The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 03-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Are they THE sexiest royals or ONE of the sexiest royals?
They are not royals at all!:)
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 03-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 34
Just flicking through the web, came across this article about Chelsy.

Thought it may of interest to some of you..... enjoy....

http://www.royalanecdotes.com/2006/0...-with-charles/
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 03-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
The story claims Wills and Harry are angry with their father because Kate and Chelsy haven't been invited to the Queen's private birthday party, but then ends with: "Although the Queen is said to like Kate, it seems she wants to keep this bash for close family only."
Never let the facts, or simple logic, get in the way of a good beat-up!
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #44  
Old 03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
I wonder which "British Sunday newspaper" they're talking about.
__________________
  #45  
Old 03-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I wonder which "British Sunday newspaper" they're talking about.
Probably the Sunday Telegraph... I would imagine. Why do you ask? To check it out?
__________________
  #46  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
margotantoinette's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: los gatos, United States
Posts: 56
I find it perfectly understandable that QEII would want to keep her birthday party to just close family. And while I understand that it could be considered to be a snub for Kate, given that we know for a fact she's met the Queen, I'm not at all perturbed by the fact that Chelsy wasn't invited. I don't know quite what it is about her, but she has an air that rubs me the wrong way. IMHO the sooner Harry moves on the better.
__________________
Ainsi sera, griogne qui groigne (this is how it will be, let those who would grumble, grumble) ~ Queen Anne Boleyn
  #47  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart
Probably the Sunday Telegraph... I would imagine. Why do you ask? To check it out?
Their 'source' in the other article is The People which is something to do with the Mirror, I think!
__________________
  #48  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The story claims Wills and Harry are angry with their father because Kate and Chelsy haven't been invited to the Queen's private birthday party, but then ends with: "Although the Queen is said to like Kate, it seems she wants to keep this bash for close family only."
Never let the facts, or simple logic, get in the way of a good beat-up!
Facts? Logic? What have these to do with anything the papers write about the British Royals?
__________________
  #49  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart
Probably the Sunday Telegraph... I would imagine. Why do you ask? To check it out?
To see how reliable a Sunday paper they're quoting as their source.
__________________
  #50  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by margotantoinette
I find it perfectly understandable that QEII would want to keep her birthday party to just close family. And while I understand that it could be considered to be a snub for Kate, given that we know for a fact she's met the Queen, I'm not at all perturbed by the fact that Chelsy wasn't invited. I don't know quite what it is about her, but she has an air that rubs me the wrong way. IMHO the sooner Harry moves on the better.
I totally agree with you, why should the Queen of England invite Chelsy, a girl who's been 'dating' her grandson, probably only seeing him a handful of times a year. Its crazy that the media even question this decision of invites!
It should be a personal affair, its not as if we're talking about an ordinary family here.
__________________
  #51  
Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 PM
margotantoinette's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: los gatos, United States
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart
I totally agree with you, why should the Queen of England invite Chelsy, a girl who's been 'dating' her grandson, probably only seeing him a handful of times a year. Its crazy that the media even question this decision of invites!
It should be a personal affair, its not as if we're talking about an ordinary family here.
exactly! silly media trying to find a scandal or slight in every little thing.
__________________
Ainsi sera, griogne qui groigne (this is how it will be, let those who would grumble, grumble) ~ Queen Anne Boleyn
  #52  
Old 03-15-2006, 02:19 AM
leahteresa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waipahu, United States
Posts: 305
I have always read that, until the ring is on the finger, partners are not invited into the inner circle.

Oh and Chelsy has appeal like Tonya Harding.
__________________
  #53  
Old 03-15-2006, 04:26 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 50
I'm pretty sure that's right about the whole engagement thing. You never saw Sophie at events before she and Edward got engaged but I could be wrong.
__________________
  #54  
Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
selrahc4's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7
I'm pretty sure that's right about the whole engagement thing. You never saw Sophie at events before she and Edward got engaged but I could be wrong.
She accompanied Edward to the decommissioning of the Royal Yacht Britannia in 1997, for one.
__________________
aka Janet on some other forums
  #55  
Old 03-18-2006, 10:57 PM
babybird's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: detroit, United States
Posts: 11
Don't know if this link has been posted.


http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news2.shtml
__________________
  #56  
Old 03-19-2006, 07:09 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybird
Don't know if this link has been posted.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news2.shtml
As it's the News of the World, the biggest sleaze paper known to man or woman, who only ever say 'an unnamed source' 'an unnamed sandhurst spokesman', 'an unnamed close friend' etc, we will probably never know if any of it is true or not.
I especially like the statement that the recruits are out drinking every night, it just doesn't happen!
__________________
  #57  
Old 03-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
That's what friends are for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
As it's the News of the World, the biggest sleaze paper known to man or woman, who only ever say 'an unnamed source' 'an unnamed sandhurst spokesman', 'an unnamed close friend' etc, we will probably never know if any of it is true or not.
You forgot to mention "friends fear...", "a close friend in Cape Town said..." and "a family friend said..."
These chatty 'friends' are impeccable sources!
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #58  
Old 03-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 34
Hmmmm.... this doesn't sit well with me at all. As much as I wished that this article was true, you never can trust the News of the World. Fingers crossed we see an article soon saying they've broken up!
__________________
  #59  
Old 03-19-2006, 08:29 AM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
I'll second that.

i am not familiar with news of the world but i am often surprised at how accurate some tabloid reports are.
__________________
  #60  
Old 03-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
Chelsy Davy: News and Current Events: Part 3

As was done in the Kate Middleton thread, the three British Forums moderators decided this thread also needed a clean-up.

All off-topic comments not relating to Chelsy Davy current events have been removed.
All arguments as to whether Kate goes clubbing more than Chelsy, or vice versa, have been removed.

This thread is for the discussion of Chelsy Davy current events; any post that is off topic or involves the rehashing of the same old arguments is subject to removal.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chelsy Davy news and pictures 4: May-September 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 192 09-10-2006 05:37 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth carl philip charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]