The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Good point - we dont even know if the vehicle was moving.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Commoner

Duchess's Cambridge ties are well rooted in history | Cambridge News | Latest News Headlines From Cambridge City & Cambridgeshire | National News By Cambridge News

Kate's titled relative

Old 12-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought this was being discussed in another thread - "general information about the Duchess of Cambridge."

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands

Another photogallery from the event at St Andrew's School

Kate Middleton : La reconnaissez-vous 13 ans, quand on l'appelait Squeak ?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As expected, Catherine has cancelled her next three engagements due to today's announcement.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

Does this mean the Winter Whites Gala is a wash for Catherine?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Does this mean the Winter Whites Gala is a wash for Catherine?
I would imagine so, since it's this coming Saturday, if I'm not mistaken. Catherine needs her rest, and from now on, it's not about her, but about the baby. So, if the doctors require her to rest, then she should follow their orders and take it easy. I'd imagine that everyone would want her to be healthy, and comfortable during her pregnancy, and beyond. However, I do think we'll see her doing limited engagements after she has recovered fully, and the doctors give her a clean bill of health to continue working.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Yes, she cancelled on the Winter Whites Gala. She also won't be attending the Military Tournament. She hasn't cancelled her engagement on the 12th (the Hobbit Premiere), so she may attend.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't hold my breadth waiting for Catherine to do any engagements. The type of problem she is having can last through the entire pregnancy. It did for me with all 4 of mine. Not fun.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge visits St Andrew's School: Full Coverage Videos-
ROYAL: Duchess of Cambridge visits St Andrew's Sch | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Duchess of Cambridge opens Treasures Gallery at National History Museum:
ROYAL: Duchess of Cambridge opens Treasures Galler | Archive Footage | ITN Source
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Dunno where else to put this
RICHARD KAY: Why Kate is so upset by prank bullies | Mail Online
Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Please note that duplicate posts have been deleted. There is no need to post the same information in several Cambridge threads.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good news on BBC Radio 5 Live just now. Kate will attend the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year show this evening which will be broadcast live on BBC1.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

good to hear shes so determined!

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
The Duchess of Cambridge will be presenting two awards at tonight's BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards. #royal
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate St James' "The Duchess will attend the event in response to a long standing invitation from the BBC."
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate is an Olympic Ambassador so she would have wanted to be there at #SPOTY esp after cancelling 3 engagements in past wk

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Kate will be alone at the BBC Sports Personality Awards engagement - William is "searching & rescuing ."
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Sources tell me the Duchess doesn't feel well enough to carry out a lengthy engagement but was determined to pay tribute to our sportsmen

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
She will therefore attend the awards for around 45 minutes...Kate was, of course, a Team GB a
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt Kate is not well enough to attend the whole 4 hour long event. She will arrive in time for the presentations.

I will be here for this seeing as I'm now officially school free
Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Courtier

OMG best news ever!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge will present BBC Sports Personality of the Year tonight in first appearance since leaving hospital
Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge will tonight attend the prestigious BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards, the first sign that she is slowly recovering from the acute sickness that has plagued her first few weeks of pregnancy. She is only likely to attend the event in London for around 45 minutes but sources have told Mail Online she is keen to pay tribute to the nation's sportsmen and women in what has been an incredible year.
A St James's Palace spokesman said: 'The Duchess of Cambridge will tonight attend the BBCs Sports Personality of the Year Awards at the ExCeL London, where Her Royal Highness will present the Lifetime Achievement and the main Sports Personality of the Year Awards.
'The Duchess will attend the event in response to a longstanding invitation from the BBC.‪‪'
Old 12-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

The girl is a trooper! So happy to know she is feeling better!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

The BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards are always broadcast live and this year looks set to be the best ever as British sport has had an amazing year.

If Kate is presenting the main prizes, then it's likely she'll be there for the last 45 minutes of the show. It starts at 7:30pm GMT (2:30pm EST, 11:30am PST) and concludes at 10:05pm. Here's a working link for BBC 1 for those overseas:

http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=3
Old 12-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
Kate is not well enough to attend the whole 4 hour long event. She will arrive in time for the presentations.

But at least she's feeling better :)
Old 12-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards are always broadcast live and this year looks set to be the best ever as British sport has had an amazing year.

If Kate is presenting the main prizes, then it's likely she'll be there for the last 45 minutes of the show. It starts at 7:30pm GMT (2:30pm EST, 11:30am PST) and concludes at 10:05pm. Here's a working link for BBC 1 for those overseas:

tvpc.com - BBC 1
dang EIIR ya beat me to it haha but I'm so happy we'll be able to watch this live