The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
The Daily Mail has a new article about Chelsy. I guess they are trying to derail her into the doghouse with the whole party girl stuff, but the pics are actually funny. I assume they are a bit old because the article says they were taken while she was still in Cape Town. They also look like private pictures. So I guess this "best friend" of Chelsy is not so faithful, given that her pics have been sold to the Daily Mail. The whole thing has a foul stinch.
Not what the doctor ordered: Post-op Chelsy is back partying on the double | the Daily Mail

Good heavens, if this girl will ever marry into the RF she will certainly even put good old Fergie in the shadows. But at least she seems as fond of alcohol as Harry, so that would be a plus for him. Unbelievably tacky.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Good heavens, if this girl will ever marry into the RF she will certainly even put good old Fergie in the shadows. But at least she seems as fond of alcohol as Harry, so that would be a plus for him. Unbelievably tacky.
It's not like she posed for those pictures though: if I go through pictures from the parties I was on with my friends, I would probably find quite similar pictures. You don't expect your friends will sell you to the Media, do you? Chelsy might have been mistaken about one of them.

And going to clubs with friends, especially right before your departure to another country, can hardly be considered strange for a girl of her age.

We do seem to agree that Chelsy genuinly does care for Harry though.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think that she will start to know now what is media and how mucht trouble media can do to her life! It seams that they will follow her around everywhere she go!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Nobility

My tongue on some girls ta tas? I can thumb through all of my old party pictures and count on it that you won't find one of those.

Chugging two flutes of champagne??? Take your pick of either one of those pictures for the tea towels.

Ugh. Vulgar.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
It's not like she posed for those pictures though: if I go through pictures from the parties I was on with my friends, I would probably find quite similar pictures. You don't expect your friends will sell you to the Media, do you? Chelsy might have been mistaken about one of them.

And going to clubs with friends, especially right before your departure to another country, can hardly be considered strange for a girl of her age.

We do seem to agree that Chelsy genuinly does care for Harry though.
Well,with the toe-sucking of Fergie wasn't exactly posing either, more of a private party. And still it was not one of her better moments .

If this relationship would be serious one would expect Chelsey to have a more discrete group of friends and a more discrete way of behaving. I never had the inclination to bend over and show my behind to the camera with my friends. Not now and not when I was Chelsey's age either. Anyway, I hope this relationship will only get more serious when: .
Old 09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Courtier

The photos from Chelsy arriving at Leeds are quite nice. She has a fashion sense, that's for sure, even if it's not something some would wear, it's very in touch with this generation!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 PM

I wanted to go look at the Daily Mail article again to see what the fuss was about, but it looks like Femail took it off line. Luckily for us, whu.teamhighgrove.com put them on their site in Chelsy album.
Looking at them again more intently, I have some thoughts.
1) She's 21,22 and looks like she was drinking a lot at that party. When I was 21,22 I was still drinking like a fish and sometimes being sick and I didn't even have Chelsy's social range or finances.
2) Chugging two champagne flutes must have been a joke. She looks pretty loaded in that pic and you know how the drunker you get, the more stupid your jokes are.
3) Showing your bum for the camera is a silly young girlish thing to do at a drunken party, but I'll bet the thing lasted about two seconds, before they were back up and laughing like hyenas.

I totally understand the view of Marengo because I agree that it's childish, stupid behavior. At the same time, however, I think it's pretty normal for many 20-something's to behave like idiots. There are some people who grow up faster, and by 20s they are not acting like this, but still plenty of people who act like that into their 20s. I was one of them of the dumb ones. When I see people that age nowadays, sometimes I can't even believe we belong to the same species.

Bear in mind also that Chelsy has come from an extremely cared-for existence. She has her tuition paid for and her father pays for her to have bodyguards and pays for her to live and eat, clothe herself. He no doubt pays for her manicures, pedicures, hair styles, and everything else. That leaves Chelsy with nothing to worry about except keeping a good Grade Point Average (or whatever it's called in South Africa and the UK). She doesn't have to go to a job to pay for anything, so when she is through with studying, what does she do? Sit around twiddling her thumbs? No, no no!
She goes to parties! She goes shopping, to coffee shops, to bars and drinks (too much probably, as these 20-somethings often do). Not having all of the worries common for less privileged people, she might mature a bit slower. I mean, she won't have to "grow up" as quickly as other people, so why would she? Lord, if I could have put off growing up, I think I would have done!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Please explain to me why her mom is in Leeds? Doesn't they lived in South Africa?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:45 AM

I think mainly they do live in south Africa, with a couple of homes in the Cape Town area and elsewhere in southern Africa, i.e. Zimbabwe. They have an island home somewhere off Mozambique too, don't they?
Maybe her mom went to visit for her first week of the new school. I didn't notice her in the pics, but then I don't really have a strong image of her in my mind. I thought I saw her at the Diana concert next to her Shaun but wasn't sure.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well,with the toe-sucking of Fergie wasn't exactly posing either, more of a private party. And still it was not one of her better moments .

If this relationship would be serious one would expect Chelsey to have a more discrete group of friends and a more discrete way of behaving. I never had the inclination to bend over and show my behind to the camera with my friends. Not now and not when I was Chelsey's age either. Anyway, I hope this relationship will only get more serious when: .
Well, Sarah was still The Duchess of York. Chelsy is still Chelsy Davy.

But I would agree with your points, if the pictures were recent. But they are not.
Daily Mail tries to pass them as relatively new (a couple of months old) but at least two of those pictures were taken at more then a year ago. If Chelsy is pictured like that in London (or Leeds), I would agree with you that she should know the Media is going after any unflattering picture of her.
But Harry has managed to 'shield' Chelsy from the Media quite well so far. And that might have given her false sense of security.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I think mainly they do live in south Africa, with a couple of homes in the Cape Town area and elsewhere in southern Africa, i.e. Zimbabwe. They have an island home somewhere off Mozambique too, don't they?
Maybe her mom went to visit for her first week of the new school. I didn't notice her in the pics, but then I don't really have a strong image of her in my mind. I thought I saw her at the Diana concert next to her Shaun but wasn't sure.
Beverley Davy is indeed in Leeds with Chelsy to help Chelsy get settled in. It is probably just a way of showing Chelsy that her parents are still available for helping her if she needs it. Moving from cape Town to Leeds six thousand miles away is ahuge step especially on your own. I haven't seen Shaun anywhere near Leeds so it is probable that beverley is just giving Chelsy some backup in the first few weeks.

Maybe Chelsy is feeling the strain of getting settled as we have seen her and her mother attend a chirpractic clinic (to ssort out problems with spine).
As these pictures show she seems very tired looking anyway.

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/har...?b=269&m=t&o=0
Old 09-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

I did not see a photo of Chelsy's mom. What does she look like?

I am glad the photos have stop daily on Chelsy.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Commoner

I don't think the paps have stopped takings photos of Chelsy. We will probably see moire in the next coming days.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

poor chelsy, she looks as if she was being stalked by paparazzi's at university. hopefully after some days they will let her alone.

how come she chose leeds university?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Gentry

Hello People!!!...Hope everything ok!!!... Does somebody know How tall Chelsy Davy is??? If you have the answer...I will thank you very much!!!
Kisses...
Old 09-23-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I did not see a photo of Chelsy's mom. What does she look like?
Here are some old pics of Chelsy and her mom in 2005, in Newlands outside Cape Town going to have lunch at 'Basilica' restaurant.
Rex 1 Rex 2 Rex 3
And one from the Diana concert. I am sure the lady on far left in the same row as Chelsy, Shaun's girlfriend, etc. is Beverly Davy.
Rex 4
Old 09-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
poor chelsy, she looks as if she was being stalked by paparazzi's at university. hopefully after some days they will let her alone.

how come she chose leeds university?
Chelsy chose Leeds presumably because she has some friends from Stowe (where she did A Levels) there already. She probably did it because she could be worried about making new friends just because she is Harry's girlfriend!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:28 PM

Here is a pointless update on Chelsy's student life (Chelsy in the rain) but naturally the picture is cool. Maybe the piece of a man (arm) on the right side of the picture is her new bodyguard.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...sy-davy-leeds/
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Chelsy Davy walking in the rain to university, Leeds, Britain - 23 Sep 2007
IBL
IBL
Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Commoner

She looks pretty calm and collected and remotely not bothered by the weather for someone who apparently cannot stand the british weather!!!

Tags
chelsy davy