The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Duchess of Cambridge current events 1: 29 April 2011- 31 January 2012

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread #1

29 April 2011 - 31 January 2012

Catherine Middleton current events, covering the period November 2010 to 29 April 2011 can be found here.

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Commoner

I'm not quite sure if this should go in here or in the royal wedding part of the forum so please move it if needed.

Diário de Notícias
Kate Middleton já tem boneca vestida de noiva - Especiais - DN

And now for the hurried translation:

Kate Middleton already has a bridal doll

The replica of the Duchess of Cambridge on her wedding day costs 100 € and can be ordered online. It's handpainted and made out of porcelain.

The creative team at Ashton-Drake Galleries, a company that makes collection dolls in the US, created an almost exact replica of the bride Kate Middleton on her wedding day.
Only five hours after the world caught its first glimpse of prince William's bride leaving her car towards Westminster Abbey with her dress designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, the doll, the tiara and dress were ready.
the bride's replica, created by chief seamstress Ashton Drake and by designer Yermen Romero will start production briefly. Each porcelain doll will be handmade and carry a certificate of authenticity. The dolls can be ordered at the company's website at Collectible Dolls from The Ashton-Drake Galleries Online

Old 05-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Courtier

myroyal's: DUCHESS CATHER

Funnily enough, I was thinking that she might need to do some grocery shopping about now.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Housewife Catherine pushed a trolley out of a Waitrose supermarket at Menai Bridge near Anglesey today.
Kate heads down the aisle again | The Sun |News
Old 05-05-2011, 02:16 PM

She looks good with straight hair.

It cool those two are keeping it real.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Courtier

This has a lot of pictures...

Kate Middleton heads down the aisle again as she goes supermarket shopping - mirror.co.uk
Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 PM

They're still calling her Kate Middleton???

I thought the paparazzi didn't bother them on Anglesey. Guess not.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Housewife Catherine pushed a trolley out of a Waitrose supermarket at Menai Bridge near Anglesey today.
Kate heads down the aisle again | The Sun |News
I love it! How many Princesses/Duchesses have we seen do this?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

She might be a royal, but she's still got the common touch: Katie Middleton goes shopping... and even pushes her her own trolley | Mail Online

Catherine looks lovely, I like her with straight hair
Old 05-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Commoner

I think it's wonderful to see, Despite being Duchess of Cambridge she is still so down to earth and obviously enjoying life as a housewife. She looked great.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post

Maybe they were told that the royal housewife will show up at the local supermarket to prove her stay-at-home-without-servants ambition.
Kate looks rough, the housework must clearly be taking its toll.

With how many bodyguards did she show up there protecting herself and the world famous huge engagement ring?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post

Looks like at least one paparazzo didn't get the message. And look at how many news outlets picked up the pictures. He's certainly made his money's worth.

Also, I can't help laughing at the fact that the Daily Mail felt the need to blur out the face of Kate's protection officer in one of the photos!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton's waist slimmed down on Grazia royal wedding cover? | Mail Online
Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Looks like at least one paparazzo didn't get the message. And look at how many news outlets picked up the pictures. He's certainly made his money's worth.

Also, I can't help laughing at the fact that the Daily Mail felt the need to blur out the face of Kate's protection officer in one of the photos!
Nowadays it doesn't have to be someone who is officially a paparzzo. Anyone can take a photo send it to a photo agency and make a quick 40K. For all we know this could have been someone shopping though it does look like a regular pap shot.

In the Washington Post magazine they did an article about this guy who became a paparazzo, he took one particular picture (can't remember who) and it basically made him like 50K plus.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

It's wonderful to see the new princess continuing on her everyday life, but for their sake, I hope these photographers leave them alone. God knows Anglesey attracted them because it was in the middle of nowhere and out of prying eyes. Hopefully it's temporary...
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Nowadays it doesn't have to be someone who is officially a paparzzo. Anyone can take a photo send it to a photo agency and make a quick 40K. For all we know this could have been someone shopping though it does look like a regular pap shot.

In the Washington Post magazine they did an article about this guy who became a paparazzo, he took one particular picture (can't remember who) and it basically made him like 50K plus.
That's painfully true. I believe Princess Letizia mentioned that people take pictures of her daughters with their cell phones when she takes them out.

And with many people struggling in this economy, any way to make a quick buck will do.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade

Maybe they were told that the royal housewife will show up at the local supermarket to prove her stay-at-home-without-servants ambition.
Kate looks rough, the housework must clearly be taking its toll.
I thought maybe you were exaggerating but she really does look rough. If I didn't know any better I'd say she's hitting 40! Nothing about her life is hard so I don't understand why her face is so harsh, rough and old looking.

Anyways It's nice seeing her out and about:)
I like her hair and the poncho.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Courtier

I think it is the wieght loss, as soon as she puts a couple lbs back on she will look fuller and youthful again...in my opinion.. I dont' think she looks at all as bad as you put it though..
Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM

It was a very grey and rainy here in North Wales today. Nobody looks that great in that kind of light, plus she has minimal make up on. I'm sure when she starts to put some weight on she'll look better.

While I agree she should be left alone by the paps - if it was them and not some opportunist shopper, it's also very cool to see a Duchess doing her own supermarket shopping. :)
Old 05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

-------------------------------------------------------------

Again, the newspaper got it wrong. Although the Princess Elizabeth and Philip spent time together on Malta, they make it sound like it was a solid 2 years, which it was not.

No one can get anything right these days. (yes, I'm crabby right now!!!) LOL