The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands

Kate Middleton visits St Andrew's prep school, which she attended from age four to 13 - hellomagazine.com

Duchess Kate: St. Andrew’s School Visit! | Kate Middleton, Pippa Middleton : Just Jared

Kate Middleton Visiting St. Andrew's School in England

Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Very nice of The Mirror to put up an extended video of Catherine in her school play.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Majesty

Video-
KATE HONES HER HOCKEY SKILLS DURING SCHOOL VISIT:
Home - ITNSource News
Old 11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

According to the Rebecca English, Catherine in addition to being sporty, has some impressive musical talent.

She was a member of St Andrew's inaugural Chamber Orchestra and of the senior flute group - amusingly known as the Tootie-Flooties - along with her younger sister, Pippa. Friends say she was also deputy head chorister in the chapel choir and was once commended in a BBC carol competition.
Shortly before she left the school, she also passed her Associated Board Grade 111 flute examination with merit and also her Grade 1V and V singing.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton reveals pet name as she goes back to prep school | Mail Online
Old 11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video-
KATE HONES HER HOCKEY SKILLS DURING SCHOOL VISIT:
Home - ITNSource News
Thank you for the video. She looks like she really enjoyed her time visiting the school again.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Good for her. You know why they'd never let me be a Duchess? Because if I was invited back to my old primary school and had to interact with my old teachers and principal, I'd be like I AM A DUCHESS NOW AND YOU WILL BOW TO ME YOU HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE TYRANTS HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?

But Kate is a much nicer person than me, so I'm sure she'll be fine
hahaha - you are so funny! I love it.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Kate on returning to her old school: "They were some of my happiest years, which makes it so incredibly special to be here today.
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
" In fact, I enjoyed it so much that when I had to leave, I told my mother that I was going to come back to be a teacher."
I love the fact that she wanted to be a teacher. She would have been dynamite in that profession, because she's just so amazing with children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
According to the Rebecca English, Catherine in addition to being sporty, has some impressive musical talent.

She was a member of St Andrew's inaugural Chamber Orchestra and of the senior flute group - amusingly known as the Tootie-Flooties - along with her younger sister, Pippa. Friends say she was also deputy head chorister in the chapel choir and was once commended in a BBC carol competition.
Shortly before she left the school, she also passed her Associated Board Grade 111 flute examination with merit and also her Grade 1V and V singing.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton reveals pet name as she goes back to prep school | Mail Online
So Catherine was a bit of a talented musician. I love that she is so well-rounded; she played sports, and was involved in music. I think both were great for her confidence. Her public speaking skills are improving leaps and bounds, and saying something, since I thought she was pretty good last February.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I never knew Kate was nicknamed Squeak at school. I can imagine Kate being a teacher, from the photos I've seen she interacts well with children. Her outfit almost matches the school uniform...
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

Okay...First off, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all who has shared those links w/us. Much Appreciated!!

Second...Not only do I really like her dress, but I adore her tartan. Why? Because it's *my* Family Tartan!!! When I saw the first pictures, I literally did a double take because I wasn't sure if I was really seeing what I thought I was really seeing. LOL!!

It really suits her too and I have no idea how Kate was able to take on those kids in a pick up field hockey game in those wicked heels. I would have taken two steps and SPLAT!! :)

Her delivery of her speech today was even a wee bit better than Tuesday's was. Her improvement in that department is really great and well done to HRH for that.

As for Kate's hair looking better today...Easy to do when you're not fighting gusting winds.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Her delivery of her speech today was even a wee bit better than Tuesday's was.
I agree, and I wonder if it's because of the audience. I bet she was a lot less nervous knowing she was speaking mostly to children, and in an atmosphere she knows so well.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Majesty

HRH look great but I think she needed a brooch.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

My head is spinning from all the great photos today! Catherine is such a natural with children and her confidence grows with each appearance.
Catherine's next engagment is on Dec 5 , right? The 20th annual ICAP Charity Day, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, next one is Dec 5th then Dec 8th and 9th and then Dec 12
CNN's video
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton shows off field hockey moves - Video on NBCNews.com

Duchess Kate gets sporty, shares her old nickname - Video on TODAY.com

St. Andrew's School | Pangbourne | Latest News

Duchess Kate plays hockey during visit to her former prep school - CBS News

RAW VIDEO: Duchess of Cambridge Shows Off Her Hockey Skills | Video | firstcoastnews.com

Love the video from CNN! Thanks ghost night554. CBS news from Boston had a similar video about the Duchess during their dinner newscast.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very lovely photos and videos. The Duchess is so very gentle in her behaviour. I can see why Prince Charles calls her his darling daugter in law. And she deserves extra recognition for playing in high heels. That reminds me of when one of our very colorful female politicians pointed out that Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it in high heels while dancing backwards.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

She really did seem to acquit herself well here. To be honest, I think going back to your primary school is a bit of a horror story for a lot of adults but she seemed to have enjoyed her school and managed to convey a really positive message to the young pupils.

One note of concern though, it seems she is starting to treat seat belts as an optional accessory rather than a legal requirement which is not a good example at all.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton plays hockey in high heels | Mail Online
Old 12-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
She really did seem to acquit herself well here. To be honest, I think going back to your primary school is a bit of a horror story for a lot of adults but she seemed to have enjoyed her school and managed to convey a really positive message to the young pupils.

One note of concern though, it seems she is starting to treat seat belts as an optional accessory rather than a legal requirement which is not a good example at all.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton plays hockey in high heels | Mail Online
I think the comment about seatbelt is a tad harsh and an exaggeration of the facts. She is still on private land, and turning to wave goodbye. This does not mean that she is treating them an an optional accessory or does so on the highway. If she did so on the highway you would be absolutely correct. But given the fact that a contributory factor in the death of Diana was not wearing a seat belt, I think that this is unlikely.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Not harsh, just common sense. When I get into the car the first thing I do is fasten my seatbelt. Sit, click! It is totally automatic! I do not wait until I have reached the bottom of the drive at the roadside to do so. The fact that she did not "make it click" made me question her "habit".

The point at issue was that:

a. She is a role model and that was what her visit was about, and

b. She was visiting a large number of children and seeing her "belt up" would have been a good thing.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

Impossible to determine a 'habit' from a couple of cropped photos. No reason whatsoever to think Catherine doesn't wear a seatbelt at all times while the vehicle is moving.