The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that this article gives us new information, but the headline is an interesting positioning statement.

Duchess of Cambridge prepares for busy week as she steps up royal duties - Telegraph

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have always thought, whether or not the Duke of Cambridge re-ups with the military, that the Duchess of Cambridge would take on more work. She is an active woman and with a base in London, she will be able to do more than she did from the home in Anglesey. She seems a gamer and willing to work hard for the RF. Heaven knows, the public can't wait. Good on her!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Cannot believe there haven't been any ridiculous remarks about how the previously-posted news story, if true, is about time.

The BRF have certainly known how to ease Catherine into her role, and her ease at engagements is probably a reflection of that.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Cannot believe there haven't been any ridiculous remarks about how the previously-posted news story, if true, is about time.

The BRF have certainly known how to ease Catherine into her role, and her ease at engagements is probably a reflection of that.
Yes! BP learned that to throw the babe into the pond and see if it swam was not so productive. I love how Catherine has been given time to develop, opportunities to polish her skills and warm support from the BRF. But then, she has given back warmth, humor and support in kind.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Majesty

I applaud The Duchess of Cambridge for putting her best foot forward on taking on her official engagements and being brave and making her speeches with such professionalism. She's really trying her best but I think she will only be able to do more and take on more if her and William become full-time royals. Right now she's doing her best but unless she and William become full-time royals, she will want to be with her husband in Wales.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Majesty

I'm just hoping the Cambridges will take up full-time royal duties by next year. I think Catherine will continue to do a beautiful job.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post

Oh, I have no doubt that snarky comments will be coming in from the usual suspects. Just give it time . On a more serious note, I'm glad that the BRF chose to let Catherine adapt to her job gradually. It allowed her to hone her skills, and really understand what it was all about. She researched her own charities, and therefore, ended up with causes that are close to her heart. I think the fact that she's passionate about her causes lets her truly shine and be herself. She's wonderful with children, and some of her causes cater to that. As time goes on, she'll only get better, and that is saying something, because if I didn't know it, I would have thought that she was born into a royal family, or a high profile one. She has poise, grace, dignity and a big heart. What else could one want from a future Queen Consort?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for posting this Dman. Heidi's a remarkable double to the Duchess. It would be interesting to see what her mannerisms and so are like when she's not being "Kate."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Serene Highness

A jewellery maker has her business given a boost

Duchess effect strikes again!

Orders pour in for Leicestershire jewellery maker since Duchess of Cambridge wore her earrings | This is Leicestershire
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Heir Apparent

So tomorrow Catherine has an unannounced appearance. I wonder what it is and if we will be getting pics/info later on
Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding joint appearances by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge should be posted in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events thread.

There is no need to post duplicate information in Catherine's current events thread as well as the Cambridge Current events thread.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Timings for Kate’s solo North engagments

royalkatedebate:
Timings for Wdnesday 10th October, 2012.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Majesty

Tuesday 23rd October 2012:
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend a reception for Medallists at the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Buckingham Palace, London.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

They seem to be stepping up their engagements- I really expected them to take a longer break between the tour and the next set of engagements.

I'm excited- I think this is probably a good indication that they're going to be full time working royals come next summer.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Nobility

They did have over two weeks to readjust time zones and make any necessary preparations for the current visits. Private secretary are paid to help with research.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Ok so we should expect Kate to begin at 10:30am UK time/2:30am PST and 5:30am EST
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Crowds of about 20 at the Newcastle Civic centre so far - hopefully there will be more by the time Kate arrives

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling
The day is dawning bright in Newcastle, looking forward to another good day!

James Parkes ‏@Jamesparksie
@keyfundcharity #northyorks group Richmond Jaguars are leaving #richmond to go to #Gateshead to meet the future Queen #KFRoyal #Youthvoice
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Crowds at Civic Centre up to about 70 now ahead of Kate's visit

Kate should arrive in half an hour. Me on the other hand, I'm going to bed cause I am feeling awful. I have midterms to thank for that and the time difference between London and Vancouver doesn't help the situation either. Use the approx timings I provided to follow along as best you can. Not sure if there will be a live feed today from what I saw we had one yesterday. She has 4 separate engagements lined up so should be a pretty long day. I'll catch up in the morning. Sorry guys, I wish I could stay.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks as always, ghost. Best of luck in your exams. Have you considered a stint at a British university? You could go and see these events in person with no time zone issues.

I'm glad to see the royals spending time in the northern cities. Kate's been to Liverpool, now Newcastle, Nottingham etc. Times are tough up there at the moment.

I hope Kate can understand Geordie. People in that part of the world have a really distinctive accent. I struggle to understand much of it. See here:

Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Mark Stewart@RegalEyes
Its another outing for the Duchess of Cambridges xmas day outfit in Newcastle today as she arrives at the civic centre.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Is Kate colouring her hair? I thought it´s her natural colour?When she married her hair was darker or am I wrong?

Here it seems like a different colour Kate Middleton Photos - Official Launch of The Football Association's National Football Centre, St George's Park. - Zimbio