The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Majesty

Oh, I didn't know they were deployed. I think Catherine should continue presenting shamrocks to the regiment on St. Patrick's Day.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

i didnt stated before, but she got a beautiful "bump", not that are ugly bumps out there, but some are more beautifully rounded than others.
2 weeks from yesterday, on March 5th, shell be much bigger than now, oh my, never been this excited to see a baby bump growing progress (though i was with Victoria, Mary, etc... but with Catherine is diferent somehow).

when is St. Patrick's Day? if she would go, it would've been announced already i think.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post

when is St. Patrick's Day? if she would go, it would've been announced already i think.
17th March. Her engagement for March 5th which as you say is less than two weeks away, was only announced a few days ago.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
William should do it, Catherine only filled in as William was in the Falklands. Also The Irish Guards are due to be deployed this year.

Historically most years, royal women pass out the shamrocks on St.Patrick's Day. Queen Alexandria started in it in 1901. The Queen Mum did it for 50 years, Princess Anne did after the Queen Mum's death. So this year, I would expect Kate to do it along with William if he isn't in Wales on RAF duty.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Historically most years, royal women pass out the shamrocks on St.Patrick's Day. Queen Alexandria started in it in 1901. The Queen Mum did it for 50 years, Princess Anne did after the Queen Mum's death. So this year, I would expect Kate to do it along with William if he isn't in Wales on RAF duty.
That's why I had mentioned the possobility of Catherine doing it again. I think the palace had said that her first presentation was the start of a relationship between her and the regiment. She will also be Royal Colonel of her own regiments. I think announcements should be made in the near future.

It's pretty nice to see this tradition pass down from Queen Alexandra, The Queen Mother, Princess Anne and now The Duchess of Cambridge. Although His Majesty George VI did present the shamrocks to the Irish Guards on the regiments 50th anniversary in 1950. When The Queen Mother wasn't able to go to Belize for the presentation in 1989, The Grand Duke of Luxembourg made the presentation on her behalf (according to Wikipedia).
Old 02-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

That's why I had mentioned the possobility of Catherine doing it again. I think the palace had said that her first presentation was the start of a relationship between her and the regiment. She will also be Royal Colonel of her own regiments. I think announcements should be made in the near future.
I thought that was mentioned last year as well. I would love for her to get her first regiment. Hopefully we shall hear soon
Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Kate is not lazy: She's an asset to the Royal Family and Britain:
Kate is not lazy: She's an asset to the Royal Family and Britain | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

Good to know that the royals informal meetings aren't recorded in the Official Court Circular. Only the very formal meetings are recorded. Also Catherine's visits with her potential charities aren't recorded in the official Court Circular and made public because it would give away the name of the charities she's considering supporting and it would be embarrassing for the charities that she decided to pass on. It's mainly what all members of the royal family do.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
"Kate's detractors - and there are quite a few particularly in North America - portray her as lazy."

Was this a dig at Canada, the US, or both?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Courtier

I don't know where he is picking up this information, but if one looks at the reponses in the DM it seems to me that it is the brits who are the ones whining about scroungers, waity katy, and various other epithets, at least they are always going on about "their" taxes paying to support her. Personally, I think this is Palmer's way of stating that she has "detractors" but dumping it on North America .... of course that's JMO.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Nobility

Yeah, that North America comment seems a bit off base to me. In the US, at least, I get the impression that most people don't care what she's actually doing (because most people have no idea what royalty does, therefore I think they form many expectations), but rather on what she's wearing. The media just lumps her in with celebrities and, after all, we are a the nation that brings you the Kardashians . . . I don't see people being very picky about Kate.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would say a bit both, but probably more the US. A lot of Canadian tabloids are really either American ones or British ones slightly refurbished and with "Canada" splashed across it. If a Canadian tabloid is attacking someone it's because an American or British one did it first.

Also, if memory serves, both Catherine and William were well received in Canada when they do their royal tour.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I would say a bit both, but probably more the US. A lot of Canadian tabloids are really either American ones or British ones slightly refurbished and with "Canada" splashed across it. If a Canadian tabloid is attacking someone it's because an American or British one did it first.

Also, if memory serves, both Catherine and William were well received in Canada when they do their royal tour.
But why would any of our tabloids care if she does anything or not?

I haven't been to the grocery store in well over a month so have no idea with the rags are printing, and I refuse to go on their websites, which would only give them permission to put up more garbage.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

They care because she sells.

I went to the grocery store on Tuesday where she was on the cover of no less than 7 magazines. She wasn't the main shot on all of them, but most, and while the pregnancy was the main focus it wasn't the only one. It doesn't matter - talking about her or other BRF members for that matter sells, so they continue to do it.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I don't know where he is picking up this information, but if one looks at the reponses in the DM it seems to me that it is the brits who are the ones whining about scroungers, waity katy, and various other epithets, at least they are always going on about "their" taxes paying to support her. Personally, I think this is Palmer's way of stating that she has "detractors" but dumping it on North America .... of course that's JMO.
I assume he means posters in the comment sections or those on twitter. I follow him on twitter and he gets quite a few tweets (regularly) from Kate detractors that live in North America.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking that her visit to Grimsby on the 5th March would be the first on her own to events not connected with her own patronages - something the other royals do all the time - am I right?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Yup I suppose so. It's her first typical Royal visit.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

JessicaC'London ‏@JessicaCLondon
Strolling next to Kate Middleton in the park today.. Super beautiful

MDMFLOW ‏@MDMflow
So Kate Middleton was in topshop today, knew it was her, browsing alongside me! What a champ!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

that's from yesterday. I posted it and it was moved to the other thread, the cambridge set and friends.

Seems that she was walking in the park both yesterday and today
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's fair enough, but do we then have to hear about how non-interesting Kate's going about her day-to-day to life is, over and over again, by way of a sarcastic joke that was mildly amusing the first couple of times but is now well past its sell-by date? Posters go out of their way to find news about Kate and then share it with the rest of us. They don't deserve the sarcasm that's been evident of late.

We get it, some people find the interest in the smallest detail of Kate's life ridiculous and laughable. The point was well made the first few dozen times.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
That's fair enough, but do we then have to hear about how non-interesting Kate's going about her day-to-day to life is, over and over again, by way of a sarcastic joke that was mildly amusing the first couple of times but is now well past its sell-by date? Posters go out of their way to find news about Kate and then share it with the rest of us. They don't deserve the sarcasm that's been evident of late.

We get it, some people find the interest in the smallest detail of Kate's life ridiculous and laughable. The point was well made the first few dozen times.
Once again, there are people that take joy in trying to make people feel small for no other reason that it gives them an inflated sense of their own superiority. It is just a shame that people who come to read, post and share do not come up to the inordinately high standards of these people and end up being belittled.

This is a thread about Catherine's current affairs. OK, not everything is of great moment and some things are just a slice of life . . . gee, Catherine walks her dog just like ordinary normal people do . . . hmm. Not earthshattering but it gives a small insight the sort person she is. To be honest, there are more than a few dog owners who could do with following her example. (Ok, so my chihuahua doesn't need so much but he could do with more than he gets). There are often photo's of Mary, sundry children and Ziggy cavorting in the fresh air. It's a normal part of life.

But these sorts of "directed" put-downs are just sucking the fun out of the thread and mature posters will end up giving it the flick.