The Chelsy Davy Thread 5: September 2006-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: the guardian is known for its sarcastic humor towards the royal family & their significant other. Atlease its better than the usual trash tabloid game of good kate v. bad chelsy;)

That article was funny, but what is the deal with "lovely and fragrant Kate Middleton?" What does this Barbara Ellen know about what Kate smells like?:lol:

CasiraghiTrio said:
That article was funny, but what is the deal with "lovely and fragrant Kate Middleton?" What does this Barbara Ellen know about what Kate smells like?:lol:

Maybe she's been going through Kate's garbage or has been stalking her. Oh wait! nevermind, that's the paparazzi.:rolleyes:

Incas said:
I can just see the tabloids setting up for the next round of Kate vs Chelsy "news":
First, based on the Daily Mail comments, there will be angry retorts from Kate's friends. Somthing along the lines of how dare Chelsy to put her down for being middle-class.
Next, there will be taunts of who will get her prince to the alter first.
If only Kate gets to wear the tiaras, the headlines will be Kate's Sweet Revenge. If Chelsy gets her tiaras, the headlines will be Told Kate So. If both do, well, Kate would still outrank Chelsy and gets to gloat. That's all before the fashion comparisons kick in.
The tabloids can't loose in any of the scenario.:lol:

Remind me to invest a smart sum in the tabloid stock. I'll make a fortune off of those two for years!

I have very little confidence in those 'Royal insiders', I am not entirely sure of the credibility of the article. But then, there would be hardly any articles at all, without those famous "Royal insiders" and "close friends". :rolleyes: ;)

PALACE PAD FOR CHELSY

Lovestruck Prince Harry has persuaded his dad to allow blonde girlfriend Chelsy Davy to move into a royal residence.
Prince Charles has provisionally agreed to let her have a flat at Clarence House or Kensington Palace when she finishes university in South Africa next year.​

Avalon said:
I have very little confidence in those 'Royal insiders', I am not entirely sure of the credibility of the article. But then, there would be hardly any articles at all, without those famous "Royal insiders" and "close friends". :rolleyes: ;)

PALACE PAD FOR CHELSY

Lovestruck Prince Harry has persuaded his dad to allow blonde girlfriend Chelsy Davy to move into a royal residence.​

Prince Charles has provisionally agreed to let her have a flat at Clarence House or Kensington Palace when she finishes university in South Africa next year.​
I don't know if this is true, but it sounds like a good idea. Chelsy will be red meat for the British tabloids if and when she moves there. Things will be easier and safer if she is within the royal bubble. Even if the royals don't like her, there is nothing to be gained by allowing her to be ripped to shreds by Fleet Street. Chelsy should get the same "media training" as Kate has supposedly gotten. If she doesn't want to take their advice (like Sarah F.) then she will deserve her certain downfall but an attempt should be made to treat her respectfully and to show concern for her.

Do you really think Chelsey wants to live under Charles Rule?She will get a wonderful apartment in Britian with a large bathroom and get on with her life.

Must be a very slow day for reporters.:) :) :) :)

the BRF doesn't like CD?... mean BRF

Where is Harry going to be stationed? Nothing against Chelsy...but I seriously doubt that Charles or the Queen for that matter will let Chelsy have a Palace pad. Not that she wouldn't be welcome in Harry's place when he is there...but its not like they are running a boarding house. I am sure she will get her own place when she moves to London.

I doubt Chelsy will be living with the Royals, mainly because of her incredibly controversial and dubious family connections.

Skydragon said:
Harry's girl puts up love pad for sale to move to England

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy put her Cape Town home up for sale ready for a move to Britain to be near her royal love.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061207/139/6a38i.html

hmm, it's not important, but I thought she shared that apartment with her brother. Maybe he is moving too or already moved out.

Little_star said:
I doubt Chelsy will be living with the Royals, mainly because of her incredibly controversial and dubious family connections.
I think Chelsy will surely not have a royal-affiliated residence in Britain, true enough, but her and Prince Harry's intentions seem serious. So I think with the bad publicity that has been brought on Charles Davy's financial affiliations, minor or not, in the Mugabe regime, that that matter must be fully investigated and cleaned up before any serious thoughts of engagement can proceed. The royal family would want to clean up any possible leads, however minor, to a headline accusing them of supporting a regime that violates the international standards of human rights.
If a heavier affiliation is uncovered, then I think Prince Harry would find himself in a very difficult situation, because the royal family could not risk upseting the international human rights community, the UN and European Council standards, and all that. The media backlash would be horrible for them.
So I think if worse comes to light, Harry would have to make a choice, a horrible one not unlike that of the late Duke of Windsor or Princess Margaret in the Townsend affair.
But that's jumping the gun, I know. So far the extent of the "links to the Mugabe regime" aren't well known, what is known seems very minor. I just worry because in this type of situation, where money and big business/politics are involved, it seems that often where there is smoke, there is fire....
:sad: It would be very sad for Prince Harry and Chelsy to have to be caught in a situation like that and make uncomfortable choices between family and love.

They could always take the Dutch option and just not invite dad to the wedding. It worked for Maxima. :D

CasiraghiTrio said:
I think Chelsy will surely not have a royal-affiliated residence in Britain, true enough, but her and Prince Harry's intentions seem serious. So I think with the bad publicity that has been brought on Charles Davy's financial affiliations, minor or not, in the Mugabe regime,.

Any connection, minor or not, would IMO, not be acceptable to the RF, goverment or most people in the UK. The genocide, land grabbing and insults Mugabe has levelled at the UK, would prove a problem for any long term relationship between Harry and Chelsy.

Warren said:
They could always take the Dutch option and just not invite dad to the wedding. It worked for Maxima. :D

I think the Dutch are a lot more 'laid back' than us Brits. :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
Any connection, minor or not, would IMO, not be acceptable to the RF, goverment or most people in the UK. The genocide, land grabbing and insults Mugabe has levelled at the UK, would prove a problem for any long term relationship between Harry and Chelsy.

So Chelsy would be punished for her father's sins. Not fair, really. Unless she condones those actions. Do we know if she does?

Roslyn said:
So Chelsy would be punished for her father's sins. Not fair, really. Unless she condones those actions. Do we know if she does?

While ever she is living off of the proceed's, then yes she condones it.

Skydragon said:

I think you are a bit unfair there, Skydragon. What could she do? Run away from home at the age of 11? And even before 11 she had to leave on her Family's money. Once she gets profession and job that will provide her with income, sufficient to support herself, then it's completely another question. Chelsy can then show she is not supporting her father's sources of income by refusing to get any financial support from him. And whatever the media says, she must have some brains to get all the degrees she did, so I assume she will manage to find a nice job.
We have all lived off our parents' money up to some point of our lives.

Avalon said:
I think you are a bit unfair there, Skydragon. What could she do? Run away from home at the age of 11? And even before 11 she had to leave on her Family's money. Once she gets profession and job that will provide her with income, sufficient to support herself, then it's completely another question. Chelsy can then show she is not supporting her father's sources of income by refusing to get any financial support from him. And whatever the media says, she must have some brains to get all the degrees she did, so I assume she will manage to find a nice job.
We have all lived off our parents' money up to some point of our lives.

But, she is not eleven now, she has chosen to continue her education in the UK, with financial backing from a father, with strong financial and friendship links to a despot, who hates her boyfriends country.
Many young men and women manage to support themselves through uni.

I agree with Avalon. Its not like she had any other choice when she was younger but to live off of her parents income. Even now, she's just graduating from college and has yet to be able to set up her own life.

christinacg said:
I agree with Avalon. Its not like she had any other choice when she was younger but to live off of her parents income. Even now, she's just graduating from college and has yet to be able to set up her own life.

She is no longer a child, reliant on her parents for every crust. She could be 'just graduating' from some course or another in 10-20 years time. Here you are judged to be an adult at 18, that means making some tough decisions but, I have a feeling that Chelsy will always go for the 'daddy's money' option, no matter how he gets it!

Skydragon said:
But, she is not eleven now, she has chosen to continue her education in the UK, with financial backing from a father, with strong financial and friendship links to a despot, who hates her boyfriends country.

But she is only 20. 20 is an age when many young people already support themselves, but many other young people are still working on their education, like Chelsy.
I generally don't think that children should be judged for the mistakes (or crimes) of their parents.
I see your point, of course, and after all Chelsy is your possible Princess-to-be, not mine. But I think Chelsy should be given a chance, just like Kate or anyone else. It's all just my opinion though. :flowers:

Avalon said:
But she is only 20. 20 is an age when many young people already support themselves, but many other young people are still working on their education, like Chelsy.
I generally don't think that children should be judged for the mistakes (or crimes) of their parents.
I see your point, of course, and after all Chelsy is your possible Princess-to-be, not mine. But I think Chelsy should be given a chance, just like Kate or anyone else. It's all just my opinion though. :flowers:

I think Chelsy is being given a chance but, it is hardly ideal for a potential princess to have such links. Put another way, I wonder how many people would be happy if their child was dating the son or daughter of someone who had very close ties to Saddam Hussien (for instance), most people would I think be horrified.

I don't know the girl, but, it would worry me if Harry chose to tie himself up with her and as a consequence, her family. She could be an absolute angel, but...

Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 5: September 2006 -

Skydragon said:
I believe thaMany young men and women manage to support themselves through uni.t there is a great deal of the money was by selling realestate.
[B said:
Skydragon[/b]]

She sold her house or what ever in Cape Town for 310,000 pounds or 412,000 dollars. Actually:
310,000 British Pound = 608,189 US Dollar .

Last edited:
Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 5: September 2006 -

sorry for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom