The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Love seeing her at engagements. She's a natural! Apparently she'll be doing another engagement for the Art Room on February 21st. Still want to hear her give a speech!

How wonderful. She looked lovely and did a great job wth her appearance. The children loved seeing her and the stories were so sweet as well as the gifts they gave her. She is just a natural at this. Its amazing that by the time I see what she is wearing the clothing is already sold out!!! Darn it! :)

IMO she is at her best when the event involves meeting children. I like how she is at their level when speaking to them and appears to spend time making small talk with the kids.

I don't think anyone could look at these pictures and videos and not conclude that Kate really rose to the challenge today. She was interested, warm and friendly. She also seemed to be genuinely enjoying herself which will help immensely going forward.

On the news tonight there were several interviews with people who had met Kate and interacted with her today. No one had anything but good things to say about her and lets face it, Scousers are the type of people who aren't afraid to say what they really think.

It's so nice to read the positive reports about Kate; she seems to have done quite well today and it's always pleasant to see how she interacts with children. She really becomes very engaged with them and gives her full attention.

Last edited:
I had a pretty crummy night so waking up to such beautiful photos and comments was the best thing ever I'm so very proud of Kate!

I've been thinking for awhile that William picked a "winner", and it's nice to get confirmed in my good opinion of Kate.:flowers:

It looks like everyone had a great day and those children just got a shot of the best medicine in the World. There's nothing like someone famous taking a genuine interest in you and taking the time to spend a few minutes w/you. I'm speaking from experience here. Those children will *never* forget this day and how Kate treated them.

BTW...Due to my transplant, the meds, but also just because I've never really liked alcoholic drinks, it can be tough sometimes at get togethers when everyone else has a drink and I don't. Doesn't help my Brother in Law can be a bit of jerk at times too w/his so called "teasing".

Anyway...W/Kate's visit to The Brink today, I was wondering if the recipe for "The Duchess" she was drinking was shared somewhere out there? It did look a lot like a Pina Colada, so... Just wondering. :eek:)

The smoothie was called the Duchess - a blend of banana, almonds, milk, honey and cream. I'm sure you could experiment with the ingredients if you can't get the exact recipe; it really sounds yummy!

Last edited:
She looks beautiful, will do some more looking into the links when I get to a computer.

It's so nice to read the positive reports about Kate; she seems to have done quite well today and it's always pleasant to see how she interacts with children. She really becomes very engaged with them and gives her full attention.

I agree with you. She has done so well. It's as if she has been doing this all her life. I'm impressed with how good she is with children. She's more at ease with them than with adults (not at all shocking, because children are more genuine, and if they don't like you, they'll avoid you at all costs). Catherine's compassion for others is beautiful to watch. She's very engaged with whomever it is she's speaking to. I can imagine that it makes others feel at ease. She has no airs about her, and I hope she remains this way.

I've been thinking for awhile that William picked a "winner", and it's nice to get confirmed in my good opinion of Kate.:flowers:

Well said! I'm in complete agreement. She's an asset to the Royal Family, United Kingdom, and the rest of the Commonwealth.

It looks like everyone had a great day and those children just got a shot of the best medicine in the World. There's nothing like someone famous taking a genuine interest in you and taking the time to spend a few minutes w/you. I'm speaking from experience here. Those children will *never* forget this day and how Kate treated them.

That's what really makes me admire this woman. She's not afraid to share herself. She's sincere and it's very evident. She's not afraid to give a hug, or to get down and be a little silly so that a little one can smile. She has a magic touch. She gave the kids some very fond memories to have and think about when they're dealing with unpleasant medical treatments.

Last edited:
Wonderful stories. She's really uplifted a lot of spirits today and vice versa, I suspect!

Wonderful stories. She's really uplifted a lot of spirits today and vice versa, I suspect!

Heck, my spirits were lifted just from looking at the pictures/videos and reading the stories. She exudes kindness, compassion and sincerity.

The smoothie was called the Duchess - a blend of banana, almonds, milk, honey and cream. I'm sure you could experiment with the ingredients if you can't get the exact recipe; it really sounds yummy!

Thanks for the list of ingrediants. I'll have to play around w/them and see what I can come up w/. :flowers:

^Same here I'm planning on making one similar tomorrow especially since I always need to drink a smoothie each day since I have low magnesium and potassium levels.

That's so cute that she told that little kid the name of her dog and that he's not telling anyone. That'll show the press! :)

How much access does William have to the media in the Falklands? I hope he can see how wonderfully she is doing! Can't wait to see her with the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall.

The Falklands have broadband internet and I'm sure it's available within the large military base where William's staying. I'll bet Kate will have spoken with him on the phone last night to let him know how it went. William will be rightly proud of how she did yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom