Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
She wore that brooch because of it's Welsh connotations - I quite like it. The children were wearing traditional Welsh dress I think.

Yep.

When I was a kid I used to collect dolls dressed in different national costumes, and I remember enough about them to recognise Welsh national dress when I see it.

As to the Royalist article, there may be a difference between Royal Colonel and Colonel in Chief. There were a whole slew of colonels for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, and it stands to reason that the whole lot of them might have some sort of uber-Colonel. Doesn't mean the regular colonel appointments didn't happen.

Elspeth said:
As to the Royalist article, there may be a difference between Royal Colonel and Colonel in Chief. There were a whole slew of colonels for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, and it stands to reason that the whole lot of them might have some sort of uber-Colonel. Doesn't mean the regular colonel appointments didn't happen.

Sorry Elspeth but unless Princess Anne and Prince Charles have been demoted to mere Colonels, the royalist article is wrong.:)

More photos from Getty images
TRH Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales meet members of the company backstage when they attend The Flying Dutchman Royal Gala performance at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff on March 1, 2006 in Wales. The Prince is Patron of the Welsh National Opera.

Attachments

• 56977256.jpg
    56977256.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 56977259.jpg
    56977259.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 56977264.jpg
    56977264.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 56977271.jpg
    56977271.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 112
Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, stands with Marsh Arabs at a reception at Clarence House, in London, Thursday March 2, 2006. They are visiting in a bid to highlight awareness for the plight of Marsh Arabs who live in the south of Iraq

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 116
MOLEY said:
I just saw on their website that The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to visit Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India from 20th march - 31st march 2006.
That's some really great news! I'll be looking forward to this visit!

It worries me a little but I'm sure security will be top notch.

What country do you think will benefit the most from the royals' visit?

wow that interesting they will visit Egypt .. I can't remember Charles ever visit there before?????? First time or not??? I just wonder....

Thank you

Skydragon said:
Britain's Prince Charles to tour Egypt, Saudi Arabia, India

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will visit Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India during a two-week official tour later this month, Charles' office said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060302/en_afp/britainroyalcharles_060302192901

yeah i read on my text message of phone they're talking about couples will attend 3 trips for state visit but Prince Charles's second trips would be Saudi Arabia since her marriage to Princess Diana and India in 1992 of his separation to Diana but im not sure what about his first time of egypt?

There will be some great shots of them at the Pyramids, I think. :)

ysbel said:
There will be some great shots of them at the Pyramids, I think. :)
But will they be going to Agra? :D

There was alot of hype when Charles and Diana visted India and they didn't visit the Taj together, thus creating the famous single shot of Diana sitting in the garden of the Taj... Do you think this time round, with his true love at his side, he'll visit the Taj with Camilla?

Just look forward to their oversea visit. I really hope that Prince Charles will be able to take more duties with Camilla by his side and win over more people. I don't think they would go to Taj together because it would cause some new controversy from the media and Diana' fans.

plus there will be the state visit from brazil next week...i hope we'll see camilla again with a tiara!

Duchess of Cornwall meets soldiers of the 3rd Battalion, the Parachute Regiment, at their base in Colchester, England, Friday, March 3, 2006, prior to their imminent deployment to Afghanistan

from polfoto

Attachments

• AP651028_guest.jpg
    AP651028_guest.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 149
Im glad she visted them :) such a nice gesture Long Live Camilla,HRH the Princess of Wales , Duchessof Cornwall ect

I especially like the second pic!;)

the duchess looks very much at home with the troops

Almost everyone who know's or meets her say's she is absolutely charming.:)

Carlos and Camilla will visit India in their second travels official

Prince Carlos and his wife Camilla will visit India between the 26 and the 31 of this month, in their second travels official since they contracted marriage, informs the local press today. Carlos and Camilla will arrive at India in the last stage of a trip that will before take them to Egypt and to Saudi Arabia, after, in last November, they made his first official trip to the United States.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/elsentinel/patria/orl-9289565mar04,0,6225917.story?coll=elsent-patria-other-feeds

I never thought I'd ever see the day when 'The Sun' called her "Caring Camilla".

Kerry, Why do you like that picture. Is it the Duchess or the new Javelin Anti Tank Missile Launcher! (Can I have one please)

Last edited:
Charles, Camilla to Visit Kingdom

JEDDAH, 6 March 2006 — Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are to visit Saudi Arabia for three days from March 24. The visit is part of a two-week tour by the royal couple that includes Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India. Prince Charles has visited the Kingdom several times, but it will be the first visit for the Duchess of Cornwall

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=78791&d=6&m=3&y=2006

hmm...i wonder if this will be the first time we see Camilla in a headscarf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom