The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Even the born royals admit to being scared when they first began undertaking engagements so it would be logical if Catherine is as well, although I honestly do not see it in her appearances to date.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you. If she has "nerves", she hides it very well IMO. She seems to be able to forget about herself when dealing with the public and acts like she hardly knows that the cameras and microphones are there. She's coping very well in a situation that would make any number of people completely freeze up.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I agree with you. If she has "nerves", she hides it very well IMO. She seems to be able to forget about herself when dealing with the public and acts like she hardly knows that the cameras and microphones are there. She's coping very well in a situation that would make any number of people completely freeze up.
I agree with you. If there's any nervousness, it's almost undetectable. To me, she looks confident and poised, and I only wish that I could look like that when I walk into a job interview. Whatever nervousness we do see comes across as almost endearing, and tells that she's indeed human. She's allowed to be nervous, and I think with a little more experience, we won't even notice whatever jitters she's experiencing during a public appearance.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agree, Kate's a natural when dealing with people, perhaps that was one of the many endearing qualities that William was attracted to in considering a wife and life partner?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Agree, Kate's a natural when dealing with people, perhaps that was one of the many endearing qualities that William was attracted to in considering a wife and life partner?
I don't think that she's excessively shy of being in the public eye. Wasn't it when William saw her modeling on a runway that he first realized "she's hot"? Of course there's no comparing modeling in a fashion show in front of your peers and doing official engagements with HM, but I do think Kate has natural self confidence.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

Normal, intelligent people feel less than super-confident when doing new things. It seems like anything that is less than super-confident is going to be denoted by some bystanders as 'insecure,' when in fact, very few people have a role in life that demands they appear constantly in public, at all. Most people do not have to stand in front of a crowd and speak or appear as a main player in a public gathering. Only a fnool would be completely secure about such things in their youth.

It takes new college professors at least 2-3 years (in my opinion) to lose that initial "insecurity" (without which they make absolutely no improvement in their delivery or style). The super-confident usually drop to the bottom of the pack, as they see no reason to improve themselves (there's always something to improve when one starts a new job). It takes 7-10 years for most people to appear confident "managing" their own public events and persona.

Indeed, people who think they are confident and have no self-criticisms are far more likely to be incompetent in some major area, in my view.

Kate seems not to be able to win with everyone and I never cease to be amazed at the lengths people will go to find fault with her...I assume the same people critique their local football team at length (if they are sports fans) and offer up "suggestions" to the tellie on an as-needed basis.

I understand completely noticing fashion details or expressing one's opinion about some observable feature of Kate's dress or demeanor. I just do not get how people sitting at home can discern the mental events inside Kate's head (whether she's "insecure" or "nervous" or not). Excitement and nerves look almost identical.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Now the Queen is taking style tips from Kate, Duchess of Cambridge
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It will most likely never happen in a million years but having recently been reading about Harry's official tour and some of the humorous aspects of the House of Windsor, it would be hilarious if all three ladies show up wearing Harry masks.

One thing I've noticed too about all three ladies is that neither one of them go in for a lot of bows, lace and fripperies when it comes to their outfits nor outlandish accessories. Wouldn't it be nice if the fashion trends for 2012 follow these ladies and we see a resurgence of simple yet elegant?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles mentors the Duchess of Cambridge ahead of a big week of engagements - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I've noticed too about all three ladies is that neither one of them go in for a lot of bows, lace and fripperies when it comes to their outfits nor outlandish accessories. Wouldn't it be nice if the fashion trends for 2012 follow these ladies and we see a resurgence of simple yet elegant?
I'll never forget this one "Man on the Street" interview done the day of the Wedding on Toronto CTV local news. They were asking what they thought of the Wedding and this one man said he was so happy to have someone in the public eye Kate's age and who acted and dressed w/grace, dignity and elegance. At least now there's someone famous his daughter could look up to and try to copy that didn't act like the daughters of a certain US Family w/a reality show and is famous for only that and/or dressed like someone on a street corner.

He's dead on w/that too. Not sure about 2012 Fashion trends, but I saw things changing a wee bit starting last summer. There were more clothing choices in the stores that were elegant and classy instead of the tacky and smutty clothing looks of the last six to seven years. In fact, one of the workers saw the shirts I was looking at in this one store and remarked they were *very* "Princess Kate".

I agreed w/her, but silently I added an "and Thank God for that!!"

When does she give her Speech? Thursday?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine gives her speech Monday the 19th.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I'll never forget this one "Man on the Street" interview done the day of the Wedding on Toronto CTV local news. They were asking what they thought of the Wedding and this one man said he was so happy to have someone in the public eye Kate's age and who acted and dressed w/grace, dignity and elegance. At least now there's someone famous his daughter could look up to and try to copy that didn't act like the daughters of a certain US Family w/a reality show and is famous for only that and/or dressed like someone on a street corner.

He's dead on w/that too. Not sure about 2012 Fashion trends, but I saw things changing a wee bit starting last summer. There were more clothing choices in the stores that were elegant and classy instead of the tacky and smutty clothing looks of the last six to seven years. In fact, one of the workers saw the shirts I was looking at in this one store and remarked they were *very* "Princess Kate".

I agreed w/her, but silently I added an "and Thank God for that!!"

When does she give her Speech? Thursday?
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think it's lovely to see someone who's young act, dress and carry herself with dignity, grace and elegance. You have to be born with it, but also need to have upbringing that encourages one to act like a lady. Catherine was lucky enough to have both. I love the fact that now when I go into women's clothing sections in stores, I can find things that are tasteful and not trashy that I won't even wear around the house. Catherine has brought back some much needed elegance and grace into our society.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

It is refreshing to see a young woman who is comfortable dressing how she likes. I like the fact that Catherine is such a wonderful dresser. Considering the clothing that is out there and what some young women are wearing she is a perfect role model for the young ones. I would love for the young girls to emulate not only Catherines style but her manners, her elegance, her grace. :)
Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

She dresses very well...and to me she dresses what she wants and what she likes...not what is in fashion, or too mucht Prada, etc etc...is she wants to buy some Zara dresses she can do it and she can pull it very well in a formal ceremony!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

So right now from what I'm hearing tomorrow's event is very hush hush but I will to try and get some info by tonight.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

It's great that the Queen is coordinating with Kate (and Kate's recent outfit - the one shown in the pictures in that article is indeed elegant and timeless). If that's what Kate is going for (and I think she is) her revisions of her makeup are perfect, and her color choices are great, although she could certainly branch out and still be timeless.

Anyway, I'm glad someone is letting Kate know her fashion choices are good ones!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Heir Apparent

This is weird I cannot seem to get any info on today's event. Not even approx times which is strange even for me. If I do hear anything in the next few hours I'll post in the BRF thread.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with today's engagement
Quote:
Chris Jackson ‏ @ChrisJack_Getty Early doors start for top secret job - very exciting!
Quote:
Dulwich Pic Gallery ‏ @DulwichGallery We're all ready for tomorrow's Royal Visit and the exhibition looks amazing, we hope they enjoy it - http://pic.twitter.com/rrQnZhM5
Quote:
Clarence House ‏ @ClarenceHouse .@DulwichGallery I am sure they will! The Prince is looking forward to showing his daughter-in-law the work of his charity @childrenandarts
Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Aristocracy

@RoyalReporter:

The Duchess of Cambridge is visiting the Olympic Park today and meeting the Team GB hockey team. She may have a go at the hockey.

Kate's visit to the Olympic Park was supposed to be a private visit but has now been turned into one with limited media coverage.

The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to don a tracksuit and play hockey with the Team GB ladies team today.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Gentry

@theroyaleditor #royal Kate will make private visit to primary school before joining Charles and Camilla for picture gallery gig later today.

I believe that might be wrong, seeing as Camilla has been at a primary school this morning and Kate seems to be doing what is below.

@RoyalReporter The Duchess of Cambridge is visiting the Olympic Park today and meeting the Team GB hockey team. She may have a go at the hockey.

@RoyalReporterKate's visit to the Olympic Park was supposed to be a private visit but has now been turned into one with limited media coverage.

@RoyalReporter The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to don a tracksuit and play hockey with the Team GB ladies team today.

Duchess of Cambridge to show sporty side on visit to London 2012 Olympic Park - Telegraph
Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

Duchess of Cambridge arriving at the hockey pitch
Duchess of Cambridge playing hockey