The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

I can't tell if the photo of Harry and Chelsy in the NOTW's piece a recent shot or from an earlier trip. Does anyone know?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I can't tell if the photo of Harry and Chelsy in the NOTW's piece a recent shot or from an earlier trip. Does anyone know?
To me it looks like the picture was blended together. But don't really know, if the picture was from the last time H & C was together.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks. I wouldn't put it pass NOTW if it was a digital composite.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart
Hmmmm.... this doesn't sit well with me at all. As much as I wished that this article was true, you never can trust the News of the World. Fingers crossed we see an article soon saying they've broken up!
If News of the World says they have broken up, it probably isn't true. I don't really trust them.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
If News of the World says they have broken up, it probably isn't true. I don't really trust them.
When i first got to England I thought that the Mirror was the tackiest newspaper but then I "met" News of the World, not even junkie addicts take that "thing" (I won't call it a newspaper) seriously.

I don't mean to offend the person who posted the link, I'm merely telling that source isn't reliable
Old 03-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Commoner

Lots of Chelsy pictures on this site.....!

http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r...?k=chelsy+davy

:)
Old 03-27-2006, 04:30 AM
Courtier

Yeah, nice pictures... But they are so small, and I not registered so I can't see it bigger :(
Old 03-29-2006, 03:10 AM
Commoner

Sorry, pictures are hard to come across. Better than nothing I suppose.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart
Sorry, pictures are hard to come across. Better than nothing I suppose.
Yes, of course. Thanks anyway
Old 04-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Shame of safari run by father of Harry's girl

The full sickening extent of the wildlife slaughter that has made millions for the family of Prince Harry's girlfriend is today exposed by The Mail on Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...urce=&ito=1490

Oh dear, I see problems ahead for Harry and Chelsy.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

The safari and Mugabe connection has been there from the beginning. The article just racks up a notch on the subject, but really not contributing any new information. While it does state one of the key associate, Mr. Shamu is on US' list of persona non-grata, it doesn't indicate such designation from British government.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Nobility

The racism thing really botheres me, but it appears to be from the workers and not Davy's father directly. The cannabis thing and Chelsy doesn't surprise me at all...
Old 04-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

Cool

Quote:
The racism thing really botheres me, but it appears to be from the workers and not Davy's father directly. The cannabis thing and Chelsy doesn't surprise me at all
yeah, that bothers me to no end. & Frankly, it say alot about what type of people the workers are. I agree that it reflects on the workers themselves & not Mr. davy's at all. But, this type of business & the scandals that follows this group doesn't go over well at all.

My father was a Vet so the hunting of animals never sits well with me. But, the horrible way some hunters hunt( HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT)is just awful. But, I do believe in Karma & what comes goes around comes around.

As for ms chelsy I can't blame her for her father. Kids dont' get to pick their parents. & I don't know how true the stories are of her. But, she does look the type to play if fast & loose. But, that goes with most Rich KIDS. They tend to think that they are all that, when in fact they aren't
Old 04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

In a way, the story reflects the importance the Davy family places on securing Chelsy's relationship with Harry. If Mr. Davy is divesting his stake in the hunting and exploitation of wild animals for his daughter's sake, it's puts a positive spin on the couple.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000
yeah, that bothers me to no end. & Frankly, it say alot about what type of people the workers are. I agree that it reflects on the workers themselves & not Mr. davy's at all. But, this type of business & the scandals that follows this group doesn't go over well at all.

My father was a Vet so the hunting of animals never sits well with me. But, the horrible way some hunters hunt( HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT)is just awful. But, I do believe in Karma & what comes goes around comes around.

As for ms chelsy I can't blame her for her father. Kids dont' get to pick their parents. & I don't know how true the stories are of her. But, she does look the type to play if fast & loose. But, that goes with most Rich KIDS. They tend to think that they are all that, when in fact they aren't
That's all I think about the whole thing, and I do believe in karma...
poor Mr Davy
Old 04-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In a way, the story reflects the importance the Davy family places on securing Chelsy's relationship with Harry. If Mr. Davy is divesting his stake in the hunting and exploitation of wild animals for his daughter's sake, it's puts a positive spin on the couple.
But that doesn't make up for the fact that he was involved in it in the first place.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000
As for ms chelsy I can't blame her for her father. Kids dont' get to pick their parents.

I kinda agree with you about blaming a kid for their parents actions. But it also seems kind of obvious that she is reaping the bountiful benefits for her fathers dirty actions. So I would wonder if she really cares where the money comes from and how her fathers actions affects other and the environment.

About the racism thing it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth but I am not surprised. It was only a few years ago (10+) that apartheid(sp) ended So I doubt that attitudes have really changed that much. I have often wondered what the attitude of young,white south africans such as Chelsy are. But as far as her in particular we will probably never know.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This is the one thing that is most suspicious about Chelsy's family. Everything they do is about making sure that Chelsy marries into the BRF. They give interviews about "people" in the BRF not wanting she and PH to get married in order to put them on the defensive, as if the Queen would even allow him to marry at the young age of 21 anyway. It's so calculated and when you consider the Davy family's background, it's all a bit disturbing. I've tried to hold my opinion on this and it is not Chelsy's fault who her unfortunate family is, but as of right now, imo, I would say they should never get married.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Sometimes I wonder if she knows what truely happens at her dad's hunting place. I mean she probably never really worked there. She went to boarding school for 5 years of her life and she probably went to a private school when she was younger and just stayed home. So she was shield from the truth. I mean she might have known about the connection with Mugabe but other than that she probably didn't know. I agree that she shouldn't be punished for her father's actions since she has no control over it. And I most certainly am not endorsing what he does I think it's awful.

I mean my dad has been working at this company for 7 years and I just found out recently where its located. It's not that I'm naive it's just that work isn't talked about in my home since everyone has different schedules and we try to catch up and leave our work at work and family time at home. So since she went to boarding school in another country she probably didn't know what was happening. My friends even tell me that they barely know what they're parents do at work because its not talked about in their house unless its brought it but its not.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybird
About the racism thing it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth but I am not surprised. It was only a few years ago (10+) that apartheid(sp) ended So I doubt that attitudes have really changed that much. I have often wondered what the attitude of young,white south africans such as Chelsy are. But as far as her in particular we will probably never know.
Apartheid has just recently ended on the historical timeline but the effects of it are still being dealt with today. My sister's roommate at school is a white south african who is very wealthy but has to be one of the nicest, anti-racist people I have ever met. So there are people on both sides of the river. As for Chelsy, I really can't blame her for her father's actions. I know she shouldn't endorse what her father did/does but as a young girl brought up a certain way, it is very hard to leave a comfortable lifestyle. She shouldn't support her father but I don't think anybody should expect 19 year old girl to just walk away from family. We'll see in time how she reacts. And as several members have already said; Chelsy could have been very sheltered from the reality of her father's work. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if she has been.

Tags
chelsy davy