The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Thank you for the article, Artemisia . It was indeed lovely to read something like this. I love hearing stories from children, because they're honest and will not tell you something that they're not feeling. They're indeed the best judges of character, and can sense things us adults can miss or forget once we leave childhood behind. One of my favorite lines was 'I think she’d make a really cool teacher' said by Jaydn Proffitt. I have expressed that sentiment many times and will stand by it until shown otherwise. She has such a big heart, and it's wonderful that she's giving these children something of herself that is precious and priceless; love.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely article! Kate is so wonderful and such a natural with children.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Hi guys I'm back after going away for the weekend and I've got some news for y'all so Phil Dampier spoke with Prince Edward and he had some very kind things to say about the Duchess and what his mother thinks of her.
Quote:
LL ‏ @liltinglimes RT @phildampier P Edward says Kate has taken to royal life "like a duck to water" Says HM delighted w/ her&how popular royals are in Jubilee
LL ‏ @liltinglimes
RT @phildampier: Edward says Queen will do all she can to protect Kate.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the tidbits, ghost night! It's nice to hear a royal's perspective on Kate.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Hi guys I'm back after going away for the weekend and I've got some news for y'all so Phil Dampier spoke with Prince Edward and he had some very kind things to say about the Duchess and what his mother thinks of her.
[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/liltinglimes"]
That's lovely to hear. I'm glad the family is liking and supporting Catherine.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Duchess of Cambridge is now a friend in tweed
Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
https://twitter.com/#%21/liltinglimesLL ‏ @liltinglimes RT @phildampier P Edward says Kate has taken to royal life "like a duck to water" Says HM delighted w/ her&how popular royals are in Jubilee
LL ‏ @liltinglimes
RT @phildampier: Edward says Queen will do all she can to protect Kate.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Could it be possible that the Queen is so protective toward Kate because of what happened with Diana? Perhaps she doesn't want the past to repeat itself? I've been wondering.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

That's got to be a major factor, I would think, and the game plan that was set into motion from the beginning. Wasn't the RF's intention all along to not repeat the mistakes of the past with Kate's entry into royal life? They've really made great strides in this direction, including Kate's several joint appearances with the Queen, as well the Queen wanting Wills and Kate to have a private life at the beginning of their marriage, much the same as she had with Philip.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Nobility

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-has-taken-to-royal-life-772492

Here is an article on Prince Edward's interview. He talks about Kate, the Diamond Jubilee, the Queen, and Prince Harry. Lovely article!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That's got to be a major factor, I would think, and the game plan that was set into motion from the beginning. Wasn't the RF's intention all along to not repeat the mistakes of the past with Kate's entry into royal life? They've really made great strides in this direction, including Kate's several joint appearances with the Queen, as well the Queen wanting Wills and Kate to have a private life at the beginning of their marriage, much the same as she had with Philip.
I have to agree. IMHO the British Royal Family's "Way Ahead" group had these plans in motion for whomever William or Harry would marry. Their future brides would be given all of the support and guidance that their mother and Sarah Ferguson believed they had not received.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Thomas recalls her meeting with the Duchess a few weeks back
Hockey: Sarah Thomas receives royal approval on her journey for Olympic gold - Olympics 2012 - Sports - WalesOnline
Old 03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-has-taken-to-royal-life-772492

Here is an article on Prince Edward's interview. He talks about Kate, the Diamond Jubilee, the Queen, and Prince Harry. Lovely article!
Very Nice article , Prince Harry Looks So Nice & Duchess Of Cambridge Looks Beautiful Too as always , Thank you for Posting Anna Catherine
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

That was an interesting article; nice to hear how the family feels about Kate and how their strategy is paying off in a successful transition to public life. Thanks for posting, Anna Catherine.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Kate's picturesque surprise for William's 30th
Kate's picturesque surprise for William's 30th | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Lunch guest Duchess of Cambridge is Pippa Middleton's confidanteThe
Quote:
Duchess of Cambridge may now live at Kensington Palace but she’s not too grand to make a return visit to her roots – in nearby Chelsea, of course. Friends say Kate frequently makes the trip to her old flat for lunch with sister Pippa, 28.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

It's nice that the sisters maintain their close relationship and I'm sure Kate sees her time with her sister as necessary escapes from her royal life as well as maintaining her close relationship with her family. But I can't get over the other story about Earl Spencer's daughter, Lady Amelia, kicking a man on crutches after a drunken night out. Oh, my, what a lady, indeed! Obviously having a title doesn't necessarily mean you have good upbringing!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

While I agree that Lady Amelia's behaviour was awful, I have some measure of sympathy for her. I mean, imagine having Earl Spencer as your father. How many ex-stepmothers and half siblings does she have at this stage? Given her father's actions it's hardly surprising she's acting out.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Majesty

I think it's great that Catherine and Pippa are able to see each other on relatively regular basis I'm sure Catherine could use someone she trusts at this point, to share confidences and maybe even some worries she may have about her role.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

£31k grant for drugs counsellor awarded by St James’ Place Foundation
http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news...gs_counsellor/
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate's a constant dyb dab hand at helping the Cubs
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
THE Duchess of Cambridge has been secretly volunteering for the Scouts since Christmas, helping to teach youngsters skills like putting up tents and lighting fires.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate's a constant dyb dab hand at helping the Cubs