The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a bit both, but probably more the US. A lot of Canadian tabloids are really either American ones or British ones slightly refurbished and with "Canada" splashed across it. If a Canadian tabloid is attacking someone it's because an American or British one did it first.

Also, if memory serves, both Catherine and William were well received in Canada when they do their royal tour.

I would say a bit both, but probably more the US. A lot of Canadian tabloids are really either American ones or British ones slightly refurbished and with "Canada" splashed across it. If a Canadian tabloid is attacking someone it's because an American or British one did it first.

Also, if memory serves, both Catherine and William were well received in Canada when they do their royal tour.

But why would any of our tabloids care if she does anything or not?

I haven't been to the grocery store in well over a month so have no idea with the rags are printing, and I refuse to go on their websites, which would only give them permission to put up more garbage.

They care because she sells.

I went to the grocery store on Tuesday where she was on the cover of no less than 7 magazines. She wasn't the main shot on all of them, but most, and while the pregnancy was the main focus it wasn't the only one. It doesn't matter - talking about her or other BRF members for that matter sells, so they continue to do it.

I don't know where he is picking up this information, but if one looks at the reponses in the DM it seems to me that it is the brits who are the ones whining about scroungers, waity katy, and various other epithets, at least they are always going on about "their" taxes paying to support her. Personally, I think this is Palmer's way of stating that she has "detractors" but dumping it on North America .... of course that's JMO. :whistling:

I assume he means posters in the comment sections or those on twitter. I follow him on twitter and he gets quite a few tweets (regularly) from Kate detractors that live in North America.

Last edited:
I was thinking that her visit to Grimsby on the 5th March would be the first on her own to events not connected with her own patronages - something the other royals do all the time - am I right?

JessicaC'London ‏@JessicaCLondon
Strolling next to Kate Middleton in the park today.. Super beautiful

MDMFLOW ‏@MDMflow
So Kate Middleton was in topshop today, knew it was her, browsing alongside me! What a champ!

:previous: that's from yesterday. I posted it and it was moved to the other thread, the cambridge set and friends.

Seems that she was walking in the park both yesterday and today

That's fair enough, but do we then have to hear about how non-interesting Kate's going about her day-to-day to life is, over and over again, by way of a sarcastic joke that was mildly amusing the first couple of times but is now well past its sell-by date? Posters go out of their way to find news about Kate and then share it with the rest of us. They don't deserve the sarcasm that's been evident of late.

We get it, some people find the interest in the smallest detail of Kate's life ridiculous and laughable. The point was well made the first few dozen times.

That's fair enough, but do we then have to hear about how non-interesting Kate's going about her day-to-day to life is, over and over again, by way of a sarcastic joke that was mildly amusing the first couple of times but is now well past its sell-by date? Posters go out of their way to find news about Kate and then share it with the rest of us. They don't deserve the sarcasm that's been evident of late.

We get it, some people find the interest in the smallest detail of Kate's life ridiculous and laughable. The point was well made the first few dozen times.
Once again, there are people that take joy in trying to make people feel small for no other reason that it gives them an inflated sense of their own superiority. It is just a shame that people who come to read, post and share do not come up to the inordinately high standards of these people and end up being belittled.

This is a thread about Catherine's current affairs. OK, not everything is of great moment and some things are just a slice of life . . . gee, Catherine walks her dog just like ordinary normal people do . . . hmm. Not earthshattering but it gives a small insight the sort person she is. To be honest, there are more than a few dog owners who could do with following her example. (Ok, so my chihuahua doesn't need so much but he could do with more than he gets). There are often photo's of Mary, sundry children and Ziggy cavorting in the fresh air. It's a normal part of life.

But these sorts of "directed" put-downs are just sucking the fun out of the thread and mature posters will end up giving it the flick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that off topic and empty posts have been deleted.

Also, members should refrain from sarcastic comments belittling posts (and by implication the members who posted them) about what they consider inconsequential events.

Surely its possible to treat each other with respect, even if we disagree on the content of a specific post?

Thank you!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Duchess of Cambridge visit: Get YOUR messages to Kate Middleton - with a little help from your Grimsby Telegraph!:
Duchess of Cambridge visit: Get YOUR messages to Kate Middleton - with a little help from your Grimsby Telegraph! | This is Grimsby

For the first time, we will stream live the duchess's arrival at the Fishing Heritage Centre; visit Grimsby news, views & business listings from Grimsby's Community | This is Grimsby

Oh wow! This is excellent. The coverage of this appearance should be really top notch.

Very smart too. They know people around the World will be seeing their town for the first, and unless you live in the UK, likely only time due to all the Media following Kate right now. So why not do a live stream? It's their town and they know it the best, so who better to tell the World about the Visit.

As I said, very, very smart on their part.

I've always said that the official Monarchy website should stream Live royal visit's too. I like seeing the Live coverage of the royals on their official engagements. I'm guessing Reuters will also have a Live Stream going too.

Last edited:
Too bad about the timings means I'll be asleep when she arrives. Guess I'll have to catch up in the morning. Hope the next one is a bit earlier.

Too bad about the timings means I'll be asleep when she arrives. Guess I'll have to catch up in the morning. Hope the next one is a bit earlier.
Oh I'm lucky I live in the UK :flowers: But if you cath up in the morning is a nice way to start your day!

I'm happy that my country's time is the same as in London, can't wait to watch it stream live^^

Last edited by a moderator:
So instead of 11:35, it'll be 12:05? Anyway, I'll check the broadcast live on time to make sure I don't miss it

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
The Duchess of Cambridge has only just left London as her helicopter has been delayed by fog - she will be at least an hour late to Grimsby

Wow! One hour? If I knew this beforehand, it didn't had to be necessary to wake up early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom