The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what the source had to say. Who better? Interesting article.

Nice of Pippa and Alex to come visit! Glad to see that the Middletons remain part of Kate's life. They seem to be such a solid family and are undoubtedly huge support to Kate.

Kate looks lovely and relaxed and it's nice to see her little sis taking a stroll with her. I'm also glad to read that she's got a seasoned and experienced protection officer, too.

It worried me initially to think Kate would have to be so far away from her family, but it's nice to see them going visit her.

This photography agency is the same that always takes pics of her leaving the supermarket. Funny enough, they are an American agency. British ones don't cross 'this' line. Go figure

Just spotted this really good arnticle in the Daily telegraph. I hope it will go a little way in reducing any criticism in how long it's taking to develope her charitable interests and what she is doing with her time. Duchess of Cambridge signs up for Prince Charles's fight to prevent more riots - Telegraph
I hope this is the right place to post this, I was debating to put it in both there current affairs but went for this, apologies if this was wrong.

Just spotted this really good arnticle in the Daily telegraph. I hope it will go a little way in reducing any criticism in how long it's taking to develope her charitable interests and what she is doing with her time. Duchess of Cambridge signs up for Prince Charles's fight to prevent more riots - Telegraph
I hope this is the right place to post this, I was debating to put it in both there current affairs but went for this, apologies if this was wrong.

I read this earlier in the day, and thought that Catherine is choosing a good cause to work with. She wants to make a difference, and this area will definitely allow for that. Looking forward to watching her involvement and ideas.

:previous: Kate's on her way to supporting some good causes: first, the anti-bullying charity, "Beatbullying," and now this anti-riot campaign. Looks like she's on the right track to foster some good in this world and I'm sure we'll see similar interests on her agenda as she steps more into the public eye.

Last edited:
:previous: Kate's on her way to supporting some good causes: first, the anti-bullying charity, "Beatbullying," and now this anti-riot campaign. Looks like she's on the right track to foster some good in this world and I'm sure we'll see similar interests on her agenda as she steps more into the public eye.

I like the charities she has chosen so far. It appears she is passionate about what causes she wants to support.

Wow, she carries her own bags like everybody else, newsworthy!:lol::rolleyes:

I don't quite get the headline either. If this is news, then perhaps me carrying my own braille writer once I start working should land me the nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize :lol:.

Imagine if Kate had someone carrying her bags for her. Oh, what an outcry there would have been that she's too royal to carry her own stuff! :whistling:

Imagine if Kate had someone carrying her bags for her. Oh, what an outcry there would have been that she's too royal to carry her own stuff! :whistling:

I think this is another example of 'damned if she does and damned if she doesn't'. I think it's normal that she carries her own bags. She didn't grow up with household staff, so she can fend for herself. I think it's something automatic. Of course if it were something ridiculously heavy, like a piece of furniture, I'd hope that there'd be someone to help her out (even those rolling office chairs can be a little on the cumbersome side :lol:).

I'm pretty sure that the security guards are not to be distracted by carrying bags and other non-security related activities. I suspect they are there to look for threats and to concentration on nothing else.

@csw: I think so, too. Kate has been photographed carrying much heavier load than that, and always seem to return shopping carts to the parking bay herself. If she had a lady-in-waiting, that may have been a job for her. But bodyguards, I think, are there primarily there to protect.

That said, it's great to hear that Kate continues to spend time with her family. They're a tight bunch and undeniably a major source of strength and support.

it was Pippa's birthday so I suppose it's the reason why she was in her family, to celebrate

I'm pretty sure that the security guards are not to be distracted by carrying bags and other non-security related activities. I suspect they are there to look for threats and to concentration on nothing else.

Good point about the security guards. They can't be surveilling for threats if their attention is diverted by carrying and stashing packages.

Last edited:
I believe that is just the case during royal engagements....to free up the hands of the royal ladies so that they can continue to greet people from flowers, gifts and the like that are handed to them during walkabouts.

That is not the case on private time when she is shopping and fully capable herself.

Well said. I had this same discussion with my Mom a while back. People complain when she does things on her own but if she had people doing for her they would complain about that. Just like they complained about spending on her outfits, but also complained at the same time about her reusing some outfits. I'm like what do you want her to do? Like you said, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

I think this is another example of 'damned if she does and damned if she doesn't'. I think it's normal that she carries her own bags. She didn't grow up with household staff, so she can fend for herself. I think it's something automatic. Of course if it were something ridiculously heavy, like a piece of furniture, I'd hope that there'd be someone to help her out (even those rolling office chairs can be a little on the cumbersome side :lol:).

@csw: I think so, too. Kate has been photographed carrying much heavier load than that, and always seem to return shopping carts to the parking bay herself. If she had a lady-in-waiting, that may have been a job for her. But bodyguards, I think, are there primarily there to protect.

That said, it's great to hear that Kate continues to spend time with her family. They're a tight bunch and undeniably a major source of strength and support.

No pictures have surface yet?

:previous: There are some pictures on the Duchess of Cambridge daytime fashion thread, part 4, of her shopping in Hungerford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom