The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer said on Twitter that Clarence House had advised him there was no truth in the story of Kate taking on the PWRR role.

oh. thanks for your answer. i m diana fan with all my life and heart, would be a nice for me if kate taking on that role, it's true she ins't the princess of wales, but she is the daughter-in law of the late princess of wales. only is my opinion.

I would wait for more evidence before totally believing in that Middleton Mustique holiday. No pictures so far. The blog post seems to have originated from a tweet of a girl who said her dad flew "kate middleton & her family" to the Caribbean, and proceeded to say "the middletons and a couple of royals, i don't know which one." Another tweet mentioned that they were on the same flight as Pippa, but didn't mention Kate. So far I haven't seen any more sightings.

Also, Kate was spotted around London on Wednesday, so I'm not sure if the blog author was simply mistaken and meant they flew out Thursday. Either way, I'd wait for more evidence. Remember that this blog author was the one who first "leaked" that Kate was "pregnant" and started the craziness in Twitter.

On a side note: I think it would be really nice if Kate indeed joined her family in Mustique. They're such a close set, and God knows she'll need their continued support if she's to survive this very challenging life ahead.

Don't see why Catherine can't shop just because she's 'supposed' to be a housewife.

True Lumutqueen..and what futile utterings..LOL!...What state of affairs...;) :lol:...next week she'll shop at C&A for all the world cares for...good...

I like how the article above kept harping on the bodyguards that are paid by the taxpayers. The taxpayers are paying for the bodyguards whether Kate is in Mustique or in Wales.

Where are the photos- if there is a pack of photographers following Pippa and every cellphone has a camera. The Middletons & Kate in Heathrow should get some snaps.

With the saber rattling from the Argentines, I wonder if Wills will go convertly to the Falklands like Harry did in Afghanstan. No annoucement, just go.

Noticed that, too. LOL. Remember that the blog author has had some legal trouble over tennis pictures with the Middletons (believed to have been pushed by William) 2 Christmases ago. I hear his practice has been curtailed severely. He's been quite vocal in his views on the lack of "free press." So I guess he'd naturally be a little spiteful about things...

As for William's deployment to the Falklands, last I heard he'll still go despite worsening of situation with the Argentines...

Noticed that, too. LOL. Remember that the blog author has had some legal trouble over tennis pictures with the Middletons (believed to have been pushed by William) 2 Christmases ago. I hear his practice has been curtailed severely. He's been quite vocal in his views on the lack of "free press." So I guess he'd naturally be a little spiteful about things...

As for William's deployment to the Falklands, last I heard he'll still go despite worsening of situation with the Argentines...

There's no worsening of a situation,there's just a few moving a lot of air,that's all.Will be of no effect on William going on a mission.

There's no worsening of a situation,there's just a few moving a lot of air,that's all.Will be of no effect on William going on a mission.

I thought he's going for training rather than a mission. Is that not so? Unless training is a mission.

I thought he's going for training rather than a mission. Is that not so? Unless training is a mission.

His deployment is part of his training. There is no 'mission'.

The most we see of Kate is shopping in London (if these articles are to be believed) and not leading a private life in Wales (as always indicated they would do), let alone working.

Everyone keeps forgetting that she is also taking 'Princess Lessons'. She probably would'nt do that in wales. I'm sure she spends most of the week in wales, then a few days in London with those lessons, and more than likely she is studying things that has to do with the charity/patron work. They don't just go to places and shake hands. They learn about what each organization does, who does it, who it helps, how she can help them do better or more through her position... there is a lot to it I imagine, besides learning whom to curtsy to etc.

My thoughts would be that in this type of a situation one would say that Kate's mother in law was A Princess of Wales as there is a current wife of The Prince of Wales that holds the title? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can help out here?

Point is that AFAIK the regiment was not named for Diana but is a regiment in honour of the dynastic position of the wife of The Prince of Wales as the future queen. It is true that Catherine's mother-in-law, William's mother was The Princess of Wales during her marriage to The Prince of Wales but that has no consequences when it comes to Royal honours or other herediary rights. In that case, the only important point is that William as Catherine's husband is the heir to The Prince of Wales and thus she is in apparent line to become queen consort one day if she lives to see William's ascension and is still married to him.

Looks like Kate is off to the islands with all the Middletons! FUN~

At least the duchess of Cambridge will have nothing but sun and fun and be able to escape London weather and the royal duties for a little while.

I wonder if it's true that she's on vacation. There are no pictures and it does seem an odd time to go away.

Great sweater! And retail therapy is so much better, for some of us, than the kind on the couch - you actually get to take a great sweater (or in my case, handbag) home with you!

Kate on holiday :whistling: The royal life certainly is a hard life!
Kate Middleton leaves Prince William in Anglesey as she jets off for Caribbean family holiday | Mail Online

I am looking forward to Kate actually doing some work (aside from movie or theater premiers).

Didn't the Middleton family always do some kind of a vacation around this time of the year? This really is probably the best time for Kate to get away for a few days of relaxation and its really nice for Kate to be able to spend some quality time with her family.

Once February (which I call the Month of Mondays) sets in, William has his trip to the Fauklands as his main priority and I think we'll see Kate starting to do some royal engagements on her own or with HM. The rest of this year is going to be quite busy with the Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Olympic Games

Kate on holiday :whistling: The royal life certainly is a hard life!
Kate Middleton leaves Prince William in Anglesey as she jets off for Caribbean family holiday | Mail Online

I am looking forward to Kate actually doing some work (aside from movie or theater premiers).

Problem is that with a Royal you don't actually see them "working", you only see them at their engagements. Or do you wait till you see her serve cocktails to HM's guests dressed in a nice maid's uniform? :ROFLMAO:

Few galas, concert, premiere, Christmas, NY's break and now vacations. I never consider Kate as a hard-working woman but now she's part of RF and should show that she really deserved for this. I was hoping that she will start work with her patronages but I was wrong. I'm disappointed with her.

Few galas, concert, premiere, Christmas, NY's break and now vacations. I never consider Kate as a hard-working woman but now she's part of RF and should show that she really deserved for this. I was hoping that she will start work with her patronages but I was wrong. I'm disappointed with her.

I'm not in the least disappointed. I don't see working for The Firm as being constantly in the public eye though. What made her deserving of being a member of the Royal Family was one thing.... William loved her and asked her to be his wife. She is his consort and that's her main responsibility I think right now. She will grow into her royal responsibilities as the Firm sees fit. What aspect I do think will be so wonderful is that with the DoE slowing down on his engagements, perhaps tagging along with HM on some engagements is going to be learning the ropes hands on from the most professional, most dedicated monarch on the planet. Will be a delight to witness I'm sure. :flowers:

I'm not in the least disappointed. I don't see working for The Firm as being constantly in the public eye though. What made her deserving of being a member of the Royal Family was one thing.... William loved her and asked her to be his wife. She is his consort and that's her main responsibility I think right now. She will grow into her royal responsibilities as the Firm sees fit. What aspect I do think will be so wonderful is that with the DoE slowing down on his engagements, perhaps tagging along with HM on some engagements is going to be learning the ropes hands on from the most professional, most dedicated monarch on the planet. Will be a delight to witness I'm sure. :flowers:

I agree with Osipi. Just because we don't see her 24/7 doesn't mean she's sitting around watching TV and eating bon bons. As we all know Diana complained that she was thrown into royal duty and did not know or understand what she was supposed to do. The Firm does not want the same thing to happen to Catherine. If Clarence House says it's giving Kate princess lessons (or something to that affect), who are we to disagree and presume something else. Course, people will always want to believe what they want to believe.

I agree with Osipi. Just because we don't see her 24/7 doesn't mean she's sitting around watching TV and eating bon bons. As we all know Diana complained that she was thrown into royal duty and did not know or understand what she was supposed to do. The Firm does not want the same thing to happen to Catherine. If Clarence House says it's giving Kate princess lessons (or something to that affect), who are we to disagree and presume something else. Course, people will always want to believe what they want to believe.
From what we saw she had enough free time to shop, have hair done and walking with William and puppy through Welsh beaches. I don't expect that she'll work as hard as other CP but she should work more. Vacations after work not before.

:previous:I can see how you might be a bit disappointed that Catherine isn't doing more public engagements (although as previously explained by Clarence House she is not going to be a full time toyal for some time) but criticizing her for walking on the beach as opposed to doing royal duties, that's a bit of stretch isnt' it?

From what we saw she had enough free time to shop, have hair done and walking with William and puppy through Welsh beaches. I don't expect that she'll work as hard as other CP but she should work more. Vacations after work not before.

Do you work 24 hours a day 7 days a week? I don't. I take walks on the beach, shop, and do lots of other things when I'm not working. Royals should be afforded the same curtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom