The Chelsy Davy Thread 5: September 2006-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's just sewing his wilds oats right now, I highly doubt that Harry will get married anytime soon and to Chelsy. I think he'll wait since there isn't any pressure on him to marry soon. But when it comes down to it, I think he will choose a suitable bride that the Queen and court can approve of. I'm sure the girl will be fun loving and adventerous just like him but I don't believe she will have the baggage Chelsy has with her family, persona, parting etc.

Last edited:
christinacg said:
I like her more now! She seems like one of those girls who is probably book smart but when it comes to common sense, she has none!

There are IMO 1000's of graduates like her. They are able to retain enough facts to get the passes but are totally lacking in common sense or indeed common knowledge. :rolleyes:

sirhon11234 said:
I always wanted to know what that statement ment ?

I think it means he's just out having a good time, as good times go for a young man who's 21 with no major obligations or responsibilities. Just having fun with her (it's mutual and not mean or anything, of course).

I think the idea is that Harry's not believed to be in any type of super heavy relationship that would involve life planning and so on. He's just having a fun time with someone he apparently likes to be around for the time being the same way any 21 year old person would.

But someone else could know better what that term implies than I do.:flowers:

sirhon11234 said:
I always wanted to know what that statement ment ?

I think this is a reasonable explanation! :rolleyes:

It’s not surprising that the phrase sowing wild oats was applied figuratively to young men who frittered away their time in stupid or idle pastimes. But there’s a strong sexual association here, too, because the phrase was often applied, in a more or less indulgent way, and always to young men, to what was politely referred to as youthful dissipation. The associations between male sexual activity and sowing seed are obvious enough.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-sow1.htm

Thank you skydragon and Lillia for your responses.

Avalon said:
And the tabloids want the wild and the saint one.

this is why I am wary about the images the media wants us to have about this couple. Good, Dutiful William with his Prim and Proper Kate vs. Wild Reckless Harry and his Airhead girlfriend. I can't buy into such simplistic images. I'm sure William has his careless side and Harry has his own amount of seriousness about some things. Likewise, I can't buy the Kate vs. Chelsy crap, not when that game has been played by the media so often (and always the same way) before: Di vs. Fergie, Di vs. Camilla, Dutiful Lilibet vs. Party Animal Margaret, Perfect Victoria vs. Tan Fan/Beach Bum Madeleine, First Lady Caroline "with Monaco on her shoulders" vs. Flighty Princess Stephanie.....

She may not be the smartest person in the world but she is not dumb either. She is earning a degree in economics at a university in SA and has reportedly been accepted to Bristol University in England where she will study for a post graduate in politics. I'm relieved that when she moves to England (if the stories are true) she will be doing something with her life other than being Harry's girlfriend.

Laviollette said:
She may not be the smartest person in the world but she is not dumb either. She is earning a degree in economics at a university in SA and has reportedly been accepted to Bristol University in England where she will study for a post graduate in politics. I'm relieved that when she moves to England (if the stories are true) she will be doing something with her life other than being Harry's girlfriend.

I agree Laviollette, Chelsy may not be the smartest person in the world, but she must have some sort of intelligence to be able to successfully complete her courses and earn a degree.

It could be that she has book smarts but not common sense. (As mentioned by someone else on this messageboard, but I can't remember who said it)
Either way, it definitely means she isn't totally dumb, blonde or no.

TonyaR said:
I agree Laviollette, Chelsy may not be the smartest person in the world, but she must have some sort of intelligence to be able to successfully complete her courses and earn a degree.

It could be that she has book smarts but not common sense. (As mentioned by someone else on this messageboard, but I can't remember who said it)
Either way, it definitely means she isn't totally dumb, blonde or no.

I find such a lack of basic general knowledge more irritating in someone who clearly has enough intelligence to complete high school and earn a degree than in someone with a rudimentary education. To me her lack of general knowledge indicates complacency and laziness, and a lack of curiosity, and IMO curiosity is one of the indicators for a truly intelligent person.

That's awesome that she's going onto postgrad work, and politics too, more impressive. Sadly, though, Bristol U seems to be a draw for aristocratic/trust fund types who go and get these great degrees, but end up using them for nothing. So it's good she's making the effort, but I hope she will defy the stereotype and actually use it.:rolleyes:

This sounds like media manipulation to me. It seems like they are trying to turn Chelsy's party girl public image around. It's interesting that this is coming out now that she is moving to England. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
HRHAmy said:
This sounds like media manipulation to me. It seems like they are trying to turn Chelsy's party girl public image around. It's interesting that this is coming out now that she is moving to England. :rolleyes:
I'm surprised by the media's rush rush to the alter of William and Harry. They are convinced that their first serious relationships are not only going to end in marriage but that the boys will marry at their current ages of 24 and 22 or in the very near future.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
I'm surprised by the media's rush rush to the alter of William and Harry. They are convinced that their first serious relationships are not only going to end in marriage but that the boys will marry at their current ages of 24 and 21 or in the very near future.

They are trying to marry them off because all they want is the next Diana or Fergie so they can act like they know whats going on behind close doors then sell it. I'm sure they have a grand ole time with the princes girlfriends now but they want something concrete. They want to put someone up on a pedistal and drag someone through the mud so they can sell papers. It's pathetic how they work in these cases, but there's nothing anyone can do.

OH maybe Tom Cruise, he can sue them, again.:lol:

Last edited:
Why does the article say she is from Zimbabwe? I thought she was South African? Which is it?:huh:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Why does the article say she is from Zimbabwe? I thought she was South African? Which is it?:huh:

She is from Zimbabwe, according to most news reports. :flowers: SA is right next door though.

Skydragon said:
She is from Zimbabwe, according to most news reports. :flowers: SA is right next door though.

Yeah, but then all those other articles that talk about "South African Chelsy Davy," "Prince Harry's South African girlfriend" are wrong! Why are there so many incompetents in the media?
It really annoys the heck out of me because I would be so much better in some of those journalists' shoes. :bang:

CasiraghiTrio said:
It really annoys the heck out of me because I would be so much better in some of those journalists' shoes. :bang:

We all know that most journalists do not know the meaning of accurate or fact, just what will 'catch the eye' or sell. You don't want to become a journalist, everyone would hate you! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
We all know that most journalists do not know the meaning of accurate or fact, just what will 'catch the eye' or sell. You don't want to become a journalist, everyone would hate you! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Nah! :lol: I would give the Royal Forums' members what they have long been wanting: a journalist who is a) a true royalist, b) objective to a fault, c) always accurate, absolutely meticulous in fact checking!
I know I wouldn't be alone. Good journalists are out there. Sadly, however, the good ones aren't usually writing the royal stories.:lol:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Zimbabwe is in southern Africa as opposed to eastern Africa, western Africa or nothern Africa. But no, it is not South Africa. Chelsy is from Zimbabwe.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Yeah, but then all those other articles that talk about "South African Chelsy Davy," "Prince Harry's South African girlfriend" are wrong! Why are there so many incompetents in the media?

I think she is from Zimbabwe but went to uni in SA, and therefore has a house there. If she's been in SA for 4 years, I think it's okay to refer to her as South African. Or maybe the press figured she was from South Africa and were only corrected much later. Hope this helps. :)

Now the press is trying to make her a good girl... if you change yourself they
just screw you, if you are sure of who you are and you are confident that you are right and you don't change yourself, they will respect you later. :lol:
That's what happened to Chelsy ;)

I can just see the tabloids setting up for the next round of Kate vs Chelsy "news":
First, based on the Daily Mail comments, there will be angry retorts from Kate's friends. Somthing along the lines of how dare Chelsy to put her down for being middle-class.
Next, there will be taunts of who will get her prince to the alter first.
If only Kate gets to wear the tiaras, the headlines will be Kate's Sweet Revenge. If Chelsy gets her tiaras, the headlines will be Told Kate So. If both do, well, Kate would still outrank Chelsy and gets to gloat. That's all before the fashion comparisons kick in.
The tabloids can't loose in any of the scenario.:lol:

The articles about chelsy and kate are pathetic.

Ok sometimes I feel like I am the only one in these threads that are willing to give Kate and Chelsy a break, but I thought that Guardian article was hilarous. It's suppose to be an od-ed and the whole thing about William being a gay icon and Chelsy 'well she already blew it so why not make out in the loo' Davy had me :ROFLMAO:

Laviollette said:
Zimbabwe is in southern Africa as opposed to eastern Africa, western Africa or nothern Africa. But no, it is not South Africa. Chelsy is from Zimbabwe.
It's always good to be refreshed on the basics of geography: east, west, south, north! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom