The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some pics with kids today:

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/K...PZDRt6rxOl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/K...8oKB4XXbEl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/K...D5yAAoRjrl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/K...KCIlc__8el.jpg

Here's the little girl who did not want to let go of the flowers - cute: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...4hTQFe3Svl.jpg

The little girl is named Lola Mackay - and she is cute - here she is solo: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/L...eWpTUo-hol.jpg

Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the links

Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Her Royal Highness just make me smile. I enjoy watching her grow into her official role.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Thanks as always, ghost. Best of luck in your exams. Have you considered a stint at a British university? You could go and see these events in person with no time zone issues.
Thank you! Slightly OT but as much as I'd LOVE to do a stint at a British University I think my parents would kill me especially after all the money we've spent already with the current one I'm attending. But the plan is fingers crossed in a few years to move to London with a journalism degree and try to get a job in the field of royal correspondence.

Ok so vids here: Home - ITNSource News
More pics here:william & catherine
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Pictures: CATHERİNE,DUCHESS OF CAMBRİDGE VİSİT NEWCASTLE-
MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD: CATHER

Royal Videos:
Home - ITNSource News
Old 10-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The little girl is named Lola Mackay - and she is cute - here she is solo: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/L...eWpTUo-hol.jpg
Thank you so much for the photos Admirer. Little Lola is so cute and I see her mummy was well prepared for the day as she appears to have brought along the potty just in case!

It seems that Kate's visit yesterday was a great success. She seems amazingly comfortable and confident considering she's only been in the role for 18 months. She looks like she enjoys meeting people which likely makes it easier for her.

The pictures of her hugging the little boy were so sweet. As the article said, if you don't ask, you don't get. Well done him for having the courage to ask for a hug.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Serene Highness

One of Catherine's criticisms from her detractors is that she is stiff and wooden and 'fake' but children recognise fake from a mile away and boys and girls of all ages are 'in love' with her and enthralled by HRH. Articles about William and Catherine always make me smile!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl

One of Catherine's criticisms from her detractors is that she is stiff and wooden and 'fake' but children recognise fake from a mile away and boys and girls of all ages are 'in love' with her and enthralled by HRH. Articles about William and Catherine always make me smile!!!
This is very true. Children will 'reveal' the true person underneath by either wanting to be around him/her, or hiding behind a parent/ignoring the person completely. They're the best judges of character and 'psychologists' .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Courtier

LOL at the potty
Old 10-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine visited yesterday with a group of teen moms - a potential quagmire of issues for some people. She seemed to handle the visit well and focused on the young women and their lives rather than the politics of any related issues. It struck me as I read the report below that Kate showed some real skill here.
Kate Middleton talks babies with teenage mums - Mirror Online
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS
Catherine visited yesterday with a group of teen moms - a potential quagmire of issues for some people. She seemed to handle the visit well and focused on the young women and their lives rather than the politics of any related issues. It struck me as I read the report below that Kate showed some real skill here.
Kate Middleton talks babies with teenage mums - Mirror Online
This is a great cause to support. Again, Catherine is not afraid to get her hands dirty and wor with organizations that are not glamourous.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This is a great cause to support. Again, Catherine is not afraid to get her hands dirty and wor with organizations that are not glamourous.
This charity was part of the group that received donations from the Royal Wedding last year.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Nobility

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess of Cambridge visits Newcastle

The POW site article.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Majesty

Cheryl Cole reveals 'surreal' moment Kate Middleton dressed up as her-Cheryl Cole reveals 'surreal' moment Kate Middleton dressed up as her | Metro.co.uk

That must have been really interesting.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Cheryl Cole reveals 'surreal' moment Kate Middleton dressed up as her-Cheryl Cole reveals 'surreal' moment Kate Middleton dressed up as her | Metro.co.uk

That must have been really interesting.
Time for your nap Cheryl
Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Video: The Duchess of Cambridge visiting Addiction Clinic in Newcastle-

Single Video Player

I hope this link works because you can see Catherine leaving and greeting the crowds. A little girl was due to give the Duchess some flowers but decided not to and Catherine thought that was very funny.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the link! Children just love Catherine and you can tell that HRH adores children!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge has passed the flowers she was given during her visit to Stockton to Zoe's Place:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-32019250/

I think that's very nice of Catherine to do this.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love this and I hope she makes a habit of it. Given her interest in hospice care, I have no doubt this was a personal gesture- and a very nice one.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video: The Duchess of Cambridge visiting Addiction Clinic in Newcastle-

Single Video Player

I hope this link works because you can see Catherine leaving and greeting the crowds. A little girl was due to give the Duchess some flowers but decided not to and Catherine thought that was very funny.
cute little girl Kate handled it very well