opera...I think Kate should take on more of such patronages.

I know she has the National Gallery, but I think that's the only one.
I for one hope that she'll support causes that are not really touched by royals. Yes, the arts are important, but so are children's hospices, addiction, and many other issues. She can have a few patronages that deal with arts or course, but it would be nice to see her supporting something different.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
That's fair enough, but do we then have to hear about how non-interesting Kate's going about her day-to-day to life is, over and over again, by way of a sarcastic joke that was mildly amusing the first couple of times but is now well past its sell-by date? Posters go out of their way to find news about Kate and then share it with the rest of us. They don't deserve the sarcasm that's been evident of late.

We get it, some people find the interest in the smallest detail of Kate's life ridiculous and laughable. The point was well made the first few dozen times.
Once again, there are people that take joy in trying to make people feel small for no other reason that it gives them an inflated sense of their own superiority. It is just a shame that people who come to read, post and share do not come up to the inordinately high standards of these people and end up being belittled.

This is a thread about Catherine's current affairs. OK, not everything is of great moment and some things are just a slice of life . . . gee, Catherine walks her dog just like ordinary normal people do . . . hmm. Not earthshattering but it gives a small insight the sort person she is. To be honest, there are more than a few dog owners who could do with following her example. (Ok, so my chihuahua doesn't need so much but he could do with more than he gets). There are often photo's of Mary, sundry children and Ziggy cavorting in the fresh air. It's a normal part of life.

But these sorts of "directed" put-downs are just sucking the fun out of the thread and mature posters will end up giving it the flick.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Please note that off topic and empty posts have been deleted.

Also, members should refrain from sarcastic comments belittling posts (and by implication the members who posted them) about what they consider inconsequential events.

Surely its possible to treat each other with respect, even if we disagree on the content of a specific post?

Thank you!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge visit: Get YOUR messages to Kate Middleton - with a little help from your Grimsby Telegraph!:
Duchess of Cambridge visit: Get YOUR messages to Kate Middleton - with a little help from your Grimsby Telegraph! | This is Grimsby

For the first time, we will stream live the duchess's arrival at the Fishing Heritage Centre; visit Grimsby news, views & business listings from Grimsby's Community | This is Grimsby
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess of Cambridge visit: Get YOUR messages to Kate Middleton - with a little help from your Grimsby Telegraph!:
Duchess of Cambridge visit: Get YOUR messages to Kate Middleton - with a little help from your Grimsby Telegraph! | This is Grimsby

For the first time, we will stream live the duchess's arrival at the Fishing Heritage Centre; visit Grimsby news, views & business listings from Grimsby's Community | This is Grimsby
Oh wow! This is excellent. The coverage of this appearance should be really top notch.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Very smart too. They know people around the World will be seeing their town for the first, and unless you live in the UK, likely only time due to all the Media following Kate right now. So why not do a live stream? It's their town and they know it the best, so who better to tell the World about the Visit.

As I said, very, very smart on their part.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Majesty

I've always said that the official Monarchy website should stream Live royal visit's too. I like seeing the Live coverage of the royals on their official engagements. I'm guessing Reuters will also have a Live Stream going too.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
that's from yesterday. I posted it and it was moved to the other thread, the cambridge set and friends.

Seems that she was walking in the park both yesterday and today
Juliette, thank you for keeping us posted.

Here is a photo of one of her walks...http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...s-fashionable/
Old 03-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Juliette, thank you for keeping us posted.

Here is a photo of one of her walks...Kate Middleton Walks Dog, Still Looks Fashionable - The Hollywood Gossip
Good to see the Duchess enjoying her walks.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Courtier

This picture has been posted for a third time already!