The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine is living in a cottage on the Kennsinton Palace grounds while William is away. But their main residence is still Wales. It's just easier for her to be closer since he isn't there and so many of her appearances will be closer to London and her office is in London.

Great article on "Becca". Glad she has some extra help. Thought it was sweet how they said William wants to make sure his wife has a lot of support. Awww

Although I remembered reading a little about Becca, I found this article indepth and interesting. it's great that Kate has someone she can rely upon I her new royal duties quest! Thanks for posting the link!

I would have placed Becca as at least 5 years older than Kate, but she's actually slightly younger. She seems exactly the kind of person Kate should have around her though. I hope it works out for all involved.

Yes, it's good to see Kate building up her support group with people she and William trust. As her duties increase, she's going to certainly need those extra set of hands on walkabouts. And is it just me, or is it a deliberate selection that Becca and the PPO are brunettes or just a coincidence?

Mia, who suffers from Hydrocephalus, which means she gets too much water in her brain, has had nine operations, eight on her brain. Her first operation was at just nine days old.
Mia who braved the cold in her heart dressing gown, waited with a note for the princess which read: ‘hello Kate, love Mia.’ A delighted Mia, said: ‘We were shouting “Kate, Kate, Kate”. She said she liked my dressing gown.
That's soo cute! She makes this pure little girl a little bit happier!
Who said that monarchy was absolutely useless thing?

Wow. Interesting article about Rebecca. She seems to have a lot of responsibility considering she helps not only Catherine but William and Harry as well. I thought the boys had their own personal assistants. So how did this woman get that job? Has she been around the family for a while?

:previous:If anything, I'm more fascinated by the royal oddities throughout history. Just goes to show you that every family has its quirks, even though they're on a grander scale!

Snap :eek:. I posted the wrong link. Holy cow....I'm mortified. Here's the link I meant to post. I will delete the one from earlier. Thank you for that, by the way. I think I'm slowly but surely losing my mind :bang:.

kate middleton, royal visit, De Montfort University, Leicester on March 8 queen | This is Leicestershire

I see that several of the students at De Montfort University, who are studying Footwear Design (who knew you could do a degree in footwear design) have designed a shoe for Catherine and she's going to pick the winner on her visit with the Queen. The winning shoe will be made and presented to Kate at a later date. It's a really good idea on the university's part, one of these students will be able to put on their resume that their first commission was the Duchess of Cambridge. Not bad!

I don't know if anyone saw last night's Antiques Roadshow on BBC1. It was set in Dundee I think and a woman brought along a programme from the charity fashion show that Kate took part in while at St Andrews, wearing the famous 'see through' dress. One of the experts valued it at £500 which amazed me. Kate hadn't signed it or anything like that, it just had her name in it. Bonkers.

That is crazy that an unsigned program would cost that much. It just goes to show you that anything related to Kate seems to have added value. Now if she was the owner of that dress and brought it in to be valued, that's a whole different story!

Last edited:
Watch how that price has most likely now escalated, given a future Queen of England has worn it in her "racy" college days and her current popularity. As I'm writing this, I'm also watching the U.S. version of Antiques Roadshow. :)

And here's a link to some of the sketches in the shoe contest. I'd need a cane to help walk on those stilts; not my cup of tea at all.

Duchess Catherine Style Blog

Last edited:
I see that several of the students at De Montfort University, who are studying Footwear Design (who knew you could do a degree in footwear design) have designed a shoe for Catherine and she's going to pick the winner on her visit with the Queen. The winning shoe will be made and presented to Kate at a later date. It's a really good idea on the university's part, one of these students will be able to put on their resume that their first commission was the Duchess of Cambridge. Not bad!

I caught an article earlier that showed some of the designs up for judging and I'll tell you, I'm so glad I'm not in Kate's shoes. (pun intended). There's not one among them I really like or would wear.

Kate Middleton Judging Shoe Design Competition

I quite like the blue ones with the lace effect.

I'd be unable to wear any of them, I'm afraid flats are my best friends. I just can't seem to wear heels, although I can appreciate them on an aesthetic level.

Wowie...those shoes are not quite my cup of tea either. A little too 'out there' in my book. Catherine will have to be diplomatic (I wonder if she'll ever have to actually appear in public in what she chooses, especially if none are really to her taste). I don't think I'd be able to stand in heels that are that high (flats are my best friends too), Kudos to those who are able to wear and walk in them.

I think Im liking the tartan shoe. I would like to see her wearing these. We have not seen her in tartan yet. Would be nice. :)

The plaid ones might be a dark horse! They'd be perfect for trips to Scotland!

She likes to do things in "secret" does Catherine.

The visit was obviously appreciated by the staff and students at the RSN, that's the main thing.

If press is writing about this it's not a secret. And 'thank you' visit almost year after the wedding, a little too late don't you think. But seems that she hasn't nothing more to do.

If press is writing about this it's not a secret. And 'thank you' visit almost year after the wedding, a little too late don't you think. But seems that she hasn't nothing more to do.

Erm, the RSN will have been well paid for their services, they didn't embroider Kate's dress out of the goodness of their hearts. A supplementary thank you visit at a time that's convenient for everyone was a nice thing to do.

The RSN have received so much international press since being involved with Kate's dress I'll bet that they weren't at all hurt that she didn't come and see them as soon as she got back from her honeymoon.

She likes to do things in "secret" does Catherine.

Does she do them in secret, or does she do them privately? I'm going with "privately". If what she did was done in secret, it wouldn't be in the newspapers. :flowers:

I don't see a problem if she chooses to visit a place privately. That's her choice, and if she's all right with it, who are we to judge? I think it's lovely of her to visit the workers who spent so much time on her dress. Shows that she's appreciative of what others do for her (and if it's done a year later, again, I'm sure there's a good reason for that, though I won't doubt a 'thank you' letter of some sort was sent after the wedding).

I found this on my twitter. A story about Catherine's recent charity visits will be in 'PEOPLE' magazine.

Prince William Travels for Work, Kate Steps Out for Charity - The Royals, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Cover Galleries : People.com

This sure seems to indicate that Kate is low-key and unassuming, and definitely isn't calling attention to herself while showing appreciation for the ladies' fine work. If the media picks up on it and reports the story, that's their call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom