The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Courtier

I think he's just sewing his wilds oats right now, I highly doubt that Harry will get married anytime soon and to Chelsy. I think he'll wait since there isn't any pressure on him to marry soon. But when it comes down to it, I think he will choose a suitable bride that the Queen and court can approve of. I'm sure the girl will be fun loving and adventerous just like him but I don't believe she will have the baggage Chelsy has with her family, persona, parting etc.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
I like her more now! She seems like one of those girls who is probably book smart but when it comes to common sense, she has none!
There are IMO 1000's of graduates like her. They are able to retain enough facts to get the passes but are totally lacking in common sense or indeed common knowledge.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
sewing his wilds oats
I always wanted to know what that statement ment ?
Old 10-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I think it means he's just out having a good time, as good times go for a young man who's 21 with no major obligations or responsibilities. Just having fun with her (it's mutual and not mean or anything, of course).

I think the idea is that Harry's not believed to be in any type of super heavy relationship that would involve life planning and so on. He's just having a fun time with someone he apparently likes to be around for the time being the same way any 21 year old person would.

But someone else could know better what that term implies than I do.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I think this is a reasonable explanation!

It’s not surprising that the phrase sowing wild oats was applied figuratively to young men who frittered away their time in stupid or idle pastimes. But there’s a strong sexual association here, too, because the phrase was often applied, in a more or less indulgent way, and always to young men, to what was politely referred to as youthful dissipation. The associations between male sexual activity and sowing seed are obvious enough.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-sow1.htm
Old 10-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you skydragon and Lillia for your responses.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
And the tabloids want the wild and the saint one.
this is why I am wary about the images the media wants us to have about this couple. Good, Dutiful William with his Prim and Proper Kate vs. Wild Reckless Harry and his Airhead girlfriend. I can't buy into such simplistic images. I'm sure William has his careless side and Harry has his own amount of seriousness about some things. Likewise, I can't buy the Kate vs. Chelsy crap, not when that game has been played by the media so often (and always the same way) before: Di vs. Fergie, Di vs. Camilla, Dutiful Lilibet vs. Party Animal Margaret, Perfect Victoria vs. Tan Fan/Beach Bum Madeleine, First Lady Caroline "with Monaco on her shoulders" vs. Flighty Princess Stephanie.....
Old 10-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Courtier

She may not be the smartest person in the world but she is not dumb either. She is earning a degree in economics at a university in SA and has reportedly been accepted to Bristol University in England where she will study for a post graduate in politics. I'm relieved that when she moves to England (if the stories are true) she will be doing something with her life other than being Harry's girlfriend.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
She may not be the smartest person in the world but she is not dumb either. She is earning a degree in economics at a university in SA and has reportedly been accepted to Bristol University in England where she will study for a post graduate in politics. I'm relieved that when she moves to England (if the stories are true) she will be doing something with her life other than being Harry's girlfriend.
I agree Laviollette, Chelsy may not be the smartest person in the world, but she must have some sort of intelligence to be able to successfully complete her courses and earn a degree.

It could be that she has book smarts but not common sense. (As mentioned by someone else on this messageboard, but I can't remember who said it)
Either way, it definitely means she isn't totally dumb, blonde or no.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
I agree Laviollette, Chelsy may not be the smartest person in the world, but she must have some sort of intelligence to be able to successfully complete her courses and earn a degree.

It could be that she has book smarts but not common sense. (As mentioned by someone else on this messageboard, but I can't remember who said it)
Either way, it definitely means she isn't totally dumb, blonde or no.
I find such a lack of basic general knowledge more irritating in someone who clearly has enough intelligence to complete high school and earn a degree than in someone with a rudimentary education. To me her lack of general knowledge indicates complacency and laziness, and a lack of curiosity, and IMO curiosity is one of the indicators for a truly intelligent person.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 PM

That's awesome that she's going onto postgrad work, and politics too, more impressive. Sadly, though, Bristol U seems to be a draw for aristocratic/trust fund types who go and get these great degrees, but end up using them for nothing. So it's good she's making the effort, but I hope she will defy the stereotype and actually use it.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Courtier

Friends reveal the real Chelsy Davy - The Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879
Old 10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Courtier

This sounds like media manipulation to me. It seems like they are trying to turn Chelsy's party girl public image around. It's interesting that this is coming out now that she is moving to England.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
This sounds like media manipulation to me. It seems like they are trying to turn Chelsy's party girl public image around. It's interesting that this is coming out now that she is moving to England.
I'm surprised by the media's rush rush to the alter of William and Harry. They are convinced that their first serious relationships are not only going to end in marriage but that the boys will marry at their current ages of 24 and 22 or in the very near future.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It's definitely an interesting article. I just thought the part putting Kate Middleton down was unnecessary. If the point was to make Chelsy look like royal material, why drag Kate into the discussion.

BTW, I didn't know Chelsy is bottled blonde.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I'm surprised by the media's rush rush to the alter of William and Harry. They are convinced that their first serious relationships are not only going to end in marriage but that the boys will marry at their current ages of 24 and 21 or in the very near future.
They are trying to marry them off because all they want is the next Diana or Fergie so they can act like they know whats going on behind close doors then sell it. I'm sure they have a grand ole time with the princes girlfriends now but they want something concrete. They want to put someone up on a pedistal and drag someone through the mud so they can sell papers. It's pathetic how they work in these cases, but there's nothing anyone can do.

OH maybe Tom Cruise, he can sue them, again.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:32 AM

Why does the article say she is from Zimbabwe? I thought she was South African? Which is it?
Old 10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

She's part of the Happy Valley crowd. They have a lot in common with the upper classes.

Oh please, in whose opinion... oh, thats right their own!

Someone should tell them, the most powerful women are the ones that wield the power without seeming to lift a finger or quirk an eyebrow!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Why does the article say she is from Zimbabwe? I thought she was South African? Which is it?
She is from Zimbabwe, according to most news reports. SA is right next door though.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
She is from Zimbabwe, according to most news reports. SA is right next door though.
Yeah, but then all those other articles that talk about "South African Chelsy Davy," "Prince Harry's South African girlfriend" are wrong! Why are there so many incompetents in the media?
It really annoys the heck out of me because I would be so much better in some of those journalists' shoes.

Tags
chelsy davy