The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I hope its not true that Kate went shopping and bought this ugly sweater for so much money. Isnt she supposed to be a housewife in Wales?

Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I hope its not true that Kate went shopping and bought this ugly sweater for so much money. Isnt she supposed to be a housewife in Wales?
Don't see why Catherine can't shop just because she's 'supposed' to be a housewife.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
... I'm trying to connect what the one has to do with the other and I'm drawing a complete blank.

She can't buy clothes now? Why?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The most we see of Kate is shopping in London (if these articles are to be believed) and not leading a private life in Wales (as always indicated they would do), let alone working.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The most we see of Kate is shopping in London (if these articles are to be believed) and not leading a private life in Wales (as always indicated they would do), let alone working.
She doesn't work in Wales. Her work with charities is in London, that's where her office is. When she is in Wales, she is just the wife of a serving officer who can afford to "keep" her as a housewife.

It has been claimed that Catherine will take over some Royal duties from the Duke of Edinburgh in the Jubilee Year - so there might be a reason for her to be in London: to be informed about what is requested from her.

Oh, and she goes shopping. That I do believe. Probably on her way from Buckingham Palace back to Kensington Palace. What I don't necessarily believe is that she bought this ugly top till I actually see her wearing it. For me it is bad enough that so many women immediately try to buy the same clothes that Catherine possesses but that we are now already informed (without proof!) what she supposedly bought is a bit much and borders on product placement by the media.

If they continue to report such things, Catherine will have to stop doing her shopping herself and will need professional shoppers who oreselect things- this would remove her a bit more from the refreshing "as much normality as possible"-lifestyle that I personally like very much. So let her shop but stop to report about it!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duchess of Cambridge to be Honorary Colonel of PWRR

this is true????
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

I hope not. it's connected with Pss of wales title and should stay in this form IMO.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I hope not. it's connected with Pss of wales title and should stay in this form IMO.
Well the current colonel in chief is Queen Margrethe of Denmark. I agree that Catherine should not be the honorary colonel as she is not The Princess of Wales, so it should go to Camilla then Catherine.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't know about Margrethe, thanks Lumutqueen. I'm learning during my whole life.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Richard Palmer said on Twitter that Clarence House had advised him there was no truth in the story of Kate taking on the PWRR role.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I dunno if this falls under here. I wonder if she'll attend since she is patron for EACH
Duchess of Cambridge invited to charity sale - Princess Diana Remembered
Old 01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I dunno if this falls under here. I wonder if she'll attend since she is patron for EACH
Duchess of Cambridge invited to charity sale - Princess Diana Remembered
Personally I think it would be very fitting for Kate to attend this function for several reasons if it fits into her schedule of upcoming events.

To be there and participate in something that remembers and honors the late Diana, Princess of Wales would be very touching.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Personally I think it would be very fitting for Kate to attend this function for several reasons if it fits into her schedule of upcoming events.

To be there and participate in something that remembers and honors the late Diana, Princess of Wales would be very touching.
You summed it up well. I hope she attends. It is a good cause.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Ikon Pictures: The Duchess of Cambridge flies to the Caribbean on holiday
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

No Wills in Mustique? Puppy Sitting ? You would think that they would want to spend as much time together before he goes to the Falklands. I like how the article above kept harping on the bodyguards that are paid by the taxpayers. The taxpayers are paying for the bodyguards whether Kate is in Mustique or in Wales.

Where are the photos- if there is a pack of photographers following Pippa and every cellphone has a camera. The Middletons & Kate in Heathrow should get some snaps.

With the saber rattling from the Argentines, I wonder if Wills will go convertly to the Falklands like Harry did in Afghanstan. No annoucement, just go.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Majesty

William has work and most likely wasn't able to get the time off, but that's just my guess.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Richard Palmer said on Twitter that Clarence House had advised him there was no truth in the story of Kate taking on the PWRR role.
oh. thanks for your answer. i m diana fan with all my life and heart, would be a nice for me if kate taking on that role, it's true she ins't the princess of wales, but she is the daughter-in law of the late princess of wales. only is my opinion.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Aristocracy

I would wait for more evidence before totally believing in that Middleton Mustique holiday. No pictures so far. The blog post seems to have originated from a tweet of a girl who said her dad flew "kate middleton & her family" to the Caribbean, and proceeded to say "the middletons and a couple of royals, i don't know which one." Another tweet mentioned that they were on the same flight as Pippa, but didn't mention Kate. So far I haven't seen any more sightings.

Also, Kate was spotted around London on Wednesday, so I'm not sure if the blog author was simply mistaken and meant they flew out Thursday. Either way, I'd wait for more evidence. Remember that this blog author was the one who first "leaked" that Kate was "pregnant" and started the craziness in Twitter.

On a side note: I think it would be really nice if Kate indeed joined her family in Mustique. They're such a close set, and God knows she'll need their continued support if she's to survive this very challenging life ahead.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Don't see why Catherine can't shop just because she's 'supposed' to be a housewife.
True Lumutqueen..and what futile utterings..LOL!...What state of affairs... ...next week she'll shop at C&A for all the world cares for...good...
Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I like how the article above kept harping on the bodyguards that are paid by the taxpayers. The taxpayers are paying for the bodyguards whether Kate is in Mustique or in Wales.

Where are the photos- if there is a pack of photographers following Pippa and every cellphone has a camera. The Middletons & Kate in Heathrow should get some snaps.

With the saber rattling from the Argentines, I wonder if Wills will go convertly to the Falklands like Harry did in Afghanstan. No annoucement, just go.
Noticed that, too. LOL. Remember that the blog author has had some legal trouble over tennis pictures with the Middletons (believed to have been pushed by William) 2 Christmases ago. I hear his practice has been curtailed severely. He's been quite vocal in his views on the lack of "free press." So I guess he'd naturally be a little spiteful about things...

As for William's deployment to the Falklands, last I heard he'll still go despite worsening of situation with the Argentines...