The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duchess of Cambridge's flight to Grimsby has been delayed by an hour to an hour and a half by fog but she's still expected to get there.

Well we dont normally get any times at all - perhaps thats a better option.

Fog and helicopters(I assume that) dont mix.

Well we dont normally get any times at all - perhaps thats a better option.

Fog and helicopters(I assume that) dont mix.
She shoud have travelled by car or train

Perhaps her flight crew only found out about the fog this morning? Too late to change plans.

Trains or driving take over 3 hours each and it looks like there is no direct train service (but that surprises me, si I might have misunderstood!)

That travel time is 1 way

Perhaps her flight crew only found out about the fog this morning? Too late to change plans.

Trains or driving take over 3 hours each and it looks like there is no direct train service (but that surprises me, si I might have misunderstood!)

That travel time is 1 way
I agree :flowers: Today is quite a sunny day but they shoud have checked the weather in Grimsby and travelled by car.

I spotted the Duchess. I spotted her getting in the helicopter right behind the palace. She is wearing burgundy/brownish color. Unfortunately she didn't walk to the helicopter. A car dropped her and her entourage off at the helicopter door which wasn't facing the public side. It was a pity that we didn't really get a good glimpse of her. I would've assumed/thought at least she would walk around to wave to the crowd that was waiting for her. I have pictures of her in the helicopter which I will upload later today, thanks for my wide zoom lens.

Last edited:
I spotted the Duchess. I spotted her getting in the helicopter right behind the palace. She is wearing burgundy/brownish color. Unfortunately she didn't walk to the helicopter. A car dropped her and her entourage off at the helicopter door which wasn't facing the public side. It was a pity that we didn't really get a good glimpse of her. I would've assumed/thought at least she would walk around to wave to the crowd that was waiting for her. I have pictures of her in the helicopter which I will upload later today, thanks for my wide zoom lens.
Did you actually saw her?? Thanks for the info! :flowers:

Did you actually saw her?? Thanks for the info! :flowers:

Yes, if a small glimpse counts while she was walking around the car to the helicopters door. Also a few pictures of her inside the helicopter. Ill post pictures later :)

Well, better late then never. Flying in foggy weather is dangerous.

Yes, if a small glimpse counts while she was walking around the car to the helicopters door. Also a few pictures of her inside the helicopter. Ill post pictures later :)

Thank you very much! :flowers: I can't wait to see them!

It's so great! You are so lucky! I live near her and hadn't seen her yet :flowers:

This is Grimsby@ThisIsGrimsby
Apparently Kate is going to arrive at the fishing heritage centre at 12.50 #gykate

Last edited by a moderator:
@RE_DailyMail: The Duchess is now due to arrive at Humberside Airport at 12.15pm and will begin her first engagement in Grimsby at 12.50pm

I agree :flowers: Today is quite a sunny day but they shoud have checked the weather in Grimsby and travelled by car.
To suggest that all pilots don't consistently and constantly check the weather between filing flight plans and takeoff is, well, astounding.

It is likely that fog rolled in too late to travel by other means.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Kate has landed, should be here shortly

thisisgrimsby.co.uk Live coverage as the Duchess of Cambridge visits Grimsby

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate arrives in #Grimsby and is presented with a posy by 3 three year old Lucy Bell pic.twitter.com/eR5uLOOuQu

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail The Duchess of Cambridge arrives in a Hobbs coat and Great Plains dress for her first engagement in Grimsby twitter.yfrog.com/h4erkmf...

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail The Duchess of Cambridge at the National Fishing Heritage Centre in Grimsby http://yfrog.com/ob78efbpj

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Kate wearing Hobbs coat on top of Great Plains dress.

Last edited:
The coat is a repeat as well as the black shoes. I wonder what dress she's wearing inside the coat, I hope she takes off the coat on the inside building.

Yes it´s the Hobbs Celeste coat. Shoes are probably the Emmy Valerie shoes in black.

Rose Hughes (Gretton‏@RoseSkyNews
#kate Meeting an elderly hospice patient: "I'm waiting for you to be queen". Laughter. Kate: "You might be waiting a long time!"

https://twitter.com/RoseSkyNews/status/308943083372949506/photo/1

#kate #fireman Here's the pole she refused to go down. How could she resist?! (She was worried about crash landing) pic.twitter.com/1jO6SGIHTV

#kate #firemenspole. Offered a go down the fireman's pole: Kate: "Don't tempt me!"

Victoria Murphy‏@QueenVicMirror
Kate told a member of the crowd who asked is the baby was kicking: "Yes it is, very much so."

RoyalWatcher‏@royalwatcherUK
Hospice patient stood up from his wheelchair to bow to Kate. "She said 'sit down'. She's brilliant & I hope she's the next queen." #gykate

Last edited:
There are now 154 images on Gettyimages. I'm sory but having probs with copy and paste but there are some on there that I've not seen elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom