The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Lumutqueen and EIIR. Here I was thinking a tan was just a tan. Who knew there was a difference between an aristocratic tan and a commoner tan. :p

Well as she is carrying an umbrella I'd guess recently! :lol:

She looks lovely there; is Turnell and Gignon an interior design store?

She looks lovely there; is Turnell and Gignon an interior design store?

Oh, she does indeed. As has been stated many times, Catherine looks great in casual wear.

Thank you; future decor for the KP apartment maybe.

That sounds about right. I'm not a decorating buff, but I understand it can be quite addicting if one has the knack for it. Hopefully she'll enjoy it to the fullest.

Thank you; future decor for the KP apartment maybe.

What fun she must be having! This is so much fun choosing the colors and fabrics - and when you have the money - as they have - it must be exhilarating not to worry about cost. :)

Wouldn't it be fabulous if when it was all done they allowed a little peek inside somehow? I'd be very interested to see what she chooses for color and design. Unlikely, though, I'm guessing.

What fun she must be having! This is so much fun choosing the colors and fabrics - and when you have the money - as they have - it must be exhilarating not to worry about cost. :)

Wouldn't it be fabulous if when it was all done they allowed a little peek inside somehow? I'd be very interested to see what she chooses for color and design. Unlikely, though, I'm guessing.

I think it would be lovely if we could see what the finished product would look like, but I have a feeling that they won't go for it. Maybe once they have kids, and choose to do a type of photo shoot/TV special that William's parents did when he and his brother were little, we may get a little glimpse of the interiors of the apartment. I'd be very curious to see what they would do with a room designated for the kids to play in :D.

I would say the chances of William and Kate doing a magazine spread or allowing cameras into their newly renovated home are precisely zero. These two refused for weeks to divulge the name of their dog, so I'd say they're highly unlikely to be willing to let the world have a look inside their home.

So true. As trivial as what the name of their dog was at the time, I think perhaps it was a chance to make a statement to the public and the media that details pertaining to their family and private lives are going to remain just that... private.

Last edited:
It's meant to look a bit fake. The editor said, "the cover is actually a hyper-real illustration of Kate, meant to be a fan art tribute to fashion's new royal icon." It's not intended to look like a photo, but a fan's interpretation of what she might look like.

I suppose that given Kate shows no desire to pose for any magazine, it was inevitable that one would take matters into their own hands. There does seem to be a bit of a trend for international publications to manipulate images of Kate at the moment for some reason.

I guess their attitude is that if they can't get the real thing on their cover, they'll just fabricate it!;)

I suppose there's not a whole lot of difference between the magazines photographing celebs or models for their covers and then photoshopping them to death. They're equally fake.

it looks so photoshopped!

That's because it is photoshopped. It's actually a complete fabrication. Presumably they've chosen to make it look slightly 'off' so as not to be accused of trying to deceive people and pretend Kate had posed for them.

and the photos of ther honeymoon? Today is july 16!!

The publication is projecting an image of a photoshopped Kate wearing an example of South African fashion and how she would look in it.

Last edited:
and the photos of ther honeymoon? Today is july 16!!
hkittybaby I dunno if your asking for the photos of their honeymoon or not but complete scans can be found at princess diana remembered. Sorry if I've misunderstood your post :flowers:

I know next to nothing about Thursday's event but when I know more I'll post as always.

All I know is the museum and exhibition will be open to the public at 12pm on Thursday, therefore I suspect based on NPG's tweet that it will be a morning event.

Last edited:
That's because it is photoshopped. It's actually a complete fabrication. Presumably they've chosen to make it look slightly 'off' so as not to be accused of trying to deceive people and pretend Kate had posed for them.

with the "*of course she doesn't, but should" at the bottom of the cover (in small print no less) kind of tells me that its intent is to state its the outfits that are photo shopped. I just hope that whomever does have the rights to the photo that was used of Kate was consulted and allowed the use of it. I would imagine too that Kate would have a serious case if she resented the use of her face for something that she doesn't endorse.

One thing I found interesting though is the comments at the end of this article. Someone actually spoke out against still attaching the Middleton name to Kate. :)

Kate Middleton Marie Claire South Africa Cover: Cool Or Creepy? (PHOTO, POLL)

Ladies you are missing the obvious.....we can finally see what Kate looks like wearing COLOUR!! :eek: :D

I like those colours on her! I hope she sees the above and gets a bit braver with her dress colour selections.

Maybe on Thursday she will surprise us with a colorful dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom