The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
She's trying to hide her bump
I really don't think so. She's at the point now where she knows she needs maternity fashions and also at the point where her everyday regular clothes will be feeling a bit tight and uncomfortable on her. She's not hiding anything. She's dressed comfortably with room for expansion is all.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've noticed three basic approaches to modern maternity dressing:
  • Look, look, look at my bump - the tight clothes make that a focus
  • I'm pregnant and practical. I'll wear comfy clothes and not seek the center of all attention
  • I'm on a budget -and so am making my old wardrobe stretch as long as I can and adding pieces as I go along.
Most of my friends are in the third group, so I naturally appreciate people who see maternity dressing as a practical problem, rather than an opportunity to buy more clothes.

And if Catherine started wearing a tight across the belly look all the time, I think I'd quit looking. Not that I find it a bad look - but Ms. Kardashian, Simpson, et al do it so well, why would one compete? I am sure Kate will sport the look at some time or another and it will look good on her. The press will go wild.

But I think most of the time she will continue to dress as she has - slightly subdued - in something flattering but not too daring and nothing garish. Fit for a Princess, rather than a reality show star.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know, she's trying everything in the world to hide her bump. I think the only time you might see it is when she's on official engagements.
I agree Maybe later this month we'll see it!

But she still could not have a 'proper' bump. I only displayed a bump when I was around 15/16 weeks pregnant.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
She's trying to hide her bump
I dont see why she did this. We kmow that she is expecting.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post

I dont see why she did this. We kmow that she is expecting.
Maybe because she's uncomfortable having her body scrutinized by the world? I know I would be.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Maybe because she's uncomfortable having her body scrutinized by the world? I know I would be.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I agree also and know that baby bumps can only be concealed for a short time. I am hoping she will become more comfortable with her body as it changes. Pregnant women are beautiful, too.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWillie View Post
I agree also and know that baby bumps can only be concealed for a short time. I am hoping she will become more comfortable with her body as it changes. Pregnant women are beautiful, too.
She could be very comfortable with her body and STILL not want her stomach to become world headline news every time she leaves the house.

I think most people would be a bit creeped out to have something so personal discussed on that scale.

Honestly, if she chooses to drape herself in very loose fitting garments for her whole pregnancy, I won't blame her one bit.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a slight issue with these photos (and the others that have been shown recently). How can she be "well enough" to go shopping etc. but isn't carrying out engagements? I understand she obviously felt very unwell, but it's photographs like this that give the public a bad image of her as it looks like she is well enough to go shopping and buy things, but not well enough to go and do an engagement once in a while. She isn't the first pregnant Royal wife and she wont be the last. I know it's reported she'll be carrying out engagements soon, but c'mon. That really bothers me and I know it's not going to be well received, but it's my opinion and it's an opinion widely thought among the general public who think she is "lazy".

On a side note, I like her coat but I cannot believe how expensive it is! I read on Tumblr that it has a hefty price tag and was quite shocked. One thing I would hate is being followed by a PPO all the time. Obviously it's for her safety, but sometimes you just want to be alone, particularly if you feel unwell, yet she has to have someone with her all the time. Suppose it's what she signed up for.

As regards to her bump, no doubt we'll be seeing plenty of it in the future so I don't mind waiting.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

When is the next scheduled official engagement of Catherine?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not sure but I did read that she was apparently holding meeting with charities now, but not sure when an actual engagement is to take place.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
When is the next scheduled official engagement of Catherine?
This month. I expect SJP to announce some engagements this week.

They say she'll start again with the charities she choose last year
Old 02-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I have a slight issue with these photos (and the others that have been shown recently). How can she be "well enough" to go shopping etc. but isn't carrying out engagements?
It's been pointed out many times on this thread that there's a very big difference between the two. Her nausea probably comes in waves- she probably IS fine sometimes and then very sick on other days, and it's probably fairly unpredictable. She can go shopping or grab lunch with her parents with no prior planning- if she wakes up feeling ok that day, she can go for it.

Planning an official engagement is a lot of work. She can't just show up on the day when she's feeling well- it has to be planned in advance, lots of security set up, lots of people looking forward to seeing her. What if that's one of her bad days? She'd be disappointing a lot of people and causing a lot of hassle.

I'm sure her team is aware of this. I also think that cutting her some slack during her pregnancy would be kind.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Article from the EXpress today about how Catherine has been working with The Art Room, one of her charities.

Remember, just cos we don't see her, it doesn't mean she's idle.

Creative Kate is a queen of arts | Columnists | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

catherine really look good! Really I think she will show her baby bump in a ofiicial event, go to shopping in london is a priate act. may be we can see the aby bump ery soon.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Courtier

You are so right. With HG you just can"t predict. With my 2nd child, I was feeling good enough to invite family for Thanksgiving dinner and then ended up in the hospital. My sister-in-law had to cook the turkey. In hindsight, I should never have made such big plans. Ar that time I was in my sixth month.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Most likely her official engagements will start up this month.

Molly2101, I think people just have to remain patient. When she get the time, Catherine run a few errands. It's not about laying around and being lazy, as some folks like to paint it. She's obviously feeling better but we all know that pregnant women have their good days and their bad days.

Also, Catherine isn't a fulltime member of the royal family yet. I think some of the royal watchers and even some of the royal correspondents have grown a bit frustrated with the young non-fulltime members of the royal family.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
You are so right. With HG you just can"t predict. With my 2nd child, I was feeling good enough to invite family for Thanksgiving dinner and then ended up in the hospital. My sister-in-law had to cook the turkey. In hindsight, I should never have made such big plans. Ar that time I was in my sixth month.
I had HG until I gave birth! Everyday was a suprise. Usually a bad surprise
Old 02-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's been pointed out many times on this thread that there's a very big difference between the two. Her nausea probably comes in waves- she probably IS fine sometimes and then very sick on other days, and it's probably fairly unpredictable. She can go shopping or grab lunch with her parents with no prior planning- if she wakes up feeling ok that day, she can go for it.

Planning an official engagement is a lot of work. She can't just show up on the day when she's feeling well- it has to be planned in advance, lots of security set up, lots of people looking forward to seeing her. What if that's one of her bad days? She'd be disappointing a lot of people and causing a lot of hassle.

I'm sure her team is aware of this. I also think that cutting her some slack during her pregnancy would be kind.
I wholly agree with you and understand, but what I was saying is that it is images like this that then give the public the image of her as "lazy" as she is out and about spending money, but not doing engagements. I am only saying what a lot of the public think.

I am sure we will see her doing work soon, and we know she isn't a "full time member" as yet. That adds to the whole "well, what does she do all day then?" I love Kate, do not get me wrong, but I am now beginning to see why the public view her as lazy.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't get the lazy remarks. She's not a full time royal yet, so it stands to reason that she won't be taking on the same amount of engagements as a full time royal. Plus, its not like she's been shopping every day. We've actually only seen her out and about a few times since the December pregnancy announcement - and the majority of those times have been in the last week or so.

Since she's feeling better (and is returning to public duties later this month), then it makes sense that we see her resume normal activities.