The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

If there was no need for secrecy for her private visits and actions, then there would be no need for her own protection officer. "Official" engagements normally mean that a lot of people are informed about her movements, so chances are much higher that she could be targeted, thus the need for more police attention. Which costs the taxpayer money and/or she needs police attention that could be focused elsewhere to protect the citizens.

Thus I really do wonder why the staunchest supporters of more care with taxpayers money (aka the media!) want to know more about what Catherine does in advance, as this woulkd increase the risk for her and the cost of avoiding that danger.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

My understanding is that protection officers are with the royals 24/7. Holidays, walking the dog, official visits - they are there

Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
My understanding is that protection officers are with the royals 24/7. Holidays, walking the dog, official visits - they are there
Yes, but local police who show up when there are crowds for an announced official visit would not be necessary on an unannounced private visit.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/SkyNewsRoyal"]

Another public appearance to look forward to.
Great news.... one busy lady!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Some info on why she wanted to give her first speech at this particular appearance
Quote:
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Kate spokesman said on EACH speech: "She wanted her first speech to be on topic she is affiliated to and which she is passionate."
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Some info on why she wanted to give her first speech at this particular appearance
[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/theroyaleditor"]
Makes perfect sense! Cannot wait! Catherine brings sunshine into every room she enters, to every person she meets.... I am sure she will be fantastic! The waves of joy will be enormous! Like I say, we'll need tissues, I am sure!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/theroyaleditor"]
I'm glad she's going this route. When one's passionate about something, one has more confidence and poise during the speech. I think she'll do fabulously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Makes perfect sense! Cannot wait! Catherine brings sunshine into every room she enters, to every person she meets.... I am sure she will be fantastic! The waves of joy will be enormous! Like I say, we'll need tissues, I am sure!
You said it ! I'm really looking forward to this appearance, especially her interactions with little ones and their families.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Nobility

ONE MORE EVENT ON THE 17 OF MARCH

The Duchess of Cambridge will present shamrock to the Irish Guards at the St Patrick’s Day Parade, Mons Barracks, Aldershot on March 17. The members of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards will receive traditional sprigs of shamrock from The Duchess of Cambridge at the St Patrick’s Day parade. 450 soldiers will march onto the parade square in full ceremonial uniform of scarlet tunics and bearskins. The Guards will be accompanied by the regimental mascot, Conmeal, an Irish Woolfhound, who will also receive his own sprig of shamrock from The Duchess.

The engagement includes a private meeting with senior personnel in the Officers’ Mess; the St Patrick’s Day parade at which The Duchess will present shamrocks to 40 Officers and Warrant Officers, who will then issue it along the ranks; HRH meeting members of the QS club, the Regiment Association and the Mini Micks cadets on the parade ground following the parade; HRH being photographed with 100 Sergeants and then with 40 Officers; HRH visiting 300 Guardsmen having lunch in the dining room; and a private meeting with past and present serving officers and their families. The engagement will finish with a private luncheon with officers at the Barracks.

Source: The British Royals Message Board
Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge to make her first public speech
Kate Middleton to make her first public speech - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Got some good news for y'all I got the timings for Thursday's appearance. The times are all UK timings. I'll also post them in the BRF current events thread in the morning since once again most of the chat on the day will prob occur there as was the case last time. I just thought I'd post it here as well. Royal route is revealed | This is Leicestershire
Alright night y'all.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Royal Highness

She's been working quite a lot... and it's not going to die down for her this year. My guess is that she and William will lie low for a few weeks when he gets back so they can have some alone time together, but I'm sure there will be a few joint engagements for the two of them soon after. And then in the coming months, they'll have their Olympic commitments and then their jubilee tour.

She may not be a full time working royal yet, but it looks like she's taking a pretty demanding part time role.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that's probably a correct timeline with Kate's activities, also. She's probably putting in a fair deal of appearances now so that when William comes home, they'll both stay out of the spotlight for a bit for some down time. Then as spring comes around, I'm sure the level of Jubilee appearances will pick up again.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was thinking after the wedding they made it seem like Kate would not be doing many Royal engagements. However, I think she has been quite busy, and her schedule seems to be steady and full. I'm sure she is looking forward to Prince Williams return, when is that exactly?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra
Prince Williams return, when is that exactly?
Depending on how they figure six weeks out, it's either today or the 15th.

Also, I believe Catherine is appearing due to it being the Jubilee year, they're involved in the tour and for them to just do overseas visits and ignore engagements at home would be costly. With William away as well, Catherine probably needed to look like she was doing something.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure Kate's pretty nervous tonight. Among other firsts, it'll be her first trip on the Royal Train.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC just posted the times for tomorrow with conversions for those who are on EST. For PST we're 3 hours behind the EST time posted.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...l67wo1_500.jpg

There is no way I'll be able to cover this one I have class in the morning so there is no way I can stay up till 3:30am but I'll be here prior to the actual appearance so any pre-appearance news I'll post.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm sure Kate's pretty nervous tonight. Among other firsts, it'll be her first trip on the Royal Train.
Oh that's very cool :) Hopefully she gets some nice time with HM and Prince Phillip. I've heard it said that the Royal Train is HM's most relaxing place.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

On another board, people were discussing some Unicef interview she gave and some people said she did bad. Does anyone know what interview she gave and if you have seen it what was your opinion of how she speaks?
The only time I have heard her talk was during the engagement interview, and a very small clip from a few years before. The only thing I can recall that she might need to work on is talking with her hands.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

She LooK Very Nice & Beautiful in This Picture
Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
On another board, people were discussing some Unicef interview she gave and some people said she did bad. Does anyone know what interview she gave and if you have seen it what was your opinion of how she speaks?
The only time I have heard her talk was during the engagement interview, and a very small clip from a few years before. The only thing I can recall that she might need to work on is talking with her hands.
It was like a quick question that they asked her out of the blue here it is.

She starts at 0:47