The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Chelsy hasn't even met The Queen even though she's been dating her grandson, the spare, for two years now. How powerful can she be when she has not even been acknowledged by the British royal court? They don't like her or her family. She's like Sarah-in-waiting, imo. The BRF are not going through that again. And isn't Tatler magazine basically a tabloid? They are certainly way off on this one.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:34 PM

I have a question... I donīt understand why BRF donīt like chelsy?, what is wrong with her?. thanxs

Old 10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i'm with you guys/girls on this one. don't you have to do something to be powerful? <shaking my head at this one>
I agree with you too, but she did get her claws into Harry after all. Excuse the expression but that's how I feel. And isn't that power? To be dating a Prince who might one day be king? And he doesn't need permission to marry after the age of 25 right? So he could get married to her then and there goes the Monarchy!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

i thought all members of the royal family HAD to have the Queens permission to marry, no matter the age. correct me if i'm wrong, seems like i read it somewhere lately????? sorry i can't be more specific
Old 10-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Courtier

If they are over 25 and the Queen refuses permission they can ask Parliament.

Quote:
Chelsy hasn't even met The Queen even though she's been dating her grandson, the spare, for two years now. How powerful can she be when she has not even been acknowledged by the British royal court? They don't like her or her family
How do you know this ? Have you asked the Queen, as far as I know no one in the Royal Family has ever commented on this. We know that she has met with Prince Charles because they went to a Polo game together but we have no idea what the rest of the royal family thinks or if she has met them. You can give you opinion but don't pass it off as a fact.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Chelsy hasn't even met The Queen even though she's been dating her grandson, the spare, for two years now. How powerful can she be when she has not even been acknowledged by the British royal court? They don't like her or her family. She's like Sarah-in-waiting, imo. The BRF are not going through that again. And isn't Tatler magazine basically a tabloid? They are certainly way off on this one.
Tatler isn't a tabloid, it's a society magazine. For an equivalent think of Vanity Fair or Harper's Bazaar.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
And certainly no one expected little Princess Victoria of Kent to be Queen!
Hm, Victoria of Kent's father married to get a child that would be king or queen one day. His brother the Prince Regent and later king George IV. had lost his own only child, Princess Charlotte of Wales, in childbirth. The next king, his brother William II. and his queen Adelaide were childless. So there was a run-up of the other brothers of George IV. to marry and father children.

The duke of Kent was the third brother, thus he was the most senior and his daughter was her dather's heir presumptive the moment she was born. It didn't matter that the fourth brother, The duke of Cumberland, fathered male children - he inherited only Hanover via salic law and left this kingdom to his children, while the crown of Great Britain was inherited by Victoria, who was next in line due to semi-salic succession the moment she was born.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
i thought all members of the royal family HAD to have the Queens permission to marry, no matter the age. correct me if i'm wrong, seems like i read it somewhere lately????? sorry i can't be more specific
Here's the Wikipedia page on the Royal Marriages Act:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Marriages_Act_1772

It says "Any member of the Royal Family over the age of 25 who has been refused the sovereign's consent may marry one year after giving notice to the Privy Council of their intention to so marry, unless Parliament passes an act against the marriage in the interim."
Old 10-11-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Hm, Victoria of Kent's father married to get a child that would be king or queen one day. His brother the Prince Regent and later king George IV. had lost his own only child, Princess Charlotte of Wales, in childbirth. The next king, his brother William II. and his queen Adelaide were childless. So there was a run-up of the other brothers of George IV. to marry and father children.

The duke of Kent was the third brother, thus he was the most senior and his daughter was her dather's heir presumptive the moment she was born. It didn't matter that the fourth brother, The duke of Cumberland, fathered male children - he inherited only Hanover via salic law and left this kingdom to his children, while the crown of Great Britain was inherited by Victoria, who was next in line due to semi-salic succession the moment she was born.
Thanks for reminding me of the whole story and all the facts.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Thanks for reminding me of the whole story and all the facts.
You're welcome! It's just that I'm so fascinated by history and the sometimes strange circumstances that produced astonishing, but valid results. I wish I had the magic gift to be able to be a "flea on the wall" on any historical occassion that I wished to attend...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Courtier

I do hope that Harry will come to his senses and end it with Chelsy. No offense, there is just something about her I don't like. Plus, her family is trouble, just the thing the BRF doesn't need. As for him marrying Chelsy without the queen's consent, I don't think he would. Isn't he close to her or something?? (I read it somewhere)
Old 10-11-2006, 06:16 PM

I can't imagine the Queen not approving anyone who came to the point of marrying anyone of her grandchildren. By the time the relationship progresses to engagement, the person would have already passed all kinds of checks by the family and the Queen's "consent" must only be a formality by then.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks like Kate Middleton is not the only one, who has a fan site.
Here is one for Chelsy Davy, and I must admit it looks even more impressive!

http://www.chelsydavy.com/
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Gentry

>> Royally ****** <<
Ex dreams of a Harry-Chelsy wedding

More good news for the Royal Family. An ex
boyfriend of Prince Harry's lady Chelsy has
been telling friends about a certain set of
"artistic photographs" he has of her. But
they shouldn't be too worried - he's not
about to sell them to the tabloids. He's
waiting until that much hoped for day when
Harry takes Chelsy up the aisle.

www.popbitch.com
Old 10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

uh oh!!! thats not good! :O
Old 10-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Courtier

uh i dont get it.What kind of pictures?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

I wish the young lady well. I am sure it is hard dating one of the world's richest and well-known bachelors. But from what I can tell, the tabloids and other print journalism, Harry is a wild and fickle sort of guy. If he founds himself something more appealing he'll go for it I am sure. I do not see Chelsy Davis being the last girlfriend of Harry of Wales. However, father like son, he may end up back with her in 30 years.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah
I wish the young lady well. I am sure it is hard dating one of the world's richest and well-known bachelors. But from what I can tell, the tabloids and other print journalism, Harry is a wild and fickle sort of guy. If he founds himself something more appealing he'll go for it I am sure. I do not see Chelsy Davis being the last girlfriend of Harry of Wales. However, father like son, he may end up back with her in 30 years.
Or, if he is really in love with her and if it's really serious, he may not wait for that long and be with her in the first place.

I guess you said it, we know about Prince Harry from the tabloids. And the tabloids want the wild and the saint one.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Or, if he is really in love with her and if it's really serious, he may not wait for that long and be with her in the first place.

I guess you said it, we know about Prince Harry from the tabloids. And the tabloids want the wild and the saint one.
Great response Avalon,

I most certainly agree with you. I think that Harry may have a bit of the 'Wild Child' in him, but certainly not to the extent that the media portrays it.

Also, Harry has been definitely concentrating on his military career this year, and he isn't being given proper credit for that or for the fact that he's quite calmed down. The media seems to prefer to exaggerate Harry's behaviour in a negative way as much as possible. I'm sure they'll extend this negative slant to Chelsy also, so we might as well prepare ourselves for it.

In the meantime, I would like to say 'Bully for Harry'! It's refreshing to see a young man not afraid to show his feelings for his girlfriend and admit to the vulnerability of being in love. I think Chelsy is very lucky, and possibly Prince Harry may be also.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Harry seems to love Chelsy very much, i guess they will still be boyfriend and
girlfriend for a long time...

Tags
chelsy davy