The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good for her. You know why they'd never let me be a Duchess? Because if I was invited back to my old primary school and had to interact with my old teachers and principal, I'd be like I AM A DUCHESS NOW AND YOU WILL BOW TO ME YOU HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE TYRANTS HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?

But Kate is a much nicer person than me, so I'm sure she'll be fine :ROFLMAO:

I'll have a look see what I can find for timings for tomorrow's engagement

ETA: got it!
Christina ‏@Kristinazzz9191 @APP_Editor @victoriaarbiter I'd like to kno too is it am or pm?

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
@Kristinazzz9191 right in between! : )

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate goes back to her old school today - St Andrew's on St Andrew's day - where she first laid eyes on a 9 yr old Prince #William
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate opens new hockey pitch at her old school - 20 yrs ago #William played hockey there with #Kate on touchline watching future king
phil dampier ‏@phildampier #Kate Duchess of Cambridge back to her old school St Andrews in Berkshire today. Rumours are flying around web she's pregnant - calm down

Last edited:
I hope there will be some photos from today. I love seeing Catherine interact with children and teens. She is a natural :)

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Kate on returning to her old school: "They were some of my happiest years, which makes it so incredibly special to be here today.
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
" In fact, I enjoyed it so much that when I had to leave, I told my mother that I was going to come back to be a teacher."

Catherine was a very impressive student at St Andrews. She participated in a variety of sports and extra curricular activities.

HRH look beautiful today and I know she must be happy to be back at her old school.

Several years ago I went back to my old school. I had some fond memories of the place.

Back to school for Kate! Duchess of Cambridge visits the prep school she went to as a girl | Mail Online

Kate Middleton Stuns In Tartan, Plays Field Hockey In Heels (PHOTOS)

'Old girl' Duchess Kate returns to her old prep school

Kate returns to her old school - ITV News

In a speech she said:
"It is such a treat to be back here at St Andrew’s. I absolutely loved my time here; they were some of my happiest years, which makes it so incredibly special to be here today.
"In fact, I enjoyed it so much that when I had to leave, I told my mother that I was going to come back to be a teacher. While that didn’t quite happen, I was thrilled to have been asked back today on St Andrew's Day.
"It was while I was here at school that I realised my love of sport. Sport has been a huge part of my life, and I feel incredibly grateful for the opportunities I had to get outside and play in such wonderful open spaces - though sadly there was nothing quite as glamorous as this in my time."

Last edited:
I love the fact that Catherine's confidence is growing and she's getting out and making speeches. I'm truly enjoy watching her grow as a fine future Princess of Wales and Queen.

Duchess of Cambridge reveals she was nicknamed Squeak after pupils' pet guinea pig as she joins St Andrew's Day celebrations at prep school she 'adored' as a girl

dailymail.co.uk

I love the photos of Catherine playing hockey. Heels are no obstacle when you're this sporty. The kids look like their having so much fun

its impressive her growth on the role, for me its a pleasure to see somebody positive progress through the years (or least since last year)

Her speech sounded great. She's improving with every speech in my opinion, and starting to sound very polished and confident.

I think the fact that she took her time and acclimated to the role at her own pace is going to eventually be perceived as quite a good decision. When she becomes a full time working royal (and my money is on that happening in 2013) she's going to be very good at it.

I know William, her family and friends must be proud of Catherine but I also think Her Majesty must be very proud of Catherine's progress in her royal role. I can imagine she's happy to be a grandmother-in-law of three.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals More Kate at St Andrews links: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-nicknamed-squeak-at-school-1465421 …
British Royals ‏@britishroyals Kate delivered a short speech, watched performances from children, opened a new field, and played hockey in 3-inch heels!
British Royals ‏@britishroyals (3) Kate loved her school so much she told her mum she wanted to return as a teacher. That didn't happen. Married the future king instead.
British Royals ‏@britishroyals Notables: (1) Kate's childhood nickname is "Squeak," & had a class guinea pig named after her.
British Royals ‏@britishroyals (2) Kate was a sport fanatic. Her 1995 high jump record remains unbroken. She was field hockey captain & scored highest.
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate's teacher tells us the Duchess was a good pupil who occasionally endulged in a little high jinx! #pillowfight!

Simon Perry ‏@SPerryPeoplemag Kate Plays Field Hockey at Her Former Prep School http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20652411,00.html …

Lotsa pics
william & catherine
Video:
Home - ITNSource News

Last edited:
Very nice of The Mirror to put up an extended video of Catherine in her school play.

Video-
KATE HONES HER HOCKEY SKILLS DURING SCHOOL VISIT:
Home - ITNSource News

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Rebecca English, Catherine in addition to being sporty, has some impressive musical talent.

She was a member of St Andrew's inaugural Chamber Orchestra and of the senior flute group - amusingly known as the Tootie-Flooties - along with her younger sister, Pippa. Friends say she was also deputy head chorister in the chapel choir and was once commended in a BBC carol competition.
Shortly before she left the school, she also passed her Associated Board Grade 111 flute examination with merit and also her Grade 1V and V singing.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton reveals pet name as she goes back to prep school | Mail Online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom