The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Honestly do you really think this all story regarding the Kardahians clothes are true?? of course not...Kim would not for sure that Kate is not the women for her clothes, neither she would never accepted that kind of offer...that is not a thing that she would do for sure...that is so absurd thinking this is a true story!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I forgot that to say thet Kate never worked in her life, which is true, was bashing her, excuse me. I forgot KM made an impressive career with her parents, for which she went to Uni, am I right? Oh I must be mixing things a bit.

btw, Pippa´s usign her sisters fame to make money is bashing Pippa?
Probably a more politically correct statement would be that Kate has never 100% supported herself. I'd say Kate hasn't supported herself 30%. Never had to pay rent, make a car payment, etc.

There will always be people who try to make us think she toiled on a daily basis, from 9 to 5. I will never believe that's the case.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Probably a more politically correct statement would be that Kate has never 100% supported herself. I'd say Kate hasn't supported herself 30%. Never had to pay rent, make a car payment, etc.

There will always be people who try to make us think she toiled on a daily basis, from 9 to 5. I will never believe that's the case.
But why should she have to? Frankly, I don't see the problem. I worked full time for over 40 years and I wish it hadn't been necessary. If I had been able financially (via my parents) to work p/time or not at all, I'd have done it. However, I don't envy those who didn't have to work. Life's just like that.

The majority of people work to live - if they didn't have to, then they wouldn't do it. She worked to get to university and she worked to get her degree and she worked part-time (probably) for her parents. What's wrong with that?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Majesty

I think the main point is that Catherine had a couple of jobs before her marriage. So this tabloid idea that Catherine never worked a day in her life is very incorrect. Also, there is nothing wrong with working in your family business. I think Party Pieces is where it is today because of the family working hard to make it a great success.

Kate scrubbed my deck, says Cape skipper:
Kate scrubbed my deck, says Cape skipper - IOL Tonight | IOL.co.za
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But why should she have to? Frankly, I don't see the problem. I worked full time for over 40 years and I wish it hadn't been necessary. If I had been able financially (via my parents) to work p/time or not at all, I'd have done it. However, I don't envy those who didn't have to work. Life's just like that.

The majority of people work to live - if they didn't have to, then they wouldn't do it. She worked to get to university and she worked to get her degree and she worked part-time (probably) for her parents. What's wrong with that?
I didn't say there was anything WRONG with it. I didn't have to work, but I worked because I didn't want to be an empty bottle. I can't compare my work history with anyone else's, but if a person is to be independent, they must make their own path.

I don't care if Kate never worked...I'm just tired of hearing how hard she worked/works.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

fair enough

What I get fed up with (this is not directed at you KittyAtlanta) is the idea that because we dont see Catherine everyday, the assumption is that she is doing nothing at all. Truth is we just don't know.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Majesty

I think everyone have to follow their own path. Some people go out on their own and find their own way, some folks work with their family to build a business, etc. Catherine did what many people do and I think that's just fine.

Here's Catherine's Thoughts on this subject:
Tom Bradby: Kate, just coming to a close people have you know put some, placed some criticisms of you about your work and so on, does that hurt? How do you respond to people who say those things?

Miss Middleton: "Well I think I know I've been working very hard for the family business, and sometimes those days are long days and you know I think if I know I'm working hard and I'm pulling my weight both work and playing hard at the same time, you know I think everyone who I work with can see I am there pulling my weight and that's really what matters to me."

TB: You know your family as you've said that you are very close, does it hurt about what's said or do you let it run off your collective backs on the grounds that's just what you have go to live with?

Miss Middleton: Well again I think, if you … the people around home are very supportive to us and you know those are the people who really matter to us, our close friends and family and I think if sort of they feel you are doing the right thing you can only be sort of true to yourself and you sort of have to ignore a lot of what's said, obviously take it on board, but you know you have to be yourself really and that's how I have stuck by it really.

Prince William and Kate Middleton Interview Transcript - ABC News
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic with Catherine's actual CURRENT EVENTS not what she did or didn't do in the past.

Thank you.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge takes a turn on the OTHER side of the lens: Personal photographs from the royal couple's time in Borneo to be released | Mail Online
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding a potential Cambridge pregnancy will be deleted as speculative.

If and when an official announcement is made, it will be made via Clarence House and/or Buckingham Palace. Not the Daily Mail, In Touch, People, etc.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted as speculative.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Clearly those of you bashing the Kardashians for not working havent bothered to actually do research. The sisters have a variety of successful stores and design clothes, shoes and accessories. They own the stores like Jigsaw where Kate used to work. They are fame whores and have little if any class, but they do work, a lot actually.
I've always hated those who bash Kate for not having a full time job, she is a lot like me in that she majored in an area that doesn't translate easily to steady work. But in this case I will say that at least Kim and Khloe have worked more than Kate and myself.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge's photos from Borneo
The Duchess of Cambridge's photos from Borneo
Old 11-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some beautiful shots there, particularly the black and white ones. The last landscape is also lovely.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Clearly those of you bashing the Kardashians for not working havent bothered to actually do research. The sisters have a variety of successful stores and design clothes, shoes and accessories. They own the stores like Jigsaw where Kate used to work. They are fame whores and have little if any class, but they do work, a lot actually.
I've always hated those who bash Kate for not having a full time job, she is a lot like me in that she majored in an area that doesn't translate easily to steady work. But in this case I will say that at least Kim and Khloe have worked more than Kate and myself.
Being honest here. I've no clue who the kardasian are or why they are real". or what they do or what they are famous for. I've heard they do some "reality" TV stuffs. TV trying to tell us what real life should be? Sorry I'm not a sheeple.

Given the opportunity, Kate in her role would meet and greet me the same as meeting a kardash or a Sir Paul or an Angry Bird or Oscar the Grouch. She has the skills that's been shown that no matter who she meets, she does it in style. its what she does and she's a natural when we see her do it. I really don't think I could. I'd try by probably fail

<< ms run at mouth goes for another doughnut
Old 11-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge takes a turn on the OTHER side of the lens: Personal photographs from the royal couple's time in Borneo are released on their new website | Mail Online
Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Love the pictures. Those pics make me wish I was there.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge's own photographs of Borneo revealed:
Kate Middleton's own photographs of Borneo revealed - Telegraph
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Am I the only one who doesn't like the pictures?
They are much worse than I expected to be honest.
First, they look way TOO amateur. Ok she IS an amateur, but if she really likes photography and if she is a keen photographer as newspapers tell us, they should be better. These are shots any of us could take with our own amateur cameras.
Second, photography is not just about taking the photos but also about the way you work them, the way you treat the colour, deciding between black and white vs colour, etc, etc. And this is the worst part for me: her pics show she understands little of it. A thing that shows it is the B&W pics on a forest like Borneo. Imagine all the colours she can find there, all the shades of green. The beauty you could find in pics from a place like Borneo lies mainly in this subject: lots of colours. When using B&W, she destroyed it all. I think anyone who devotes a bit of his/her time (even if little) to photography would know this.

I know she's an amateur and of course we could not expect pictures like if she was a professional photographer. But to me there is a line that distinguishes:
1. ordinary people who like to take pics with their low quality cameras
vs
2. people who are really into photography and spend some time and money on it.
If Kate likes photography so much she should be in the second group, but her photos look like taken from someone in the first group, which is a shame.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

I agree Julliette.

but kudos to Kate for putting her photography out there for criticism

i know they have revamp their website but im not sure why the pics were published now?
maybe auctioned them for charity would be nice.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Not bad at all from using a pocket camera. No telephoto lens so getting crisp distance shots is next to impossible. And if you read the text the majority of these were taken on the move (car/plane) so she did ok.

Any pic of an oragutang(spelling?) is amazing especially as they are rarely seen. She probably only had a matter of a few seconds. I like the ones in the forest, with the sunlight coming through.

Nice of her to let us see them - pretty much like other royals, ie Duke of Edinburgh who let us see his paintings.

I hope that she isn't put off by some of the seriously nasty comments in some of the papers - she is obviously keen and finding her way so it would be good to see more in the future when hopefully she is making progress.

Closed Thread