The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Where is Harry going to be stationed? Nothing against Chelsy...but I seriously doubt that Charles or the Queen for that matter will let Chelsy have a Palace pad. Not that she wouldn't be welcome in Harry's place when he is there...but its not like they are running a boarding house. I am sure she will get her own place when she moves to London.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I doubt Chelsy will be living with the Royals, mainly because of her incredibly controversial and dubious family connections.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Commoner

New pictures Chelsy Davy Family

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8...estnov6cw5.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8...estnov7ae7.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4...estnov4kz5.jpg
Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Courtier

In the last few years, since were first introduced through the media to Chelsy, she has matured and doesn't seem so unsure of herself anymore.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry's girl puts up love pad for sale to move to England

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy put her Cape Town home up for sale ready for a move to Britain to be near her royal love.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061207/139/6a38i.html
Old 12-07-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Harry's girl puts up love pad for sale to move to England

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy put her Cape Town home up for sale ready for a move to Britain to be near her royal love.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061207/139/6a38i.html
hmm, it's not important, but I thought she shared that apartment with her brother. Maybe he is moving too or already moved out.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I doubt Chelsy will be living with the Royals, mainly because of her incredibly controversial and dubious family connections.
I think Chelsy will surely not have a royal-affiliated residence in Britain, true enough, but her and Prince Harry's intentions seem serious. So I think with the bad publicity that has been brought on Charles Davy's financial affiliations, minor or not, in the Mugabe regime, that that matter must be fully investigated and cleaned up before any serious thoughts of engagement can proceed. The royal family would want to clean up any possible leads, however minor, to a headline accusing them of supporting a regime that violates the international standards of human rights.
If a heavier affiliation is uncovered, then I think Prince Harry would find himself in a very difficult situation, because the royal family could not risk upseting the international human rights community, the UN and European Council standards, and all that. The media backlash would be horrible for them.
So I think if worse comes to light, Harry would have to make a choice, a horrible one not unlike that of the late Duke of Windsor or Princess Margaret in the Townsend affair.
But that's jumping the gun, I know. So far the extent of the "links to the Mugabe regime" aren't well known, what is known seems very minor. I just worry because in this type of situation, where money and big business/politics are involved, it seems that often where there is smoke, there is fire....
It would be very sad for Prince Harry and Chelsy to have to be caught in a situation like that and make uncomfortable choices between family and love.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Administrator

They could always take the Dutch option and just not invite dad to the wedding. It worked for Maxima.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I think Chelsy will surely not have a royal-affiliated residence in Britain, true enough, but her and Prince Harry's intentions seem serious. So I think with the bad publicity that has been brought on Charles Davy's financial affiliations, minor or not, in the Mugabe regime,.
Any connection, minor or not, would IMO, not be acceptable to the RF, goverment or most people in the UK. The genocide, land grabbing and insults Mugabe has levelled at the UK, would prove a problem for any long term relationship between Harry and Chelsy.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
They could always take the Dutch option and just not invite dad to the wedding. It worked for Maxima.
I think the Dutch are a lot more 'laid back' than us Brits.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Any connection, minor or not, would IMO, not be acceptable to the RF, goverment or most people in the UK. The genocide, land grabbing and insults Mugabe has levelled at the UK, would prove a problem for any long term relationship between Harry and Chelsy.

So Chelsy would be punished for her father's sins. Not fair, really. Unless she condones those actions. Do we know if she does?
Old 12-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
So Chelsy would be punished for her father's sins. Not fair, really. Unless she condones those actions. Do we know if she does?
While ever she is living off of the proceed's, then yes she condones it.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think you are a bit unfair there, Skydragon. What could she do? Run away from home at the age of 11? And even before 11 she had to leave on her Family's money. Once she gets profession and job that will provide her with income, sufficient to support herself, then it's completely another question. Chelsy can then show she is not supporting her father's sources of income by refusing to get any financial support from him. And whatever the media says, she must have some brains to get all the degrees she did, so I assume she will manage to find a nice job.
We have all lived off our parents' money up to some point of our lives.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I think you are a bit unfair there, Skydragon. What could she do? Run away from home at the age of 11? And even before 11 she had to leave on her Family's money. Once she gets profession and job that will provide her with income, sufficient to support herself, then it's completely another question. Chelsy can then show she is not supporting her father's sources of income by refusing to get any financial support from him. And whatever the media says, she must have some brains to get all the degrees she did, so I assume she will manage to find a nice job.
We have all lived off our parents' money up to some point of our lives.
But, she is not eleven now, she has chosen to continue her education in the UK, with financial backing from a father, with strong financial and friendship links to a despot, who hates her boyfriends country.
Many young men and women manage to support themselves through uni.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with Avalon. Its not like she had any other choice when she was younger but to live off of her parents income. Even now, she's just graduating from college and has yet to be able to set up her own life.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
I agree with Avalon. Its not like she had any other choice when she was younger but to live off of her parents income. Even now, she's just graduating from college and has yet to be able to set up her own life.
She is no longer a child, reliant on her parents for every crust. She could be 'just graduating' from some course or another in 10-20 years time. Here you are judged to be an adult at 18, that means making some tough decisions but, I have a feeling that Chelsy will always go for the 'daddy's money' option, no matter how he gets it!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But, she is not eleven now, she has chosen to continue her education in the UK, with financial backing from a father, with strong financial and friendship links to a despot, who hates her boyfriends country.
But she is only 20. 20 is an age when many young people already support themselves, but many other young people are still working on their education, like Chelsy.
I generally don't think that children should be judged for the mistakes (or crimes) of their parents.
I see your point, of course, and after all Chelsy is your possible Princess-to-be, not mine. But I think Chelsy should be given a chance, just like Kate or anyone else. It's all just my opinion though.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
But she is only 20. 20 is an age when many young people already support themselves, but many other young people are still working on their education, like Chelsy.
I generally don't think that children should be judged for the mistakes (or crimes) of their parents.
I see your point, of course, and after all Chelsy is your possible Princess-to-be, not mine. But I think Chelsy should be given a chance, just like Kate or anyone else. It's all just my opinion though.
I think Chelsy is being given a chance but, it is hardly ideal for a potential princess to have such links. Put another way, I wonder how many people would be happy if their child was dating the son or daughter of someone who had very close ties to Saddam Hussien (for instance), most people would I think be horrified.

I don't know the girl, but, it would worry me if Harry chose to tie himself up with her and as a consequence, her family. She could be an absolute angel, but...
Old 12-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Post Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 5: September 2006 -

Quote:
I believe thaMany young men and women manage to support themselves through uni.t there is a great deal of the money was by selling realestate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Skydragon[/b]]
She sold her house or what ever in Cape Town for 310,000 pounds or 412,000 dollars. Actually:
310,000 British Pound = 608,189 US Dollar .
Old 12-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Nobility

Post Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 5: September 2006 -

sorry for your thoughts.

Tags
chelsy davy