The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I thought maybe you were exaggerating but she really does look rough. If I didn't know any better I'd say she's hitting 40! Nothing about her life is hard so I don't understand why her face is so harsh, rough and old looking.

Anyways It's nice seeing her out and about:)
I like her hair and the poncho.
I think that is a bold statement to make, have you had an insight in her agenda for the last couple of months? I think it's easy judging when on the sideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post

I think it is the wieght loss, as soon as she puts a couple lbs back on she will look fuller and youthful again...in my opinion.. I dont' think she looks at all as bad as you put it though..
I agree.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

Nothing about her life is hard? She's judged by millions of people daily whenever she walks out of the house. If she doesn't look the part, the way we imagine her, she's criticized for it. In the grand scheme of things compared to a homeless person or an underemployed person she might seem to have no care in the world but everyone has something to worry about and pressures they're put under.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann

I think it is the wieght loss, as soon as she puts a couple lbs back on she will look fuller and youthful again...in my opinion.. I dont' think she looks at all as bad as you put it though..
Or it could be stress and genetics. If she is stressing I hope she'll stop. I'm just saying she's to pretty to be looking like that.

Okay I'm going to explain myself: When I say nothing about her life is hard I mean she doesn't have to worry about bills. She doesn't have to clean her house. She doesn't have to worry about paying rent. She doesn't have to worry about where her next meal is coming from. No worries about putting clothes on her back. No worries about taking care of her kids. She doesn't have to worry about having no hot water...or even running water for that matter. She doesn't have to worry about gas prices. She doesn't have to work her butt off or sell drugs just to make a dollar. The list can go on and on. You get the picture.

So yes her life is not hard. It's frustrating being scrutinized and in front of the cameras but not hard. What I described above is hard.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I 've found Kate's looks "harsh"(from shopping pics on Daily Mail).It seems she's getting back on Earth after all the stress around the wedding ,but at the same time I have a feeling she's not too happy by the supposed separation from William during his duty on Falklands.
But I'm very sure she'll enjoy their tour in summer to Canada and US.By the way,does anyone know if they pass by in Quebec(Montreal)?
Anyway,Kate is very natural and this is admirable feature
Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Or it could be stress and genetics. If she is stressing I hope she'll stop. I'm just saying she's to pretty to be looking like that.
There's like ONE bad shot where there are shaddows on her face (under her eyes, etc...) She looks great in the rest. Anyone who thinks she looks terrible or old, have one of your friends surprise photograph you on your way into the grocery store and we'll see how good you look!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Okay I'm going to explain myself: When I say nothing about her life is hard I mean she doesn't have to worry about bills. She doesn't have to clean her house. She doesn't have to worry about paying rent. She doesn't have to worry about where her next meal is coming from. No worries about putting clothes on her back. No worries about taking care of her kids. She doesn't have to worry about having no hot water...or even running water for that matter. She doesn't have to worry about gas prices. She doesn't have to work her butt off or sell drugs just to make a dollar. The list can go on and on. You get the picture.

So yes her life is not hard. It's frustrating being scrutinized and in front of the cameras but not hard. What I described above is hard.
I agree, it is stress and the weight loss..although she was always thin she had a round young healthy face. When she lost them two dress sizes(as reported) she lost alot of weight from her face.. she might not have all the worries that we do but, she was shopping for her own food and I think she is cooking and cleaning(as reported not that I can't be 100%) but, what is hard for you or me is diffrent story to her now. Can you even think of the stress that has come along with being William's girlfriend and now wife,,the weight of what must be expected of her, The wedding was the first act of a life long play..
but I agree with you about not having to suffer for things the way some do..but i dont think it is genetics look at her mother...and the father is nice looking for and older man.

just saying apples and oranges, happy posting!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick

There's like ONE bad shot where there are shaddows on her face (under her eyes, etc...) She looks great in the rest. Anyone who thinks she looks terrible or old, have one of your friends surprise photograph you on your way into the grocery store and we'll see how good you look!
Lol that was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann

I agree, it is stress and the weight loss..although she was always thin she had a round young healthy face. When she lost them two dress sizes(as reported) she lost alot of weight from her face.. she might not have all the worries that we do but, she was shopping for her own food and I think she is cooking and cleaning(as reported not that I can't be 100%) but, what is hard for you or me is diffrent story to her now. Can you even think of the stress that has come along with being William's girlfriend and now wife,,the weight of what must be expected of her in the times to come. The shadow of a mother-in-law she will never know but the world will never forget. just saying apples and oranges happy posting

but I agree with you about not having to suffer for things the way some do..but i dont think it is genetics look at her mother...and the father is nice looking for and older man.
I totally understand what you're saying. I was just trying emphasize the hard life that some go through and the life she doesn't have to worry about. But I do agree, I'm thankful I'm not in her position. That can be emotionally terrifying :)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Nobility

I wish people would leave her alone and not pick everything little thing
apart.
Hope this is an exception to the press finding her.

This is just a natural pretty girl.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
I wish people would leave her alone and not pick everything little thing
apart.
Hope this is an exception to the press finding her.

This is just a natural pretty girl.

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to happen because people will buy the rags and other publications that have stories about her and so the gutter press will write them. As the industry is sooooooo competitive the better publications will also have to print them or lose market share so we will be subjected to many stories.

In addition it isn't just the paparzzi any more. A lot of people with mobile phones take pictures and can send them through to the press or simply upload them onto the internet.

Unless they remain totally holed up inside their home pictures will appear on the internet regularly - even if not actually in the press.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Courtier

I should look so "harsh". :)

Actually, she is probably still tired from all the tumult of the past few months and just now beginning to be able to relax. Whatever .... she is a beautiful girl, no matter how people try to spin it. There will always be pictures taken that are less than flattering.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Im not sure why people can be harsh on Kate or surprised that she is out grocery shopping. I don't get what the big deal is, William & Kate didn't seem like they were getting tons of staff to do it for them. Kate has expressed that she wanted to be a housewife & if she enjoys doing that with the house shopping, then good for her.

She looked like any other person going to the store, dressed casually & no make up.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks lovely and she still have that normal look and I really really hope that she never loses this espontaneity
Old 05-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Maybe they were told that the royal housewife will show up at the local supermarket to prove her stay-at-home-without-servants ambition.
Kate looks rough, the housework must clearly be taking its toll.

With how many bodyguards did she show up there protecting herself and the world famous huge engagement ring?
Depends on who you want to believe - between one to five protection officers...

I don't think she looks rough at all, just a bit pensive in some pics. Well, she is not a young bride anymore but how she looks is surely only William's affair - he must enjoy looking at her. We all others are just onlookers...
Especially as there is no guarantee that these pics are in fact fresh. They could have been taken weeks before the wedding and would not look any different. Maybe one of the paparazzi already had the pics and got tired of waiting for her to show up somewhere.

But if it is really from yesterday then for her it's surely a public appearance and I bet she is hoping that the newsworthiness of her going shopping will wane and wane fast.

I like the pic where she is talking to the people. She's really nice.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Maybe they were told that the royal housewife will show up at the local supermarket to prove her stay-at-home-without-servants ambition.

With how many bodyguards did she show up there protecting herself and the world famous huge engagement ring?

I wonder where five protection officers live?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:

Wasn't she living with William for a few months? I would've expect when she was that she + help of William were doing things around the house
As for the bodyguards, I would think she had one with her at the time, She doesn't have a choice to leave or not with or without one now.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
I wonder where five protection officers live?

There was a report some time ago that they live in the garage and that Kate had given them a kettle or something like that.

I am sure that they have acceptable accommodation and more than a kettle but this report was before the engagement announcement when the media were all 'waity Katey'
Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Commoner

I think Kate looked great while spotted out grocery shopping. Throughout the coverage of the wedding I heard several reporters comment on how youthful she looks, I would say she looks her age but no more, We have no idea what stress she may be under as everyone will recall about Diana no one knew the toll royal life was taking on her personally.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There was a report some time ago that they live in the garage and that Kate had given them a kettle or something like that.

I am sure that they have acceptable accommodation and more than a kettle but this report was before the engagement announcement when the media were all 'waity Katey'
I am curious where the protection officers sleep as well. From what I read of earlier reports, Kate had set up a small refridgerator, a hot plate and space heater in the garage for them so they could have their tea and stay warm. If there are indeed five, I would think the P.O.'s work in shifts, with those off duty or on standby staying at regular accomodations. I would think a mobile home on the property would be the best way to accomodate them. I have to wonder if the number of P.O.'s is accurate though. Five for one person seems excessive unless travelling on official duties.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Nobility

Has she not pushed a shopping cart before?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
Has she not pushed a shopping cart before?
It's new to us that we actually see a royal doing that

I don't mind; although she is in a very different position, she is still a human being - just like us. She can't live off the air either.