The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

I'm the same age as her (she's 20 right?) and I don't act or dress like her. Does this make me not normal? NO. There's no reason not to be elegant and classy or at least try to be at any age.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Felicia, I don't want offence you, but I know more 20 aged people, which loves fun, crazy things and etc... they are simply like Chelsy. But you can say: Hundred people hudred of tastes.
And I bet, Harry wants Chelsy because of it. He will die from off bore, if he will be with someone "adult" and "normal" because, as he told, he loves fun. and I think in choosing of girlfriend for Harry is Harry the number one who chooses.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

Someone can be elegant and classy and FUN. And my point was that there is no such thing as ''normal'' for her age. Everyone's different. One extreme is no more normal than the other.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't get it. How exactly people want Chelsy to dress? Should she be dressed in some elegant suit with a matching Prada or Chanel bag? She is 20 (I am 20 too). She is developing her style, prefers the casual, comfortable things.. Imho, that's normal for 20 years old girl. Of course, eceryone has his own taste but personally I have shoes, exactly like Chelsy's and our cardigans are pretty similar.
As for those pictures at the airport with Chelsy smoking, I don't think she was exactly posing for the paparazzi, was she? Smoking is a very bad habit (personally I hate it) but unfortunately millions of people do smoke. If Chelsy smoked at an official dinner party, invited by Prince Harry, it would be terrible, yes, but smoking in the airport is a bit different, imo.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia
I'm the same age as her (she's 20 right?) and I don't act or dress like her. Does this make me not normal? NO. There's no reason not to be elegant and classy or at least try to be at any age.

So well said...there aren't any reasons not to be.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I don't get it. How exactly people want Chelsy to dress? Should she be dressed in some elegant suit with a matching Prada or Chanel bag? She is 20 (I am 20 too). She is developing her style, prefers the casual, comfortable things.. Imho, that's normal for 20 years old girl. Of course, eceryone has his own taste but personally I have shoes, exactly like Chelsy's and our cardigans are pretty similar.
As for those pictures at the airport with Chelsy smoking, I don't think she was exactly posing for the paparazzi, was she? Smoking is a very bad habit (personally I hate it) but unfortunately millions of people do smoke. If Chelsy smoked at an official dinner party, invited by Prince Harry, it would be terrible, yes, but smoking in the airport is a bit different, imo.
Exactly my point!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Courtier

We have had these conversations over and over again, people. Some of us like the way she dresses, others don't. This subject is getting old. lol
Old 08-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

I guess we could have a knock-down drag-out fight about whether she should be wearing wedges or heels?

(Kidding, kidding.)
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

i think considering she is a private citizen and is in no way supported financially by the BRF she can dress any way she wants. style is such a personal thing and it's different for everyone. i don't particularly like her style but i don't think she should change just because she's Harry's gf.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i think considering she is a private citizen and is in no way supported financially by the BRF she can dress any way she wants. style is such a personal thing and it's different for everyone. i don't particularly like her style but i don't think she should change just because she's Harry's gf.
Actually, I have to disagree with you because she is dating a prince. Dressing conservatively with impeccable manners, style and etiquette shouldn't be a sacrifice. Often times change is better. In this case it would be better as she is the one that must be accepted into the family and not the other way around.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
I guess we could have a knock-down drag-out fight about whether she should be wearing wedges or heels?

(Kidding, kidding.)

I think Chelsy is very young and I think she is still going through a phase. She will eventually end up with a style that is comfortable to her and accepted by the BRF. (If they last that long... ) But to judge her right now is not fair. I can tell you from personal experience that I have gone through many phases. What I wore my freshmen year, I certainly didn't wear my sophmore year. So...the point being she is still changing. And besides, fashion isn't a huge factor considering the fact that she isn't even a notable state person...yet:whistling
Old 08-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib

I think Chelsy is very young and I think she is still going through a phase. She will eventually end up with a style that is comfortable to her and accepted by the BRF. (If they last that long... ) But to judge her right now is not fair. I can tell you from personal experience that I have gone through many phases. What I wore my freshmen year, I certainly didn't wear my sophmore year. So...the point being she is still changing. And besides, fashion isn't a huge factor considering the fact that she isn't even a notable state person...yet:whistling
Very true!

Perhaps we should all agree to disagree on her fashion sense. Some like it while other don't.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
Very true!

Perhaps we should all agree to disagree on her fashion sense. Some like it while other don't.
Good point.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib

I really like your response. It is very insightful and rings true for me!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Courtier

She's just tacky like Sarah Ferguson. She's going to try to hold on to Harry until he dumps her. No matter what he does or how many other women he sees behind her back, she's not going anywhere.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
She's just tacky like Sarah Ferguson. She's going to try to hold on to Harry until he dumps her. No matter what he does or how many other women he sees behind her back, she's not going anywhere.
I'm afraid I might have to agree with you. Although Chelsy appears in better form lately (smiling, better dressed etc.), I don't think the relationship is going to last very long unless Chelsy moves to England and be near Harry. Harry is a young lad with screaming hormones and having your girl thousands of miles away would begin to get so old after a while. Perhaps some of his buddies in the army may have sisters that would love to meet Harry.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Nobility

They are both sooooooo young. It will be interesting to see what happens.

One thought though, Prince Charles met the love of his life at that young age and he never stopped loving her.

Perhaps like father, like son. We'll see.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love how people are quick to dump on Chelsy because she dresses like a "typical" 20 year old girl. Notice that I put "typical" in quotes because not all 20 year olds dress like that.....I didn't. More because I didn't have the body for it and less because I don't think it's classy. If could get away with dressing like that, I would.

However I don't think class has anything to do with how you dress, to a certain degree. I've seen a lot of so-called "classy" people dress horribly and a lot of so-called "un-classy" people dress with taste and style. I think to be classy or not to be has more to do with your behavior and how you comport yourself. That said, she's a 20 year old girl. I don't expect her to behave like she's constantly in the Queen's rearview mirror. When her and Harry are out kicking up their heels and being outrageous, I expect to her act like a 20 year old girl in that situation would. I am sure if she's ever presented to his family in a formal setting, she'll ditch the cigarettes and low-rider pants.

To expect the girlfriend of a Prince to behave on the same level as the Queen at all times is simply unrealistic.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

According to this article, Chelsy came 3rd in the poll of the 'Style Queen’ of the world, behind Jennifer Aniston and Kate Middletion (who is second!) and ahead of Kate Moss and Keira Knightly.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting , so people think she is more stylish than Kate.

Tags
chelsy davy