The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
It really annoys the heck out of me because I would be so much better in some of those journalists' shoes.
We all know that most journalists do not know the meaning of accurate or fact, just what will 'catch the eye' or sell. You don't want to become a journalist, everyone would hate you!

Old 10-22-2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
We all know that most journalists do not know the meaning of accurate or fact, just what will 'catch the eye' or sell. You don't want to become a journalist, everyone would hate you!
Nah! I would give the Royal Forums' members what they have long been wanting: a journalist who is a) a true royalist, b) objective to a fault, c) always accurate, absolutely meticulous in fact checking!
I know I wouldn't be alone. Good journalists are out there. Sadly, however, the good ones aren't usually writing the royal stories.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Why does the article say she is from Zimbabwe? I thought she was South African? Which is it?
Zimbabwe is in southern Africa as opposed to eastern Africa, western Africa or nothern Africa. But no, it is not South Africa. Chelsy is from Zimbabwe.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Yeah, but then all those other articles that talk about "South African Chelsy Davy," "Prince Harry's South African girlfriend" are wrong! Why are there so many incompetents in the media?
It really annoys the heck out of me because I would be so much better in some of those journalists' shoes.
I think she is from Zimbabwe but went to uni in SA, and therefore has a house there. If she's been in SA for 4 years, I think it's okay to refer to her as South African. Or maybe the press figured she was from South Africa and were only corrected much later. Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Now the press is trying to make her a good girl... if you change yourself they
just screw you, if you are sure of who you are and you are confident that you are right and you don't change yourself, they will respect you later.
That's what happened to Chelsy
Old 10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness

I can just see the tabloids setting up for the next round of Kate vs Chelsy "news":
First, based on the Daily Mail comments, there will be angry retorts from Kate's friends. Somthing along the lines of how dare Chelsy to put her down for being middle-class.
Next, there will be taunts of who will get her prince to the alter first.
If only Kate gets to wear the tiaras, the headlines will be Kate's Sweet Revenge. If Chelsy gets her tiaras, the headlines will be Told Kate So. If both do, well, Kate would still outrank Chelsy and gets to gloat. That's all before the fashion comparisons kick in.
The tabloids can't loose in any of the scenario.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Chelsy is definately getting more ink these days. Check out this article from the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...926045,00.html
Old 10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Courtier

The articles about chelsy and kate are pathetic.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Courtier

Ok sometimes I feel like I am the only one in these threads that are willing to give Kate and Chelsy a break, but I thought that Guardian article was hilarous. It's suppose to be an od-ed and the whole thing about William being a gay icon and Chelsy 'well she already blew it so why not make out in the loo' Davy had me

Map for the British Royals
Old 10-23-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Zimbabwe is in southern Africa as opposed to eastern Africa, western Africa or nothern Africa. But no, it is not South Africa. Chelsy is from Zimbabwe.
It's always good to be refreshed on the basics of geography: east, west, south, north!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Chelsy is definately getting more ink these days. Check out this article from the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...926045,00.html
sorry, i think the article is funny. Maybe not so generous to either of Kate or Chelsy, but at least the writer has a sense of humor ....
Old 10-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

chelsy and kate

i wish the media would leave then alone.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Nobility

the guardian is known for its sarcastic humor towards the royal family & their significant other. Atlease its better than the usual trash tabloid game of good kate v. bad chelsy
Old 10-25-2006, 05:06 PM

That article was funny, but what is the deal with "lovely and fragrant Kate Middleton?" What does this Barbara Ellen know about what Kate smells like?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That article was funny, but what is the deal with "lovely and fragrant Kate Middleton?" What does this Barbara Ellen know about what Kate smells like?
Maybe she's been going through Kate's garbage or has been stalking her. Oh wait! nevermind, that's the paparazzi.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I can just see the tabloids setting up for the next round of Kate vs Chelsy "news":
First, based on the Daily Mail comments, there will be angry retorts from Kate's friends. Somthing along the lines of how dare Chelsy to put her down for being middle-class.
Next, there will be taunts of who will get her prince to the alter first.
If only Kate gets to wear the tiaras, the headlines will be Kate's Sweet Revenge. If Chelsy gets her tiaras, the headlines will be Told Kate So. If both do, well, Kate would still outrank Chelsy and gets to gloat. That's all before the fashion comparisons kick in.
The tabloids can't loose in any of the scenario.
Remind me to invest a smart sum in the tabloid stock. I'll make a fortune off of those two for years!
Old 10-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I have very little confidence in those 'Royal insiders', I am not entirely sure of the credibility of the article. But then, there would be hardly any articles at all, without those famous "Royal insiders" and "close friends".

PALACE PAD FOR CHELSY

Lovestruck Prince Harry has persuaded his dad to allow blonde girlfriend Chelsy Davy to move into a royal residence.
Prince Charles has provisionally agreed to let her have a flat at Clarence House or Kensington Palace when she finishes university in South Africa next year.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I have very little confidence in those 'Royal insiders', I am not entirely sure of the credibility of the article. But then, there would be hardly any articles at all, without those famous "Royal insiders" and "close friends".

PALACE PAD FOR CHELSY

Lovestruck Prince Harry has persuaded his dad to allow blonde girlfriend Chelsy Davy to move into a royal residence.

Prince Charles has provisionally agreed to let her have a flat at Clarence House or Kensington Palace when she finishes university in South Africa next year.
I don't know if this is true, but it sounds like a good idea. Chelsy will be red meat for the British tabloids if and when she moves there. Things will be easier and safer if she is within the royal bubble. Even if the royals don't like her, there is nothing to be gained by allowing her to be ripped to shreds by Fleet Street. Chelsy should get the same "media training" as Kate has supposedly gotten. If she doesn't want to take their advice (like Sarah F.) then she will deserve her certain downfall but an attempt should be made to treat her respectfully and to show concern for her.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Do you really think Chelsey wants to live under Charles Rule?She will get a wonderful apartment in Britian with a large bathroom and get on with her life.

Must be a very slow day for reporters.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Commoner

the BRF doesn't like CD?... mean BRF

Tags
chelsy davy